Release EDRefCard - makes a printable reference card of your controller bindings

When you make a change to the assignments in the Options / Controls menu in the game and then click APPLY - the game creates a file in that folder* - "custom.4.0.binds" (or, if you are playing in Legacy, "custom.3.0.binds").

You can then rename that as per the pinned / sticky thread at the top of the PC sub-forum to protect your bindings from being lost / overwritten:

* Quick link to that folder: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings
Thank you! (y)

Hopefully this is allowed. WinWing Orion 2 and F-16 Grip. I was trying to follow instructions how to add a controller to database but can't figure it out. Here's what I have, and I have the pictures separate from all the angles. If somebody wants blank sheets let me know. It's still a work in progress since every time I need a function I have to figure out where to, and how to place it, to top it all off I'm new to the game so I don't even know half the stuff what they do.

F-16 Grips Color.jpg

Orion2 Throttle with base color.jpg

Last edited:
For those that want to import the VKB Gladiator NXT EVO Premium SCG HOSAS with OTA.

The RH controller is recognized and it works fine but the LH OTA one is not recognized as the Device ID 231D3201 is unknown.
As the controller is basically the same, copy you bindings file somewhere else, edit it and replace 231D3201 with 231D0201. Save and import this file to edrefcard.

Great Tool this but I got unknown controller detected ref pfexow
Its actually a twin stick layout of the Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus Edition. One stick should show as T.A320 Pilot and the other as T.A320 Copilot (left and right switch on controllers)
I know its basically the T16000m but the button layout is different so it would be great to see the correct lay out.
Thank you

So this is probably just me being dense, but hopefully someone can explain this to me: I have a VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Right-hand joystick, and was looking up bindings for it. All the bindings seem to show 6 axes - X, Y, Z, RX, RY, RZ, with stuff bound to all of them. However, afaik, there are only four axes on this joystick - X, Y, Z (throttle slider) and RZ (rotating the stick). Where do the other two axes, RX and RY, come from? Am I missing some feature of the joystick? Or are these meant to be things from a second, left-hand, device?

Thanks!

I got an "Unknown Controller Detected"

reference = csjjdz

Dual Virpil Alpha joysticks - I see Dual Virpil Alph joysticks are already listed in supported devices so it seems like I am doing something wrong. (custom.4.0.binds default binding profile)

Hey @GrumpyFinn ! I just acquired my own Winwing HOTAS set. I found your post while searching for "winwing" in this thread. I would also like to add support into EDRefCard, but I don't see the directions you are referring to. Can you point me to them?

o7

I haven't forgotten this, although I don't play ED much anymore and I don't particularly enjoy working on EDRefCard's codebase.

I have work in progress to add the new command bindings from Ody and also to try to get to a pure SVG workflow, however ImageMagick isn't playing nice with the latter.
I noticed there are lots of posts with Unknown Device here, as well as some requests on how to add a device. So I looked back and found the attached post.

Sadly it seems VerticalBlank is no longer able to maintain this great tool.

Is there anyone out there who could step in and help us all out?

I noticed there are lots of posts with Unknown Device here, as well as some requests on how to add a device. So I looked back and found the attached post.

Sadly it seems VerticalBlank is no longer able to maintain this great tool.

Is there anyone out there who could step in and help us all out?
I didn't say that, merely that I don't much enjoy working on the code base.

I'm more than happy to keep the server running (since it is in a free-of-charge period as an apology from OVH after their incident), it is just that adding support for new devices is very tiresome work.

I have asked before on the EDCD servers for anyone who would like to take up the mantle without any takers.

I didn't say that, merely that I don't much enjoy working on the code base.

I'm more than happy to keep the server running (since it is in a free-of-charge period as an apology from OVH after their incident), it is just that adding support for new devices is very tiresome work.

I have asked before on the EDCD servers for anyone who would like to take up the mantle without any takers.
Sorry I didn't mean to offend, I just seemed that way to me, based on the posts without reply.

it is just that adding support for new devices is very tiresome work
If there's a how-to for it, and the tiresome bit is not heavy on the programming side, it might be possible to enlist quite a lot of help from "semi-skilled" volunteers.
(If the tiresome bit is heavy on the programming side, perhaps that can be remedied by volunteers with programming skill.)

Top Bottom