ED Astrometrics: Maps and Visualizations

Dumb question. All heat maps I see have a big triangle in the middle around the core. I know one point is the bubble, and one is Colonia, but what's the third? It seems to be on the "other" side of the core, Galactic East if you will.

Ninja - It's Sag*A, isn't it?

Just coming back to ED after some months away (because, life) and this has to be one of the most awesome threads ever. Fantastic stuff!

I'm out beyond the Formidine Rift and was hankering to get back to civilization but thanks to your maps, I've just realised I'm actually in one of the lesser-explored regions. I've a feeling I might be out here a while longer [yesnod].

Also amazing to see just how little has yet been explored. A mindboggle!

I just noticed in the video that there is a hot spot S.W. of the core. Does anyone know what that is? It's on the straight line between Sag A* and Colonia.

Hi Orvidius, don't know if you can help - I lost a bunch of log files when my PC died, and we are trying to do a video of some of the commanders in the DECE expedition. I have an export from EDDiscovery, but obviously the format is very different!
Can I ask what features in the log file you are looking for to parse the jumps? I may be able to edit the file to make it look similar enough to fool the software ;)

Any info appreciated

Taz

If all you have is your EDD database, EDJP can import that and make a video from only it. (I've lost my early logs too.)
However, that's not Orvidius' video maker, and so it would look slightly different - which probably wouldn't look good for an expedition video.

If all you have is your EDD database, EDJP can import that and make a video from only it. (I've lost my early logs too.)
However, that's not Orvidius' video maker, and so it would look slightly different - which probably wouldn't look good for an expedition video.

Thanks, Marx. Will have a go, but the plan is to put all the commanders in one video (well, as many as possible I suppose!)

Hi Orvidius, don't know if you can help - I lost a bunch of log files when my PC died, and we are trying to do a video of some of the commanders in the DECE expedition. I have an export from EDDiscovery, but obviously the format is very different!

If you have your EDD database go to a journal view, filter it to FSD Jumps, Location and Game Start events - export as raw journals and you can load it to Orvidius' tool.

Top Bottom