Be honest everyone. Who will most likely purchase the Python MkII..?

This is a working asset that FD are deliberately putting behind a 3 month paywall.

This isn't pay to get 3 months early, its don't pay and get 3 months later.

For shame FD, for shame!
Do you want the company to keep developing the game for the foreseeable future, or do you want them to stop and abandon the game completely?

It's well known that they aren't exactly swimming in money. I find it appalling that some people are treating them as if they were one of those infamous gaming mega-corporations (which I won't name here) who are quite literally swimming in money and are genuinely paywalling things and engaging in anti-consumer practices because of greed rather than necessity.

If this kind of early access helps them keep developing the game further, then I'm all for it.

I find it appalling that some people are treating them as if they were one of those infamous gaming mega-corporations (which I won't name here) who are quite literally swimming in money and are genuinely paywalling things and engaging in anti-consumer practices because of greed rather than necessity.
be as it may, the game that-shant-be-named is actually coming along quite nicely. there's an element of excellence and attention to detail to it that is unsurpassed.
18JwwVl.png

Do you want the company to keep developing the game for the foreseeable future, or do you want them to stop and abandon the game completely?

It's well known that they aren't exactly swimming in money. I find it appalling that some people are treating them as if they were one of those infamous gaming mega-corporations (which I won't name here) who are quite literally swimming in money and are genuinely paywalling things and engaging in anti-consumer practices because of greed rather than necessity.

If this kind of early access helps them keep developing the game further, then I'm all for it.

Yes, i do.

And neither you nor I know the real details of FD's financial situation.

However, as an outsider, a player, what I can say is there are things i would spend money on to fund FD and there are things that I won't.

If you want to encourage this sort of behaviour, go right ahead.

I'd rather encourage FD to create stuff I'm willing to pay for and that doesn't deliberately restrict people. Ship kits for those ships missing them is just a start, there are many other things FD could do to generate money they they do not seem interested in doing.

So, please, stop with the strawman argument, because i'm not saying that I don't want FD to make money to continue developing the game, i just question their choice of how they approach it.

You must have not been here for the ED:O Alpha/Beta shenanigans. Frontier put themselves in this predicament. They pulled some infamous mega-corp carpet pulling garbage.

Yeah, the default registration number takes first two letters of your commander name followed by dash and the day of purchase followed by a letter depending on ship model. Eg, my Cobra is SH-01C, my Chief is SH-30T etc. It's simple and neat and I rarely change it to something else:)
I never noticed that, but then I have been changing all the reg numbers since it was allowed.

The problem is that a large % of the early access purchases will probably come from Arx already paid for or earned in game so the benefits to FDev might not be that great at first.

Ship kits for those ships missing them is just a start
What is more likely to induce people into spending money on the game, cosmetics that have no effect on the gameplay whatsoever, or entirely new ships?

You might consider it "shameful" to put new ships behind a paywall (even if it's just for limited time), but I can well imagine they will sell better than some visual non-functional decorations.

To be honest, none of us know how much revenue cosmetics bring in..

Maybe they haven't made more carrier skins because it didn't have a good return on investment?

I'd take the stance that I know that Frontier needs to raise revenues in some way, especially now that they've dropped the price of the base game and the Odyssey DLC.. How to do it? For me this is ok and far from Pay2Win, but I'd hope that they came out with more really excellent skins, scripted mini DLC mission packs, etc. Another big DLC seems far away at the moment as it would take years and cost a lot of money.

Top Bottom