Game Discussions Bethesda Softworks Starfield Space RPG

All a personal choice at the end of the day, I prefer just playing games 🤷‍♂️
I'm somewhere in the middle of both extremes. There are some games I don't touch because their anti-cheat / DRM software is way too invasive (basically installing a rootkit on your computer), but I have no problem using Steam. In fact, older CDs / DVDs of games have given me more problems on modern Windows than Steam ever has. Some of my favorite games are only available on Steam, and I wouldn't let ideological principles keep me from playing them.

That said, I will be a bit miffed if Steam's version of Starfield requires a Microsoft account to play, being an OFFLINE game... Crap like that is what pushes honest people to piracy.. One of the reasons I hope XPlane 12 "gits gud" someday is I'd like an alternative to MSFS (notice the emphasis). I don't even like running Windows, LOL, but at least I've been able to subdue my copy of Windows - no obnoxious updates, no phoning home, just good 'ol Windows "Legacy".

I'm somewhere in the middle of both extremes. There are some games I don't touch because their anti-cheat / DRM software is way too invasive (basically installing a rootkit on your computer), but I have no problem using Steam. In fact, older CDs / DVDs of games have given me more problems on modern Windows than Steam ever has. Some of my favorite games are only available on Steam, and I wouldn't let ideological principles keep me from playing them.

That said, I will be a bit miffed if Steam's version of Starfield requires a Microsoft account to play, being an OFFLINE game... Crap like that is what pushes honest people to piracy.. One of the reasons I hope XPlane 12 "gits gud" someday is I'd like an alternative to MSFS (notice the emphasis). I don't even like running Windows, LOL, but at least I've been able to subdue my copy of Windows - no obnoxious updates, no phoning home, just good 'ol Windows "Legacy".
Saw last Anno on Steam and considered buying as a complete edition. It requires Ubi Account and knowing their always online I didnt buy.

Interesting to note, that both big AAA games this year, Baldurs Gate 3 and Starfield release exactly 1 week from each other.
Is September some sort of special month for game releases?

How about a nice game of Chess? :)

Never been a fan of abstract strategy games.

The guy walking into the rotating rings to become a deity is sooo not No Mans Sky...

MV5BNzJkYTEyMzMtM2M3Zi00ZDExLWEyYWQtZTNmMzgzODEzMzcxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODQyNDU4OTk@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

In the Elite, if you press the 3 key, you can see the joystick to control the ship. But in real life it is much more difficult to control it than kb/m, I mean faoff mode.
I mean if you design your game for gamepads and not for kb/m you may find the kb/m users struggling with the controls. Each method needs care. Simply porting from one to the other doesn't work out well.

I mean if you design your game for gamepads and not for kb/m you may find the kb/m users struggling with the controls. Each method needs care. Simply porting from one to the other doesn't work out well.
Okay. What is the purpose of the development of the Elite if you put your head down in the game (key 3) we see the joystick?

Top Bottom