Dove Enigma UA bombed, preventing completion of its voyage in time for the man it was named for.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Yes, we all were foolish to think that, surely, trying to sweeten the last few ED days of a very ill man would be met by everyone's empathy.
Because, what is or isn't allowed in a computer game clearly is so much more important.
And i am not even sure how sarcastic or serious i meant that.
No, there is no requirement to be a nice person in Elite, it's not forbidden either though btw.
What you fail to grasp is that it never was about Elite, it was about a man.

This.
At the end of the day, certain people keep pointing at the rules and lack of specific mention of their misbehavior. All while trampling on a cancer patient. "It's not really affecting anyone", oh come on. You wouldn't do it if it didn't.

Let me make one thing clear: People who sabotage charity events are despicable. You make me sick, and your groveling sidesteps and misdirections only add to the insult.

Now go on, report me for harassment. It would not be the first time.

On a more positive note, this time FD may actually take this more serious and issue bans for using exploits. Because of course those people can't help but cheat. I hope FD closes your accounts, permanently.

But i am not holding my breath. I'd be positively surprised, is all i'm saying.

Everyone needs to check GalNet for the latest update!

Website shows no new article yet.

Got a link?

I have a screenshot

DU3ye-xX0AAN7vt.jpg:large

Who's more toxic? Those UA bombing a megaship that is subject to the same game rules as every other megaship/station/outpost.. or those screaming for bans, special treatment or even witch-hunts/doxxing? It's pretty clear to me.

Maybe if this whole thing was to honour someone with a terminal condition, Fdev should have just used one of the non-landable megaship assets and would therefore not be subject to potential player-interference.

The ones UA bombing the ship are the more toxic obviously.

What's more important a desire to mine salt or the happiness of a terminally ill player, if there is any question in your mind between those two you are either developmentally disabled or trolling.

Now some naughty things have been said about the UA bombers, this is perfectly normal. This is how people normally react this type of behavior.

I have 256t at 15kly away. We've already fixed this and a further 10kt at least of meta-alloys are on the way. A large number of people are making the trip. The station was never even closed.

Yes, the guy who did this isn't exactly a shining paragon of virtue. But if it weren't for the possibility of an exploit being used, this is hardly against the rules. UA bombing is annoying but fixable. So it's not that bad and I would like to see it stay in. As long as I have faith in the community to fix stuff like this when it counts.

Some people are just so desperate to be noticed that they have to resort to this kind of behaviour. They are of course nothing but scum who no doubt have very little prospects in life other than being known as a pathetic person. How sad it must be so lonely that this is the only way you can get others to engage with you...

If those responsible happen to read this - Please crawl into a corner and stay there, you are not wanted by this community nor, I suspect, anyone else. Should you still be reading why not go and tell your parents what you did? Even if you are a mature person... Go on, I dare you to prove to them what a great person they raised.

On a lighter note, well done to the community for stepping in and also to Frontier for taking steps on this matter.

The ones UA bombing the ship are the more toxic obviously.

Try Morally Bankrupt!

This thread has definitely enlightened me to how far some people's sense of morality has fallen.

What happened here goes beyond game mechanics. It goes beyond the game.

There are some aspects of humanity that are sacred and should be universally respected by everyone, regardless of anything else.

That line was crossed by those who chose to interfere with a selfless act of kindness on the part of the "real" ED community. The sociopaths responsible have earned the disdain that all with an ounce of morality will aim like a laser beam in their direction.

All those who have defended or attempted to downplay these actions are equally guilty of possessing a defective moral compass. All the rest of us can do is pity them for their utter cluelessness over something that is so obviously amoral as to be beyond defending in any capacity whatsoever.

In the end, KARMA will hopefully come into play and deal with everyone who was so blatantly on the wrong side of history regarding this unfortunate chapter in the Elite Community's history.

P.S. I still think all of those who took part in the UA Bombing should be permanently banned from the game. You don't let excriment sit in the middle of your living room. It needs to be flushed or taken to the garbage dump.

Last edited:
In my experience, online "trolls" do what they do because it gives them a sense of empowerment that they don't have offline.

Oftentimes, they are themselves victims of abuse for whom trolling offers an emotional outlet. As the saying goes, misery loves company, and happy, well-adjusted people don't tend to be trolls.

What trolls ultimately seek is control over the behavior of others, and they enjoy nothing more than watching people dance to their antics like puppets on strings. The stronger the response, the greater the feeling of control.

Reactions give them relevance and constitute the payoff for their efforts. Hence the inadvisability of rewarding them with histrionics.

Which, of course, is the last thing anyone wants to hear when they're in the middle of a righteous crusade, so they tend to reject such advice and sink ever deeper into a self-feeding spiral of indignation, insularity and denial.

That, in turn, reinforces the power of trolling, and thus the symbiotic circle becomes complete.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

All completely true, which is why FDevs response is the wrong one; by tolerating events and thanking the communityfor fixing the situation they have given credence to the griefers.

Rather, they should have interceded and blocked any state changes, sending a clear signal that such behaviour is disgusting, unwanted, and will not be allowed.

In the end, KARMA will hopefully come into play and deal with everyone who was so blatantly on the wrong side of history regarding this unfortunate chapter in the Elite Community's history.

This is a GREAT chapter in elites history. Hundreds of people stopped what they were doing, rallied together, and completed a goal. This stuff should happen far more often

Speaking only for myself, I would be honored that the actual game mechanics exist on a ship dedicated to me, and that the community on both sides of the isle focused their efforts on it. If everyone ignored it except the few who treated it like a funeral procession instead of a voyage that could be interrupted by the "dangerous" aspect of the game, then it wouldn't hold as much value to me.

That said, good on FD for doing it to begin with, good on the commanders who saved it as well. Anyone who knows anything about this game who didn't expect this to happen should never play the stock market. This was totally predictable.

What form of karma would you like to see?

Awesome. I knew everyone would fix it. I had to stop at Amundsen Terminal for the night because I was in danger of falling asleep behind the stick and wasting a Fuel Rat's time. I think I'll turn around and take my cargo to one of these other stations in danger of shutting down.

High fives to everyone who got in their cockpit and did the right thing. As for everyone who decided to belabor over what the right thing was instead, here's this:

[video=youtube;9Jz1TjCphXE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jz1TjCphXE[/video]

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom