Elite Dangerous Issue Report - 16/11/2021

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Well, I filed an issue report on the matter ofc (https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/43013), but that was for update 7 and is expired now. Back then, I thought it was a VR issue only, but in fact it's not. Nice to know I'm not the only one :)

O7,
🙃
Grabbed for a read! Sorry, I'm having a bit of a fly through right now but just wanting to let you know I've grabbed the link to nosey over shortly o7

Grabbed for a read! Sorry, I'm having a bit of a fly through right now but just wanting to let you know I've grabbed the link to nosey over shortly o7
wuhooo!

Edit:
Just to clarify that for me it isn't the 'click to confirm' problem that I have as The Lawful does.. but the up arrow in my case. Seems related though as when you use controller and HOTAS together it works in most menus but not all.

Last edited:
As we all know, Cori, there are a lot that aren't in the top 20 but let's not drown me at the moment by making this an entrance way to post all of the ones like this :')
COS YOU KNOW I'M GUNNA TAKE THEM....haha (thank you...)
Oops, sorry. But if I don't post them here, where do I? You can see how well the actual issue tracker has worked out.

Deleted member 182079

D
@sallymorganmoore It's not in the top 20, but is there any news on the default Drake-class fleet carrier layout not being retrievable if you put another one on? (there's no item in the list of layouts for either the Drake-class or "remove", which is the way you'd expect it to work from paint jobs etc.)

Honestly, it amazes me that this is still an issue (though it's just one of many to be fair). I can no longer check as I lost my FC in July, but I think it was a problem for the majority of this year - iirc it was introduced during a FC cosmetics sale, and I struggle to understand why a simple UI issue that affects people who spend money on cosmetics isn't addressed more swiftly (since this is a revenue source for Frontier - but I guess people will only find out after they purchased stuff)... I happen to own 2 FC layouts, and the inability to switch back to the default one made me feel like a bit of a mug tbh for getting either of them. Oh well.

-------

On the OP, the sheer number of "not started" and "TBC" is quite disappointing really. Maybe these posts should also contain a top 20 table of what Frontier actually do work on in terms of fixes (surely can't just be navmesh stuff?).

It's good to see that the hatch breaker limpet bug is being addressed, on the other hand the megaship cargo bug is mentioned nowhere - least of all for Horizons where it was never fixed to begin with. Hatch breakers working again are no good if megaship cargo is still getting stuck so I hope those are looked at in tandem.

Unless patch 9 is the god patch that works wonders, and I don't think it will if past patches are anything to go by, it's probably best to get used to the current state of the game and accept that as the status quo, for those fortunate enough to play it adequately performance wise at least (I'm one of them, but it's sub-par, and visual- and gameplay bugs are really wearing on me).

This is going nowhere fast, after half a year of some fixes/introduction of new/old issues as I see a recurring theme forming here, especially when I take the OP in consideration and how some of the stuff is presented/worded. "Getting strung along" springs to mind if I'm perfectly honest.

I do find it somewhat peculiar that without FDev pulling the plug temporarily on the Horizons merge into Odyssey client we wouldn't even be able to directly compare and contrast some of the visual downgrades anymore. New players who wouldn't have had experienced the older Horizons client would be none the wiser how the game used to look (or indeed perform) like before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please fix restricted areas incorect positioning. Currently they are being vertically extended to second floors and rooftops where there is no sign for restricted areas.

What does this actually mean for number 20 Changes have been made, however further changes are required from design? What changes have already been made? You actually had a design for how this was supposed to be applied when you introduced it in the first place? So my next question is going to be what did the design say about how thermal conduit is supposed to work? Was it meant to be scaled from day one or was it supposed to be 60% more damage at any temperature above 100% heat?

Has anyone else had issues with the companion API's fleetcarriers endpoint returning invalid (in my case, empty) commodity market data for their Fleet Carrier? This has been going on for a little while now and it's particularly annoying because on Inara, journals are providing correct market information, which gets overwritten when the site periodically imports the incorrect empty data from the companion API - preventing commanders from discovering our high quality affordable party goods.

That is very cool thank you Fdev. I wonder, is anybody have issue with the outfitting screen being cut off at he bottom in 1440p. Is it a well know bug?
o7

Exiting the Game just hangs need to force terminate - Attempts at consistenly reproducing this error are ongoing but currently not solid enough to nail down the reason for the hang. More information on the specific circumstances which cause this issue are being looked into as we continue to reach out and research.
This is happening to me more often than not when i quit in a station.
It almost never happens if i quit while on foot on planetary surface or if i quit during an Apex travel (in space)

Top Bottom