Console Workshop Reuploads!

Can you please implement a way for console players to stop reuploading our builds, coasters etc and passing them off as there own.... I don't spend hours tirelessly in my creations just for someone else to take all the credit. Below is a example of it, that coaster build is mine it's just been renamed and reuploaded

Attachments

• 20210609_024931.jpg
    20210609_024931.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 106
That is what I was afraid would happen. That is why I do not upload my creations to the workshop. I uploaded my first park, but that was it. I have been making custom buildings and don't want people taking credit for them.

That is what I was afraid would happen. That is why I do not upload my creations to the workshop. I uploaded my first park, but that was it. I have been making custom buildings and don't want people taking credit for them.
I've taken all my stuff off the workshop until they resolve it, if they don't fix it then my creations will just stay private

How would this be fixable? I'm afraid you will have to live with this :unsure:

//Edit: when you take your stuff off the Workshop you basically handed them the Credit they seek.

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
I can't think of a way to stop it except maybe reporting the user, but it would need manual moderation. I doubt there is a way to tell programmatically given the way the game allows you to use and modify each others creations. It's the point of the workshop. Obviously taking credit isn't nice and it's disrespectful, but I'm not sure I can see a way for a 'fix'. Also when you do upload, your creation belongs to frontier. So there's no legal grounding on it.

Can you please implement a way for console players to stop reuploading our builds, coasters etc and passing them off as there own.... I don't spend hours tirelessly in my creations just for someone else to take all the credit. Below is a example of it, that coaster build is mine it's just been renamed and reuploaded
I doubt it is limited to just consoles. I assume that PC players could do it as well.
By placing it on the workshop, you are allowing other people to make use of your work. If they then subsequently (re)upload themselves, I am not sure what you want to happen.

This is how watermarking works. You put a big 'JPGamingUK1' sticker somewhere on the creation that they cannot remove, or you accept that by sharing the creation other people can copy.

As an aside - what denotes that the creation is yours?
is it the look & feel? the number of twists in the rollercoaster? the height? the number of seats? etc. - it's a very hard algorithm for a computer to run.

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
It is a problem in the steam workshop too. Without locking down uploaded creations so they couldn't be modified at all when placing in parks.. (which would defeat the point of the workshop) it can only really be dealt with by policing in the community.

Top Bottom