Game Discussions Bethesda Softworks Starfield Space RPG

The optional MP. How well does it work? All the map? And doable today with more detail around?

Been years since i played it but it worked well.

Its probably doable today, depending a lot though on the engine and stuff.

Not that its needed for GTA5 since there is GTA online anyway, and even unofficial private servers via FiveM.

Been years since i played it but it worked well.

Its probably doable today, depending a lot though on the engine and stuff.

Not that its needed for GTA5 since there is GTA online anyway, and even unofficial private servers via FiveM.

The KSP MP mod was very janky. Space Engineers is janky in MP. Some games just are running like crap in MP. Just adding MP to a games doesnt just work everytime.

Of course. As i said, depends on different factors.

Games can even be janky in MP even if designed to be MP, i think we both know of a good example ;)
Battlefield? They seem to rather regress in player numbers a match.
I think Mole played the War onn Rights musket shooter with some 100 players and that was also kinda janky in streams. I guess every player added to fairly complex games just adds a chance de jank. The best MP games work when very focused in key gameplay concepts - unlike the game you really meant.

The best MP games work when very focused in key gameplay concepts - unlike the game you really meant.
There are way to expand game concepts in a real MP game, by slowing down the action. Works for World of Warships for instance where you have proper ballistics, armor angling, plate thickness vs shell penetration etc. so a surprisingly detailed, real time sim, but you'll notice the action is MUCH slower than say, Battlefield or usual FPS or even Star Citizen.. That way you can circumvent network latency related issues and server performance issues too.
And yeah a MP game has to be designed that way from the ground up. Just from a game design perspective it's a completely different ballpark.

There are way to expand game concepts in a real MP game, by slowing down the action. Works for World of Warships for instance where you have proper ballistics, armor angling, plate thickness vs shell penetration etc. so a surprisingly detailed, real time sim, but you'll notice the action is MUCH slower than say, Battlefield or usual FPS or even Star Citizen.. That way you can circumvent network latency related issues and server performance issues too.
And yeah a MP game has to be designed that way from the ground up. Just from a game design perspective it's a completely different ballpark.
and Arma 3, it's one of the best MP games I know, yes it's clunky, yes there are bugs, but when it works there is nothing you can compare it with IMO.

It's a pain in the rear to organise large sections of player, but the game gives some helping tools to dress the lines and when it works it's pretty fun.
@Mole HD is there cav? I never saw any in footage. Only infantry and cannons.
Cavalry is next up from the devs...they've been pretty good with the updates and bug fixes so far considering they're a small team.

Cavalry is next up from the devs...they've been pretty good with the updates and bug fixes so far considering they're a small team.
I haven't heard much of cavalry charges like Lite Brigade and Ney at the Waterloo in Civil War. Only the guys skirmishing at the start of Gettysburg, delaying the Confeds until the main body arrives. Many repeated playthroughs of SM Gettysburg. There was a time we knew when to expect the big brigades. Cable LAN MP. It allowed to play a side cooperatively vs AI. That was good fun. I found the PvP a bit stressing but I liked cheesing the clock and order all-out charge 5 mins before match end. All the bugles.

Warband had pretty good riding and mounted melee, so they could just take that for the Napoleonic Mod. And the French Lancer was indeed a bit unpopular. Cav was a bit OP. I sucked balls at the line battles but wrecked our guys at the private server - the different timings always put me off. NA servers was real bad but good pop at unholy times.

The StarField star map has been "hacked" and we can now see more of all the planets and their relations to each other.

"hacked" ?
that's an "extrapolation" based on a 6s in-game footage 😂

Anyway, i really hope the lines connecting the stars are not actual travel paths... (not like i have any hopes for any sort of in-space gameplay)

Top Bottom