Community guests at FD HQ on 27th for Q4 news

I'd like to thank all the visitors for their carefully worded posts, and also FD for this initiative. I'm really looking forward to the beta, and I hope 3.3 is as great as the rumors imply (and I also hope this exploration newest change is better than originally offered).

So in short, besides the guys who visited Frontier, we still know as much as last week.
I realy hope the oohs and aahs are justified this time.
The last time some people visited Frontier they were impressed too.

I wish I could have faith in what you guys are telling us from what you saw at Frontier but I'll have to see it for myself, no more hype for me.

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Bit of feedback on the general mood at FD from my perspective..

1) When a certain part of info was about to be displayed on the screen Zac scuttled to the back of the room and recorded the reaction when we saw it, he did this to give feedback to the team.

2) Adam woods told me that after the meeting he was getting a lot of the Devs coming up to him and asking "did they like it?" "what was the reaction?"

3) The ED dev team has a large floor dedicated mostly for them and there are a lot of people working in there.

4) Adam did the presentation and his enthusiasm & knowledge on what we saw was extensive and encouraging.

5) I got a lot of free beer & the sausage & Pickle sandwiches tasted great.

Bigger, longer, wider and deeper

Kanye?

1) When a certain part of info was about to be displayed on the screen Zac scuttled to the back of the room and recorded the reaction when we saw it, he did this to give feedback to the team.

2) Adam woods told me that after the meeting he was getting a lot of the Devs coming up to him and asking "did they like it?" "what was the reaction?"

3) The ED dev team has a large floor dedicated mostly for them and there are a lot of people working in there.

4) Adam did the presentation and his enthusiasm & knowledge on what we saw was extensive and encouraging.

You. Lucky. Person.

Excellent to hear.

Thanks for that!

Really looking forward to this update.

I genuinely feel for the devs, I imagine they have been working incredibly hard on this (and past updates) and some of the comments on the forum make me hope they really don't bother reading them. And as for the comments on social media ...

What I fear is that this elegant solution won't work WITH the new system but INSTEAD of it, as a way for pilots to just skip the new system completely. I hope my fears are unfounded.

Everything I say seems to make your fears worse (really sorry about that) so I'm going to shut up now and wait for you to see for yourself.

Okay, what was the general reaction at the time?

I'll tell you something about Ed, jeez has that boy got a potty mouth off camera! :D

Lol [haha]

Last edited:

Good to hear.

But for future reference: practice your "Deeply Disappointed" face before the next visit. I'm a developer too, and if you give us any praise we get lazy and smug and useless. Use your "Negative Feedback" face to spur those devs into more action. Ideally, if you could bring along young children, and have them start crying when the reveal happens, that'd be swell. You could also have a senior citizen grab his chest and collapse of a broken heart, but IMO that's going too far. This is just a video game.

Back
Top Bottom