Release EDEngineer - an overlay to track your blueprint progress in realtime

Interesting

I don't see the Proto Radiolics either - what blueprint is using these in your build?

Collector Limpets & Prospector Limpets which I have 5x and 1x respectively. They are also using conductive ceramics which are also missing. I don't think when the blueprint is being imported it is taking into account multiples maybe?

Last edited:
A collector limpet requires 1 each of conductive ceramics, proto light alloys and proto radiolic alloys per roll at G5 (plus the latter for G4 rolls) which will need 9 or 10 rolls to complete per controller, x6 for all collector and prospector controllers.

Inara says I can roll 21 times at G5 hence the shortfall on Inara for 5 controllers and a Prospector that isnt been indicated by my Coriolis import to EdEngineer for some reason.

hello, I have a big problem with this application I install it and when I launch it nothing happens, it looks for updates 2 sec then nothing. it’s not even in the task manager,
I have searched the net but I have not been able to find a solution that works for me. (smartscreen disabled ...) please help me, ED without this application it is not possible.

c'est bon enfin mon problème a était résolu, pour ceux qui sont bloquer comme moi je vous dis comment j'ai fait:

j'ai désinstaller ED ingénieurs avec le logiciel Revo Uninstaller avec un scanne avancé pour être sûr.

j'ai mis a jours tout les pilotes ou presque d'abord avec Driver Booster 7 après avoir fini puis avec Driver Easy pour les pilotes rical citron.

j'ai installer ED engineer j'ai essayer sans succès ...

peut de temps après l'ordinateur me demande de déclencher pour se mettre un jour et après cela j'ai lancé ED ingénieurs miracle sa marche.

Edit: Never mind, I keep finding issues then fixing them.

Really loving this API so far, thanks.

Last edited:
I came back to Elite recently after a couple years hiatus and found out about the Engineers. While the concept is fun, I found it very painful to keep track of my progress for specific blueprints I wanted. I tried several techniques ; popular websites, excel sheet, you name it. But I got fed up and decided to come up with my own solution, and thought I'd share!
--------------
PS: while I do hangout on these forums, the best way to reach is to post issues/feature requests on GitHub. Keep in mind I want to keep the application simple and compact without too much noise --------

Howdy @CMDR HG (and supporters\assistant developers of this wonderfull app)

I hate a 6+ month neckro post like anyone else, but really hoping this is revamped for Odyssey.
Also trying to find ways to contribute data to the Odyssey updates in Github, I still MUCH prefer your overlay over Inara page or other options.

I'm just gonna chime in and say that I also do miss this tool greatly. Vastly superior way to keep your engineering organized, compared to other means.

Hey, this is looking pretty good. Nice work!

I have an issue to tell you about though. I think it's a bug in the game (there is an Issue Tracker item for it last I looked). It will affect ED Engineer in some way, I'm sure. Inara is also affected, but they are handling it more like the game does.

Anyway, here's the deal. Some items, like Health Monitor, show up in your inventory as 2 separate items. It appears to be differentiating between items you've picked up, and items that you've received as mission rewards.

Here's my in-game inventory, and you can see I have 2 sets of Health Monitors. 28 I have scavenged, and 8 I have received as mission rewards, for a total of 36.

Screenshot_1355.jpg

The ED Engineer from today shows 8 total, and skips the other 28. Inara shows 36, all on one line. In game, if I go to the Pioneer station to do an upgrade, it also shows 36 total.

The items that I've identified as having this problem so far are:

Health Monitor
Evacuation Protocols
Ionized Gas
Operational Manual
Production Schedule
Reactor Output Review
Topographical Surveys

There may be more, and probably are. It might be that all mission rewards are duplicates in some way, I don't know.

I thought you should be aware of the problem before it causes havoc and confusion :)

Hey, this is looking pretty good. Nice work!

I have an issue to tell you about though. I think it's a bug in the game (there is an Issue Tracker item for it last I looked). It will affect ED Engineer in some way, I'm sure. Inara is also affected, but they are handling it more like the game does.

Anyway, here's the deal. Some items, like Health Monitor, show up in your inventory as 2 separate items. It appears to be differentiating between items you've picked up, and items that you've received as mission rewards.

Here's my in-game inventory, and you can see I have 2 sets of Health Monitors. 28 I have scavenged, and 8 I have received as mission rewards, for a total of 36.

View attachment 236894

The ED Engineer from today shows 8 total, and skips the other 28. Inara shows 36, all on one line. In game, if I go to the Pioneer station to do an upgrade, it also shows 36 total.

The items that I've identified as having this problem so far are:

Health Monitor
Evacuation Protocols
Ionized Gas
Operational Manual
Production Schedule
Reactor Output Review
Topographical Surveys

There may be more, and probably are. It might be that all mission rewards are duplicates in some way, I don't know.

I thought you should be aware of the problem before it causes havoc and confusion :)
Could you possibly post the "ShipLockerMaterials" event from your journal in the Issuetracker on GitHUB. Would be good to see what it looks like.

Last edited:
This looks really useful, so I ran the setup.exe but am just stuck at the splash screen with the loading thing swirling.

Just wanna say 'Thank you' to all the people who are helping with keeping this great tool going! Much appechiated!

Anybody else having an issue with downloading the installer from Github? I just got a new PC and have tried every "Installer here" link on the EDEngineer page and all I get is a blank page except for the word "Forbidden" in the top left corner. No trouble downloading EDMC, EDR or EDDiscovery.

Hi all. It seems my EDEngineer has stopped updating correctly the materials for my CMDR. Is there a way to get it back in sync? I've logged out/in, and reloaded EDE. I've now uninstalled and redownloaded/einstalled EDEngineer and it isn't even seeing my CMDR when it loads. All values are zeroed. The target directory is correct.

Last edited:
Top Bottom