Console Update

Your next goal should be set up the save transfers to the PC version for other console players who want to continue their dangerous adventures. It's quite disappointing because you have mo issues with other mutli-platform games like F1 Manager or Jurassic World which clearly took many times and efforts to keep your investors happy. I bet this also means horizon players won't get the Panther Clipper LX or future new ships.

Paul_Crowther

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
So will Console players still have access to Horizons content or will the game servers just be locking them out entirely? Honestly, I don't have a gaming PC-- just my Xbox. I don't really mind playing without Odyssey content, but forcing a shift to PC will just end up forcing me out of the game.
Servers will remain on, you will still be able to play Horizons content.

... in order for us to do this we need to focus on a single codebase.
I work at a software company and this is the way. Once we streamlined our focus, we were able to make incredible leaps with our technology.

Without being provided further details, not even porting to current gen consoles - Xbox Series X/S and Playstation 5 - seems to be a short-sighted decision.
This doesn't bode well for future PC optimization.
Actually, this is a very wise long-term decision and specifically does 'bode well' for future PC optimization. The entire point is to focus on a single code-base (PC).

Oh boy, thats half the player base gone. How is frontier going to fare with only half of the original base, crazy
My understanding is the console base is far less than half of the player base.

Inconceivable!
1646930762800.png

does this mean that we can't play it anymore from when? Or can we still fly around without receiving updates.... nvm, i have an answer already.

Thanks David. I've played 10k+ hours of Elite : Dangerous and I'm still having fun playing it. Hopefully there will be a satisfactory conversion solution for console users to transfer to PC. (y)

So will Console players still have access to Horizons content or will the game servers just be locking them out entirely? Honestly, I don't have a gaming PC-- just my Xbox. I don't really mind playing without Odyssey content, but forcing a shift to PC will just end up forcing me out of the game.

Braben's message said console will continue, but only with critical updates going forward.
Nowhere is it mentioned that the servers will be shut down and Elite-console dead.

Top Bottom