Could Frontier please demonstrate how to use the FSS enjoyably?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
The point of the statement, and the post, was to point out to a different poster that FD's silence or otherwise on any given subject is no indication at all as to whether something or nothing will happen regarding the subject.
Given that FD very much has not been silent on the topic of the FSS, I am not sure how that is relevant either.

Given that FD very much has not been silent on the topic of the FSS, I am not sure how that is relevant either.
I'm not aware of any comment since the initial announcement and livestream. I think you're stretching the meaning of 'very much' there Ian.

Happy to be corrected if you can point me at any relevant FDev comment after the end of the beta.

Nobody every claimed honking was gameplay. However, it opened up the gameplay of flying your ship around a system to explore it.
And to me FSS is neither enjoyable nor appropriate gameplay for ED - FD missed the mark by a wide margin. That being said, it is here and arguably should be only improved and not removed. FD should also undo their error in judgement with regards to removing the gameplay facilitated by the old ADS mechanic, arguably they broke their own rule book regarding game changes by removing the gameplay options.

And to me FSS is neither enjoyable nor appropriate gameplay for ED - FD missed the mark by a wide margin. That being said, it is here and arguably should be only improved and not removed. FD should also undo their error in judgement with regards to removing the gameplay facilitated by the old ADS mechanic, arguably they broke their own rule book regarding game changes by removing the gameplay options.
The FSS supporters want suggestions for improvements to the FSS, not requests that the ADS is brought back, so, in a spirit of cooperation I propose the following improvement to the FSS.

An optional 'FSS Booster' module that extends the capabilities of the FSS - the same principle as the FSD Booster - by adding automatic mapping functionality to the initial honk. This would populate the System Map with images of system bodies and show selectable 'Unexplored' items in the Nav Panel.

So the evil ADS doesn't come back and the FSS gets even better!

The FSS supporters want suggestions for improvements to the FSS, not requests that the ADS is brought back, so, in a spirit of cooperation I propose the following improvement to the FSS.

An optional 'FSS Booster' module that extends the capabilities of the FSS - the same principle as the FSD Booster - by adding automatic mapping functionality to the initial honk. This would populate the System Map with images of system bodies and show selectable 'Unexplored' items in the Nav Panel.

Aha, and now FD can claim the FSS is more realistic as well!

I have suggested something very similar, in another thread. I don't believe I have been the first either. ;)
Yes...

But with Drew's excellent and original suggestion, everybody's going to love it!! :LOL:
Not that original in principle, but the packaging is a little different though. :)

As for everyone loving it? Not quite, but IMO it would be a start wrt fixing the total pigs ear FD made of exploration with 3.3.

So, basically, everyone agrees that the fss is not good.
Cool.
That's a bit of an oversimplification. We don't agree it is bad, it is much, much better than ADS.

We probably all do agree anything can be made better. FSS included. Drew's "suggestion" is a.bad one though as it brings ADS back.

I would support any suggestion that would somewhat speed up the exploration process by applying skill.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom