ED without gankers is..

Sure, and EDR is helpful in that regard, too. But it still requires acceptance of a notoriety point when you hunt the gankers who're not only hiding behind a "clean" status, but flying with report crimes on. :eye_roll:

That's garbage ganking right there. If you're a baddie, there's no reason to ever turn crimes on, except maybe for exceptionally validated grief (e.g. a combat-logger starts shooting you and you just want to annoy them, since there's no point to fight). Even many lawful PvP pilots run with it off, because it's just dumb if you're trying to PvP.

whatever happened to DG2?
Did anyone take anyone out at beagle point? Where are the updates, the spreadsheets, the crowing etc. etc.

*EDIT just seen a thread about this. seems like it may have happened/ be happening

Last edited:
Could also have something to do with losing one's module priority settings every other instance transition.
This right here is the reason why I refuse to do any PvP right now. I pulled a guy in a krait in my orca the other night and as soon I deployed my hardpoints my life support kicked in, my thrusters and shields shut down and I started drifting off into space.

This is the most game breaking bug I've ever experienced in this game and I'm not doing any PvP until it's fixed.

This right here is the reason why I refuse to do any PvP right now. I pulled a guy in a krait in my orca the other night and as soon I deployed my hardpoints my life support kicked in, my thrusters and shields shut down and I started drifting off into space.

This is the most game breaking bug I've ever experienced in this game and I'm not doing any PvP until it's fixed.
I'm beginning to think the stealth nerfs are part of a new C&P that are working 😁

There is no passive meaningful interaction. I've actually stopped saying 'o7' and started enthusiastically saying 'Heya!' or 'Hi, everyone!!' just so I'll get a response, even if it's 'what the heck'

I hate o7, and I ignore anybody who sends me an o7 in game. If somebody says “Hi” or “Hello” then they get a reciprocal reply. But if it’s o7, nope! :ROFLMAO:

I also check everyone's avatar when I enter a system. While there are obviously exceptions, gankers tend to chose a certain "look" that gives them away.
I dont see as many evil clown faces as I used to. They toned it down a bit.

There is no passive meaningful interaction. I've actually stopped saying 'o7' and started enthusiastically saying 'Heya!' or 'Hi, everyone!!' just so I'll get a response, even if it's 'what the heck'

I go much further, posting detailed warning about how I'll destroy their ships if they don't comply & various other Zarek propaganda to docked ships, etc.

When ganking I always send at least one and usually three comms before I attack. And just in case there is a language barrier I always make the final comms very very simple such as "HALT OR I FIRE" or even just "STOP".

Maybe 1/10 pilots reply. Even after I've beat them up to low hull and stop firing to try comms one last time.

I really wonder why some people bother playing in Open at all. I realize I'm not everyone's favorite interaction, but if you're going to just act as if comms don't exist why not just play solo? Maybe some new players don't realize comms are a thing but I find it's pretty common even outside noob areas.

Last edited:
I go much further, posting detailed warning about how I'll destroy their ships if they don't comply & various other Zarek propaganda to docked ships, etc.

When ganking I always send at least one and usually three comms before I attack. And just in case there is a language barrier I always make the final comms very very simple such as "HALT OR I FIRE" or even just "STOP".

Maybe 1/10 pilots reply. Even after I've beat them up to low hull and stop firing to try comms one last time.

I really wonder why some people bother playing at all. I realize I'm not everyone's favorite interaction, but if you're going to just act as if comms don't exist why not just play solo? Maybe some new players don't realize comms are a thing but I find it's pretty common even outside noob areas.
Gweeefer :p

Top Bottom