Elite Dangerous Issue Report - 16/11/2021

Ps: they have duty’s to all of us not only for the pc cmdrs.
No, actually they don't. The only thing they cannot do is release content onto Console that doesn't feature match PC, but they are in their power to elect to not release an expansion on console (or PC if they wish) without any repercussion from the platform 'owners'.

And Metal ;)

No, actually they don't. The only thing they cannot do is release content onto Console that doesn't feature match PC, but they are in their power to elect to not release an expansion on console (or PC if they wish) without any repercussion from the platform 'owners'.
I think, i don’t need to explain you, what is the meaning of third party game? Duty’s is chosen by them for every Plattform!

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
@sallymorganmoore It's not in the top 20, but is there any news on the default Drake-class fleet carrier layout not being retrievable if you put another one on? (there's no item in the list of layouts for either the Drake-class or "remove", which is the way you'd expect it to work from paint jobs etc.)

As we all know, Cori, there are a lot that aren't in the top 20 but let's not drown me at the moment by making this an entrance way to post all of the ones like this :')
COS YOU KNOW I'M GUNNA TAKE THEM....haha (thank you...)

Of course, to be correct that would be "Problem exists between controller and sofa"...

Just give up, listen to the response in last night's stream carefully... If that isn't preparing for "it ain't coming"... Of course, it may just be that Arf is as ticked off by the entitlement displayed each day too...
@sallymorganmoore so it’s seems we need some interactions. So he speculate, after the response of arf, that EDO wouldn’t make its way on consoles?

I think, i don’t need to explain you, what is the meaning of third party game? Duty’s is chosen by them for every Plattform!
Perhaps you might explain exactly what you mean, as "duties" is unclear.

I was pointing out there is no obligation to release an expansion on any particular platform if the developer chooses such... Is this the point you are debating?

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Even when David Braben wrote his missive here, referring to the issues at launch of Odyssey, there was no concrete confirmation that it would come to consoles:
We do not want to rush into confirming any dates or changes this has on our console release, as we must remain fully focused on the core Elite experience. Only when we feel that the foundation of the PC release is solid, will we be able to re-lay our console roadmap on top.
Was there?

Hm. Apart from the shimmering anti-aliasing, the most annoying bug for me currently is that many (not all) buttons (like the carrier UI or shipyard) don't react to controller input (HOTAS, click event), so I always have to find the space key or the mouse while in VR. It's a QoL thing ofc, but IMHO it can't be so hard to check the event handlers and fix them. In Horizons, everything works as expected. Wondering if it's just me who has these issues?

O7,
🙃

Hm. Apart from the shimmering anti-aliasing, the most annoying bug for me currently is that many (not all) buttons (like the carrier UI or shipyard) don't react to controller input (HOTAS, click event), so I always have to find the space key or the mouse while in VR. It's a QoL thing ofc, but IMHO it can't be so hard to check the event handlers and fix them. In Horizons, everything works as expected. Wondering if it's just me who has these issues?

O7,
🙃
OMG yes..This!!!

i thought it was just me and with so many other bugs didn't bother reporting it but when trying to buy a ship for instance the 'up' arrow suddenly refuses to work and I have to go find my controller or mouse to actually select the damn thing! Thanks for pointing this out.

If you've done the legwork on an issue report I'll add to it. Sorry got so jaded by so damn many that I didn't bother even bringing it up before.

This seems to be a problem only for my HOTAS bindings btw. The up and down through the menus works fine in most instances but there are clear cases of it not working which is just plain silly, also some menus cannot be reached because of it without the mouse. For instance the ship details menu when looking at your ships in the shipyard.

Even when David Braben wrote his missive here, referring to the issues at launch of Odyssey, there was no concrete confirmation that it would come to consoles:

Was there?
What was my intention is, that there are responsibilities to every single platforms and when Elite didn’t get EDO on consoles, then the game will dying on this Plattforms and this is a sad fact.

Top Bottom