Ships Diamondback Explorer Owners Club

i was wondering whether it could be fun to make an "Annual meeting of the DBE Owners Club".

for exampel in the Lagoon Sector DB-X c1-0 (~4500 ly from sol), or, if here are many non-explorers, in a proc gen db-x system closer to sol like Col 282 Sector DB-X d16-1?

Yeah, that would be cool. A DBE Rally of sorts!

LOL, I might be late for that...it took me five months to make it to Colonia, so I'm in no hurry to get back to the old bubble. I'll probably just stay here, exploring out away from Colonia and see how long it takes for the new bubble to grow. Besides, I'm not keen on dealing with the Thargoids that are about to be plaguing the old bubble. Y'all have fun with that.

Oh diamondback [heart] my exploration ship that I love .
I call mine wild chevrette (wild baby goat if u prefer xD)
someone know who's the jump range of a explorer with full enginereed FSD module (does the range increase with enginereed ??)

I've just bought a DBX for some exploring, skipped it before as i have an ASPX

I'v engineered it and currently it has Grade 2 CDT and a Grade 5 FSD upgrade with Felicity Farseer. Current max jump is 52.14 LY, but i know others have gotten more

Everything is D rated apart from FSD and a 4A Fuel Scoop. I also have 2 small pulse lasers and a small cargo rack - if i removed those i could get more range

Love the ship, annoyed i waited so long to buy one

I've been in love with the Diamondback Explorer since the first concepts came out (Waiting for Lakon to bring to market a more combat focused ship, I know it'll never happen but I can dream)
Just started out on a heading towards the Bubble Nebula with it, coasting along the far arms of the galaxy for a month or so and exploring the wonders out there. Dubbed her "Fleeting Winter" cause she runs soo cold! Hopefully I bump into some of you other CMDRs out there!

I've been in love with the Diamondback Explorer since the first concepts came out (Waiting for Lakon to bring to market a more combat focused ship, I know it'll never happen but I can dream)
Just started out on a heading towards the Bubble Nebula with it, coasting along the far arms of the galaxy for a month or so and exploring the wonders out there. Dubbed her "Fleeting Winter" cause she runs soo cold! Hopefully I bump into some of you other CMDRs out there!

Don't rule out the DBE for combat mate. Once you get how it works in combat you'll murder all the things!

Don't rule out the DBE for combat mate. Once you get how it works in combat you'll murder all the things!

By no means am I ruling it out of combat! I used the DBX for combat far before fitting it for a journey into the black however, I do feel as though it's not my cup of tea as far as combat goes preferring the FAS over most other ships at the time and in that credit range.

Well I'm glad I got this ship.

It's really helped me get into exploring a bit more. I mostly got it because with my decent engineered 5a fsd which I took from my python so I'm getting great about 55ly out of it max. The only reason I'm doing this at all to start with is to get the 5k thing for damned Palin. My thinking is to sell the data to sirius corp when I get back to get some rep with them kinda cutting 2 heads with one action.

Anyway. I really like this ship I'll definitely keep her and use her round the bubble. It's sparked some interest in exploring too as with the decent fsd range I feel like I'm getting "out there" a bit. I've already found several earth likes and ammonia world's and first discovered to boot so that should be worth a bit right?

Also many thanks to the dbx fans here your outfitting has helped.

Is there a Diamondback PVE squadron around that anyone knows about flying both ships (DBX and DBS) on Mobius or private, and if not would anyone be inclined to join one ?

In an ideal world it would be cool to:

- Fly the DBX/DBS in following missions (for any faction):

Bounty Hunting
RESing
Community Goals Combat
Controlled PVP among members
Co-op mission completion in space and in SRV.

with a minimum of 4 and a max of 12 Members (1 Wing to max 3 Wings)

Divided either into 3 wings of 4 ships
or
4 wings of 3 ships.

Recommended (but not required):

- VR headset (either Rift or Vive) or TrackIR
- DBX or DBS Vibrant/Tactical paintjob
- Be willing to learn to fly FA off
- Commit a couple of hours each week
- Fly as a TEAM, be Team Lead and follow lead in a rotation system.
- GMT timezone/ CET timezone.

-Absolute Requirement:
- Chill, mature audience and/or demeanor. Not looking for drill sergeants/COC military types/kiddies. People who can give and take orders depending on their postion in the flight at that moment: like attack this Anaconda... concentrate fire on that subsystem etc...

What should you get out of it:

a) FUN
b) Learn to fly as a team exploiting the pros of the Diamondbacks in FA-off mode.

Interested or inclined to try out? PM me and we can join either private or on Mobius PVE.

Last edited:
Need versatile bubble build

Hi guys, I'm really new ED player. I have maybe up to 20 hours of game play. . Grinded a bit with imperial slaves using type 6. Than After surfing the forums decided to give a chance to Ancient Ruins mission and bought myself DBX. Made myself 44M credits + 8M that my DBX is worth.

Now I want to build myself all-round ship for missions inside the bubble: bounty hunting, transporting few units (if deal is good), exploring planets, maybe even piracy, etc.

So I decided, that with the money I have (max 54M) DBX would be very versatile. Can you guys help me to build good inside bubble DBX build so I could just swap my "roles" as I wish?

How about this one: https://eddp.co/u/pQTK7uLY

Thanks for your help!

Has the Diamondback Explorer recently been buffed in jump range?
I recalled my engineered DBX had a range of about 42ly on a full tank, but last night it was 49ly.
Or is my memory failing from space madness? I haven't been in dock for three months.

Top Bottom