Credits are too easy now.

I used to be like ‘back in my day, we had to haul poop 400ly for a a few weeks to afford an Anaconda!’ Or something along those lines. Don’t get me started on all the mining I did just to buy a basic ship— this was when the payouts were still pathetic.

But after a few years of play?

Having billions of effortless credits on hand means there’s less grinding I have to do to have fun. I can throw together a new ship without thinking about it

Who cares if a noob buys an Anaconda, you know? It’s not like credits buy skills.

I used to be like ‘back in my day, we had to haul poop 400ly for a a few weeks to afford an Anaconda!’ Or something along those lines. Don’t get me started on all the mining I did just to buy a basic ship— this was when the payouts were still pathetic.

But after a few years of play?

Having billions of effortless credits on hand means there’s less grinding I have to do to have fun. I can throw together a new ship without thinking about it

Who cares if a noob buys an Anaconda, you know? It’s not like credits buy skills.
Agree.

Currently, I'm playing in my 3rd account, from scratch, and even though I know how I could work my way quickly to riches and ranks, it's not going to happen in this one. Why? Because now I'm starting to play according to the "character". Who he is and what he's supposed to do. Role play, essentially, so I'm picking the missions accordingly and take my time. It's just fun to fly in space. :)

Well that was from absolute rookie to corvette. No exploits and no meta earning methods.
That's how I play. My achievements may seem trivial to another player with a different playstyle but they carry significance to me because I know what it took to get them.

I've visited beagle point, lots of people have done this. But I did it in a 19ly jump range ship without any route plotting assistance. It took 7 months to get there, it took 3 months to travel the last few thousand Ly.

Last edited:
That's how I play. My achievements may seem trivial to another player with a different playstyle but they carry significance to me because I know what it took to get them.

I've visited beagle point, lots of people have done this. But I did it in a 19ly jump range ship without any route plotting assistance. It took 7 months to get there, it took 3 months to travel the last few thousand Ly.
Nice.

It's not what the game can do, but what you can do with the game. Credits easy or hard, it's you who make the game fun... or not.

The dynamic economy model was introduced in Alpha 4, IIRC. It was effectively dummied out in Alpha 5, after some players complained about having to haul biowaste to produce tea.

When changes are made I always get the distinct feeling that Frontier listened to exactly the wrong people.

Honestly it took me almost 400 hours to get the corvette, that’s a lot of time lol

The Viper III was my CMDR's best ship for a lot longer than that.

Easy to make money and keep it if you avoid PvP. See how long that billion lasts after ship transfers, fines, and rebuys.

Every time I check my CMDR's balance, it's bigger than it was before, and I haven't had him go out of his way to make credits since early 3302. Of course, he's pretty stingy with credits too.

Every time I check my CMDR's balance, it's bigger than it was before, and I haven't had him go out of his way to make credits since early 3302. Of course, he's pretty stingy with credits too.

So? The point is that the only players who complain about having too much money are risk-averse PvEers.

Nice.

It's not what the game can do, but what you can do with the game. Credits easy or hard, it's you who make the game fun... or not.

Yes. But there is nothing wrong with another player being proud to reach Beagle point in an 80ly Conda in a couple of days, it is a different way to play (and I have done this too, it was disappointingly easy with the 20,000ly route plotter to simply straight-line across the Abyss when I had diverted 15,000ly on my original trip).

I am no longer motivated by the accumulation of wealth or assets, it is so easy now even when flying sub-optimally. I play for the BGS influence alone now, exploration data, cargo, combat bonds, bounties, they are all just transactions for me, and I no longer look at the Credit values.

But it allows newer players to catch up to existing ones and get a taste for a wider variety of ships & playstyles, so I don't mind the downside of power creep because I think the upside is worth the sacrifice.

Last edited:
So? The point is that the only players who complain about having too much money are risk-averse PvEers.

Hmm. The OP does not fit this description, nor does Morbad. And while I do I am not complaining. I think you have a bit of confirmation bias going on there.

Things are much better now. I remember when the game first came out thinking they probably shut the server down long before I could ever get the credits to buy the Anaconda. Instead of grinding for credits, you can have fun and enjoy the game now.

Even if that very first mission one gets when first start that pays a whopping $10,000 cr's were a billion cr's. Still wouldn't help after spending it all on an A graded Corvette if and when they got interdicted the first time.

Top Bottom