ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Announcement

Although I am very happy about the announcement, they are not really showing anything yet ... I see many people talking about a video that does not show the real game, of that I am sure ... I don't understand the exaltation of some commenting on a CGI video,then come disappointments ...

Is that no one remembers the first elite trailers? they looked even better than this(2014). Sorry, i'm just trying to be realistic.

this video is "in Engine" like shown at the beginning, the one you posted was CGI, it makes a lot of a difference.

Greetings Commanders,

Thank you for your overwhelmingly positive response to the announcement of Elite Dangerous: Odyssey. We’ve been really excited to share this and it’s amazing to see that you all feel the same way!

This is just the beginning and we will be sharing more details and information in the coming months that you can look forward to.

We’re seeing all your streams, videos, posts and questions and, today, we wanted to answer a few for you straight away:

Is Elite Dangerous: Odyssey coming to VR?

Currently, Elite Dangerous: Odyssey will not be VR-compatible at launch. We’re big fans of VR and we are truly proud of the amazing experience that we currently offer in Elite Dangerous. However, the new gameplay, mechanics and features that will be introduced with Elite Dangerous: Odyssey means that we had to re-examine if we could deliver that same experience without compromise, which, for launch, means Odyssey will not be VR-compatible.

Will there be Base Building in Elite Dangerous: Odyssey?
Base building is not currently on the roadmap for Elite Dangerous, however we have plenty of new features planned instead such as on-foot exploration, new planetary tech, social hubs, combat as well as more to be shared later on! We’re looking to put our best foot forward with Odyssey and if you’d like an overview of what to expect, you can check out the website or Steam page.

Will Elite Dangerous: Odyssey be included in my Lifetime Expansion Pass?
While Elite Dangerous: Odyssey is a paid expansion, we're happy to confirm that yes, this expansion will absolutely be included in the Lifetime Expansion Pass for free.

Stay Safe, Commanders o7
While I know people are focusing on the new shiny legs, can you say what existing features will see updates with Odyssey too?

Thanks for the update:

Base building is not currently on the roadmap for Elite Dangerous, however we have plenty of new features planned instead such as on-foot exploration, new planetary tech, social hubs, combat as well as more to be shared later on! We’re looking to put our best foot forward with Odyssey and if you’d like an overview of what to expect, you can check out the website or Steam page.
Not going to lie, I am a little disappointed at the lack of base building - not so much that it isn't in the next release, but that it isn't on the roadmap at all. It needn't bee anything spectacular or overly complex - but a few prefabricated designs that I can plop down on a planet somewhere would have been cool.

Still very excited about the rest of the announcement though!

Question: With Odyssey are we going to be able to land on a greater variety of planets - and if so, will these planets have atmospheric hazards (heat / strong winds/ volcanic eruptions, etc) ?

Odyssey is New Era, according to the official elite twitter announcement:

The Next Era update, Elite Dangerous: Odyssey was revealed earlier today! Read all about it here:

One can certainly interpret it that way, but nothing I would consider as unambiguous. The wording still leaves room to interpret it as the first chapter of New Era. Or even a glimpse of Next Era: ;)

We are delighted to share with you a glimpse of the Next Era - Elite Dangerous: Odyssey.

Otherwise it doesn't make much sense to me to call the whole DLC now "Next Era - Elite Dangerous: Odyssey". Looks unnecessarily clumpy to me and also isn't in line with the style of other update titles from the past. At least not for main DLCs that the New Era is certainly meant to be. I'd really like to hear some clarification about it from the devs...

Greetings Commanders,

Thank you for your overwhelmingly positive response to the announcement of Elite Dangerous: Odyssey. We’ve been really excited to share this and it’s amazing to see that you all feel the same way!

This is just the beginning and we will be sharing more details and information in the coming months that you can look forward to.

We’re seeing all your streams, videos, posts and questions and, today, we wanted to answer a few for you straight away:

Is Elite Dangerous: Odyssey coming to VR?

Currently, Elite Dangerous: Odyssey will not be VR-compatible at launch. We’re big fans of VR and we are truly proud of the amazing experience that we currently offer in Elite Dangerous. However, the new gameplay, mechanics and features that will be introduced with Elite Dangerous: Odyssey means that we had to re-examine if we could deliver that same experience without compromise, which, for launch, means Odyssey will not be VR-compatible.

Will Elite Dangerous: Odyssey be included in my Lifetime Expansion Pass?
While Elite Dangerous: Odyssey is a paid expansion, we're happy to confirm that yes, this expansion will absolutely be included in the Lifetime Expansion Pass for free.

Stay Safe, Commanders o7

Will the Ships have fully accessible interiors we can Walk around in???

Top Bottom