Be honest everyone. Who will most likely purchase the Python MkII..?

No we're assuming that due to public financial documents, and the fact that they had to downsize their personnel quite drastically, etc...

Personally I'm happy that they saw merit in continuing to develop the game and that it didn't get axed too..!
Had a casual look on my own, ya layoffs and a negative quarter, I will withhold my stock prices do not necessarily reflect the health of business lecture.

Had a casual look on my own, ya layoffs and a negative quarter, I will withhold my stock prices do not necessarily reflect the health of business lecture.
Mostly it matters to the shareholders, not to the company itself. Unless it owns shares in itself, or wants to issue new shares on the public market.

I looked at my arx and saw that I almost had enough for the ship. The smallest purchase is $3.99 (plus tax), so a bit over $4.00 US. So now, I have enough.

I've never bought arx before, but I figured FD can have 4 bucks. Once I hear more about the P2, I might get it on the early access. If it's not that great, I can always trick out my carrier.

I'm under no illusions, though. This is P2W in a small way. Hopefully, FD will keep it to a minimum, but making a few bucks here and there can't be bad for the company.

the last time i've flown the cobra 4 was six years ago. did it get some love, or does it still handle like a bathtub full of cement?
Sorry, but the C4 is pretty much the same as it always was. No need for love for a crap ship that only a few have.

For me, I've used it as a small python-ish ship that can land on small pads for mission sharing. Makes it a bit more convenient when you come across a pad sitter. The C3 can do the job almost as well.

What is more likely to induce people into spending money on the game, cosmetics that have no effect on the gameplay whatsoever, or entirely new ships?

You might consider it "shameful" to put new ships behind a paywall (even if it's just for limited time), but I can well imagine they will sell better than some visual non-functional decorations.

So, which sells more is more important than doing the less scummy thing?

So we are now supporting bad practices from devs if it makes them more money?

Damn, all these years i've boycotted EA and Ubisoft, i should have just shut up and given them more money.

It's more important to you for them not to engage in what in your personal subjective opinion is "bad practices", even if it costs them their entire company and, thus would cause not only the game to stop development completely but in fact to completely shut down (because servers don't pay for themselves)? You'd rather the game cease to exist than for the developers to temporarily sell a new ship for money?

I don't really understand why you, like so many others, seem to think that Frontier is mega-rich and are just doing this out of greed and complete disregard for their customerbase. (You are quite explicitly comparing them to other huge and greedy megacorporations, so it's quite clear what you are implying.)

Damn, all these years i've boycotted EA and Ubisoft, i should have just shut up and given them more money.
No, you have chosen your own action, based on your opinion. This is exactly as it should be.
The rest of us are doing just that also.
You may disagree with those who choose the option you consider morally bankrupt, but as long as you have made a choice, so have I and others.

The last washing machine I bought had rivots instead of screws so was a real pain to fix- why do companies make crap that doesn’t last? Hmmm, maybe the same reason? Bucks is sadly the bottom line.

The last washing machine I bought had rivots instead of screws so was a real pain to fix- why do companies make crap that doesn’t last? Hmmm, maybe the same reason? Bucks is sadly the bottom line.
Designed life, a product is only supposed to last a certain number of years and then you replace it, what would manufacturers do if they did not have repeat customers.

I have switched on twitch notifications. Looking forward to seeing what's what tonight. Things I would love to know...

1. Stated as ' functionally different' from the original, and other elite ships?? Can't recall the exact phrase used during the reveal stream? But intrigued to know what that differentiating factor is. ....Could be absolutely anything from, mildly game changing, to, barely worth mentioning.

2. Is the interior modernised? Would like to see and feel I'm sitting in a different beast altogether. To be staring at an identical interior will be, disappointing.

Flimley

I will likely buy ARX....to buy the shipkit and paintjob, so I have both already when buying the ship for credits in August. And in the time up to that I'll have the modules ready and engineered too - except the armor of course, since that's ship specific.

I have switched on twitch notifications. Looking forward to seeing what's what tonight. Things I would love to know...

1. Stated as ' functionally different' from the original, and other elite ships?? Can't recall the exact phrase used during the reveal stream? But intrigued to know what that differentiating factor is. ....Could be absolutely anything from, mildly game changing, to, barely worth mentioning.

2. Is the interior modernised? Would like to see and feel I'm sitting in a different beast altogether. To be staring at an identical interior will be, disappointing.

Flimley
The cockpit will be identical, but the seat will be facing the right (instead of the front): massive functional difference!

There will be a seat variant, facing left, which can be purchased on the ARX store as a cosmetic change.

No, you have chosen your own action, based on your opinion. This is exactly as it should be.
The rest of us are doing just that also.
You may disagree with those who choose the option you consider morally bankrupt, but as long as you have made a choice, so have I and others.

Dayum, never thought i needed a /s at the end of the post.

And yes, i do disagree. But if you are fine with these practices, that's your choice of course. Just saying i boycotted EA and Ubisoft for their shady practices and now FD is going down the same road. I won't quit playing ED over this, but its certainly coloured my opinion of the company for the worse and i'll be less likely to buy their products in the future.

It's more important to you for them not to engage in what in your personal subjective opinion is "bad practices", even if it costs them their entire company and, thus would cause not only the game to stop development completely but in fact to completely shut down (because servers don't pay for themselves)? You'd rather the game cease to exist than for the developers to temporarily sell a new ship for money?

I don't really understand why you, like so many others, seem to think that Frontier is mega-rich and are just doing this out of greed and complete disregard for their customerbase. (You are quite explicitly comparing them to other huge and greedy megacorporations, so it's quite clear what you are implying.)

To be absoloutely honest, if they have mismanaged the company to the point where they will fail if they don't engage in consumer unfriendly practices, then yes, absoloutely, they deserve to go under, even if it means one my favourite games of all time goes under as well. At the end of the day, it is only a game.

The choice between giving money to a shady company that has been mismanaged vs saving a game i like is pretty clear cut to me.

Its the same reason i'd never give any money to CIG, even if Star Citizen turns out to be the best game in history (LOL).

Its not on consumers to save companies from themselves. ED should have been their golden child, the one they invested the most into, but they let it stagnate while they went chasing other IPs, and now the company is in trouble they've turned to fans of ED to save them financially using dubious practices.

No, i say a thousand times no, I will not help FD this way. If they want to sell me new cosmetics, yeah, i'll buy. A FAS ship kit would be lovely thanks.

Yeah, i've experienced this. My car's ignition is riveted in instead of bolted, making changing it out a pain.

That's why "right to repair" is gaining traction in some consumer segments like mobile phones and farming equipment. Pushing back against unfriendly consumer practices.

Its up to each individual to decide when the line has been crossed and if it has, whether to push back or bend over and take it up the jacksie.

My 3D printer is easily upgradeable with purchaseable mods... except that they glued all the tiny connectors into the circuit board. I'm genuinely puzzled, simply can't think of a reason.

Top Bottom