Elite Dangerous Issue Report - 16/11/2021

@sallymorganmoore It's not in the top 20, but is there any news on the default Drake-class fleet carrier layout not being retrievable if you put another one on? (there's no item in the list of layouts for either the Drake-class or "remove", which is the way you'd expect it to work from paint jobs etc.)

This, So much silence and no fanfare for this. But it SHOULD be a easy fix. I won't spend ARX on my Xbox carrier for this very reason. I like the Drake class layout too, and don't want to lose it.

Looks like https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/42493 has dropped off the list. It's a let down considering all the effort that went in to putting that together and rallying support. Honestly I'm not sure why I'm continuing on with this - if FD thinks that space looks better than it used to, or what we're getting now is acceptable, then I guess we're just too far apart in our tastes and time to move on. I'll check back in occasionally but feels like it's time to step away and smell the roses

1637260175496.png

Very disappointed with this... 😢 I cannot make a full use of my Virpil Joy and Hotas and I am tired of partial and buggy solutions like vJoy+Joystick Gremlin.

Anti Aliasing Not Working Correctly - Investigation into further improvements is set to continue, however secondary to performance improvements. To a degree, aliasing has been mildly improved somewhat due to planet texture generation changes, rather than an anti-aliasing system change.
While I do understand this decision, I can’t help but feel that putting off AA improvements like this isn’t the best idea.

If anti-aliasing in Odyssey were to improve enough, far more users will be able to take advantage of FSR without the massive visual degradation it causes now, which would in turn bring about a big performance boost without a big loss in quality.

AMD’s FSR tech lives or dies on being paired with good anti-aliasing systems. Based on my testing, the AA settings in Odyssey simply do not get applied to certain game elements (mostly the new on-foot stuff), and that problem only gets amplified when enabling FSR, which is why so many players can’t stand to use it right now.

FD says every time that they need to get it working properly on PC before they can move it to consoles. If people can't remember that it's their own problem, not FD's.

What did they used to say? "Problem located between keyboard and chair."
So if we can avoid the insults that would be nice.

The issue is Frontier have yet to confirm it will come to consoles. It's over 6 months since the release of odyssey, over a year since Frontier delayed the release of consoles to...well.... basically... now. I really think at least a confirmation that odyssey will come to consoles would be nice.

Important issues:
  1. No ship interiors
  2. No new SRV
  3. No Panther Clipper
  4. No Thargoids on foot

Last edited:
FD says every time that they need to get it working properly on PC before they can move it to consoles. If people can't remember that it's their own problem, not FD's.

What did they used to say? "Problem located between keyboard and chair."
And yet it's perfectly fine to keep listing the same issues on PC with 'updates' on their progress... I think you're looking between the wrong keyboard and chair.

Even when David Braben wrote his missive here, referring to the issues at launch of Odyssey, there was no concrete confirmation that it would come to consoles:

Was there?
There were no precise dates given for the release, but we were strung along for some time that there would be a console release, initially scheduled for late this year.
Consoles have clearly been abandoned now, with Odyssey's performance issues the excuse.
"No work on a console version until the PC version works" effectively means no console version, given that Horizons still has performance issues after the thick end of half a decade.

i'm gonna have to disagree with you on that one. They will bring it to console eventually but they are struggling very hard with an unfinished, unoptimised product that was behind the curve and never should have been released. PC Odyssey won't be working properly this side of Christmas. Then it will be the time to shift work to consoles, so expect the console release possibly around April maybe March if we're lucky.

Meantime I'm playing Odyssey in open with friends every evening with very rare crashes (at most 2 or 3 times per week now). Perhaps I'm just lucky... A new ship would be nice, though.

Top Bottom