ED and the Oculus Rift DK1 Discussion Thread

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Kerrash tried the 3D ability in his stream last night (so lots of us got our 3D glasses). He said it should be red & blue. While parts of the game were red & blue, the asteroids for example, parts were red & green, the HUD for example.

He parked in front of a large asteroid, with my red & blue glasses on, the asteroid looked 3D to me, but the HUD was a mess. The red was further right than the green, and didn't look in line. So Kerrash tried the separation slider, and as far as I could see, nothing changed.

Maybe others had better experience with the 3D than I did.

Hi Twix,

Thanks for the info.

Not sure what's happening on mine, the configuration util that comes with the Rift works flawlessly as does any 3d demo I've tried. ETS2 also works fine.

My OR in ED just refuses to work correctly.

Cheers,

daemon.

That is odd. I wonder if there is something different on your setup from mine.

Maybe it helps if I gave you a bit more detail on my setup:
1. I don't use a USB hub for any of my devices. All are plugged in directly to the MoBo.
2. I have:
- 1x logitech G500 mouse
- 1x logitech wireless keyboard (not sure exactly which model)
- 1x Oculus Rift
- Windows 8.1
3. I have not actually got the Oculus SDK installed (I did calibrate the OR on a different machine.))
4. I fully uninstalled Alpha 1 and then installed Alpha 1.1

The rest of my config is in my sig.

I wonder if you have another HID device that interferes somehow?

Hope you can get it to work. Good luck!

test

My employer gave me an Amazing Christmas gift. I tried to share a pic but Google+ hates image link sharing for some reason. Anyway, THIS is what my employer gave me for Christmas!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Building now and transferring files and all that jazz...This system should be able to handle the game and the 3D modes, I hope!!! :DI can't wait to get this mid-range beast up and running and then wait patiently for the beta!!!:D

Last edited:
I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that you've never actually used a Track IR because that's a standard response from someone who's never given it a try. ;)

Any Track IR videos yet?
I suspect he means that you turn your head/face slightly away from your monitor while keeping your eyes on the screen. I have a TrackIR 4 by the way, before you ask. ;)

My employer gave me an Amazing Christmas gift. I tried to share a pic but Google+ hates image link sharing for some reason. Anyway, THIS is what my employer gave me for Christmas!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Building now and transferring files and all that jazz...This system should be able to handle the game and the 3D modes, I hope!!! :DI can't wait to get this mid-range beast up and running and then wait patiently for the beta!!!:D
Wow, so lucky to have such a nice employer, that's practically a PC right there.
I'm looking for employment ... hint hint :D ... you could, you know ... put in a good word for me :D

Well, go figure! I got the PC built and installed, loaded the Alpha and BOOM!, won't run because XINPUT1_3.dll is missing. Well, something else to fix at least gives me something to do for a bit :rolleyes: I still don't have access to the Alpha forums, but I read that there is a thread about this there--- anyone know what the fix is?:(

Yaffle

Volunteer Moderator
Well, go figure! I got the PC built and installed, loaded the Alpha and BOOM!, won't run because XINPUT1_3.dll is missing. Well, something else to fix at least gives me something to do for a bit :rolleyes: I still don't have access to the Alpha forums, but I read that there is a thread about this there--- anyone know what the fix is?:(

Which OS? I too am not part of the alpha, but that looks like a missing DirectX
library, so you'll need to install it.

You could do worse than start here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/179113 or http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=8109 which at least being MicroSoft is unlikely to be some trojan infected random .dll download.

WCY

Last edited:

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator

Congrats on the new PC guts from your employer - a very well targetted present indeed.

The fix for the missing DLL seems to be to go here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows7/products/features/directx-11

and download and install the latest version.

Last edited:
My employer gave me an Amazing Christmas gift. Building now and transferring files and all that jazz...This system should be able to handle the game and the 3D modes, I hope!!! :DI can't wait to get this mid-range beast up and running and then wait patiently for the beta!!!:D

Lovely! I would say that is mid-to-high range myself (I have the GTX760 as well, bought especially for this game).

Would love to know how you get on with the 3D TV as that is how I intend to play the game.

The 3DTV works great! I'm using a GTX 760 over HDMI to an older Sony Bravia KDL54 model... Looks great at 1080P, SBS 3D. I am really happy with the setup. Still trying to figure out how others get the frame rate displayed in the Alpha, though:cool:

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
In Alpha 1.0, CTRL-F toggled the FPS display but it changed so rapidly it was difficult to read. There was apparently also an issue whereby Fraps gave different results.

The toggle does not work in Alpha 1.1.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom