Release EDRefCard - makes a printable reference card of your controller bindings

Hi, everyone! Where I can find my custom .binds file? I use X56 HOTAS but remap some buttons. In D:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\common\Elite Dangerous\Products\FORC-FDEV-DO-38-IN-40\ControlSchemes I see default scheme only.

I think this is what you are looking for, Throttle VPC MongoosT-50CM3

Found these layout on the reddit forum.

Attachments

• 9tyh9rdthke71.png
    9tyh9rdthke71.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 218
  • VIRPIL-CM3throttlebuttonconfig.thumb.jpg.a5780c84c7127c071bcfc69fa437fca6.jpg
    VIRPIL-CM3throttlebuttonconfig.thumb.jpg.a5780c84c7127c071bcfc69fa437fca6.jpg
    712.7 KB · Views: 183
  • VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle (color).png
    VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle (color).png
    1.5 MB · Views: 190
Hi VerticalBlank,

Not sure if this info is helping, but is all I can do.

VPC Constellation Alpha joystick
PID changes, VID seems steady 3344 what i read on the virpil forum
Settings:
Firmware (very old) Firmware vpc-joy-20220720 (latest)
VID 03EB VID 3344
PID 2048 PID 412F
refcardinfo "pveosa" refcardinfo "mauazw"
:coffee:

Throttle VPC MongoosT-50CM3

The VID/PID from the throttle changes when switching profile

Firmware vpc-joy-20220720
(5-Way Mode Modifier)
VID 3344
PID 8197

Throttle VPC MongoosT-50CM3
(No Mode Modifier)
VID 3344
PID 8198

ED does not recognize all the buttons/ switches, there are to many of them
Using Vjoy & Gremlin should be the solution for me.

AmroBank

Attachments

• Throttle.png
    Throttle.png
    289 KB · Views: 96
Yes, ED uses legacy DirectX API which is limited to 32 buttons and 8 axes per device. This is a known issue that is currently the 6th top voted unsolved issue, but the last time FDev published their assessment of the top voted issues, they did not have any concrete plans as to when it might be fixed. :(
Unfortunately doing so will prevent EDRefCard from working, unless someone adds support for vjoy/gremlin (which does not seem likely, given EDRefCard’s state of development).

@VerticalBlank I am moving to this thread as you requested. so my right Virpil alpha stick is showing up. I did change the vid/pid codes. But some of the button on the stick do not match up on the edrefcard (wznaff) the eng/sys/rst is suppose to be right top hat not the hat below the red button. can we get that fixed? Thank you for all your help. also to answer your question here a link for the virpil throttle lay out cm-03 https://forum.virpil.com/index.php?/topic/1457-virpil-hardware-–-key-mapping-setups-pdf-for-you-to-fill-out/&tab=comments#comment-9731. I believe the cm-02 is very close to the cm-03 throttle.

Last edited:
There are 2 supported Virpil Alpha Right sticks on the list of supported devices. One is called "Custom". The sticks have differing button idents - maybe one of them fits?

While I am here - why does JOY22 have a "thick circle" which I thought meant the second stage of the triggers - surely there is only one "push" function of that encoder wheel?

Last edited:
I've got a Voyee Wired 360 Controller Model HY4102 (Amazon). It's showing up as "Unknown controller detected."

yutbtx is the reference.

Thanks!

"fewapm"

Sorry to be new here and reporting this incorrectly, but I have a Virpil setup (Full HOTAS) config: and EDRef site doesn't work with my configuration currently.
Right VPC Constellation Alpha + VPC WarBRD base
Left VPC Throttle MT-50CM3

Appreciate any help given, and thanks in advance!

While I am here - why does JOY22 have a "thick circle" which I thought meant the second stage of the triggers - surely there is only one "push" function of that encoder wheel?
Never used one, but at least their website says for both the Alpha and Alpha Prime:
1 x Scroll Encoder (+ Dual Push)

Never used one, but at least their website says for both the Alpha and Alpha Prime:

Well there you go I missed that, still have no idea how to use the "dual push" function though. Thanks

@VerticalBlank First of all, thanks so much for this tool! It saved me many hours.

Because I wanted to revise my bindings from the ground up, I looked at some actual button bindings of real-world fighter jet cockpits (DCS World ftw!). Helped a little bit, but not a lot. Cockpit layouts changed over the years, and an airplane is not a fictual space ship anyway.

So I was wondering.

I there any way to obtain any kind of statistics of all the button bindings in the XML files uploaded to edrefcard.info? For example, for a given input device, all the <ToggleFlightAssist> data could be counted together and displayed like
"Toggle Flight Assist | 26% Joy_12 | 24% Joy_17 | 13% Joy_3+Joy_11 |"
Or the other way round.

It would be like the "most popular ships" stats on Inara, only for button bindings. I personally would find that interesting, but that's just me. Yeah, I know, not gonna happen, but anyway, I was just curious if something like that would at least be possible, theoretically.

hey please fix a useful keybind for me ??

reference is euvjbi. Its for the Thrustmaster TCA side stick & throttler in the airbus officer combo!
1671549007096.png

Last edited:

AmroBank
Amro, in VPC Configuration Tool under the PROFILE tab you need to enable the "Split by 32 Buttons" this will allow ED to recognize all the buttons on your VPC Throttle. Each set of 32 buttons are their own device so ED will show the same button from time to time in the bindings menu but the bindings file will show that it has a different DeviceIndex.

Unfortunately EDRefCard will not be able to recognize your throttle

Hey there,

I recently got a VKB Gladiator NXT EVO with the Omni Throttle adapter. I did a firmware update on it, and that update changed the device ID. Before the update, the stick was reported as 231D:0201, after the update it reported as 231D:3201. VKB does (now) differentiate between normal sticks and sticks with the OTA; I have no idea what the difference in the firmware is (maybe it is just the device distinction?).

Anyway, EDRefCard told me I had an unknown controller, and that I should report here with the reference "olmqwl". So that is what I'm doing :).

EDRefCard needed for Winwing Orion2...​

I must say, I am impressed at all the work that has gone into creating templates for all sorts of other configurations, but there are a few, important templates missing from the list. Notably, Winwing is missing and they have some of the hottest stick/throttle combos on the market. It would be very nice to see some effort put into creating a generic template/guide for them.

Last edited:
I do not have a bindings file in the options/Binding folder. Just a START file. Can I create a bindings file? I have hidden files showing.

When you make a change to the assignments in the Options / Controls menu in the game and then click APPLY - the game creates a file in that folder* - "custom.4.0.binds" (or, if you are playing in Legacy, "custom.3.0.binds").

You can then rename that as per the pinned / sticky thread at the top of the PC sub-forum to protect your bindings from being lost / overwritten:

* Quick link to that folder: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings

Top Bottom