ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous: Odyssey HUD Breakdown

while the UI for the FPS looks good, it feels very dark and has too many color going on at once, I made this simplified UI with less colors and more contrast

Attachments

• ED_UI_.jpg
    ED_UI_.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 221
Hmm... I can't even remember what they said other than "You can shoot them, or drop things for them to pick up".

Well I do remember them saying that there would be different ways to get involved with the Thargoids.
It was in one of the livestreams they had back in the days, following a question about whether combat would be the only way to get involved.
I don't know which livestream it was exactly so nope no reference and I'm not gonna bother trying to find it but I recall it well.
If you don't, so be it.

Probably like silent running, it probably turns off your shields and switches on emergency oxygen I'd imagine so you can only use it sparingly with drawbacks.
There was an excellent zero-G FPS game called Shattered Horizon which had a similar function - you lost the HUD and all sorts of movement assists (and also my favourite - all artificial sound disappeared, so you could only hear your own breathing and whatever sound transmitted through your suit, like the muffled gunfire of your own weapon) but you completely dropped off everyone’s radar. Great for stealth.

while the UI for the FPS looks good, it feels very dark and has too many color going on at once, I made this simplified UI with less colors and more contrast
Not bad, especially the radar...but anyone else feels like it's too much cartoony? it makes me think of Subnautica UI:
Nah... The only critic I'd raise is it's not orange enough :]

What is the point of making it pay? Beta FC wasn't.

So paid for beta / alpha it's take people for SC players !?
Even if it's only 5~10€. Times changes, Frontier too !

If progress stay why not for 10€ (but it's already a ing joke to pay for beta) but only for skin srly ?

What is the point of making it pay? Beta FC wasn't.

So paid for beta / alpha it's take people for SC players !?
Even if it's only 5~10€. Times changes, Frontier too !

If progress stay why not for 10€ (but it's already a gently caressing joke to pay for beta) but only for skin srly ?
But some of the first betas after Horizons had launched were only available if you had paid for beta access.

FC was a free expansion. Odyssey is a paid one.
If you don't want to pay extra for the alpha/beta phase, then don't. Just buy the DLC and get it when it is released.

Thanks for response which is useless, obviously I will not pay for beta and yes OF COURSE. But I can express my displeasure on the forum.
You may tell me that on this forum you have to see only pink life "mister we don't have the right to be unhappy "

But some of the first betas after Horizons had launched were only available if you had paid for beta access.

Beyond too ?
I did not know that. Frontier work like this.
Thank you for your strong constructive response (at least someone who does not take people high and make decisions for others because they are not happy that some people haven't the "Hype" as others)
Have happy new year holidays cmdr

Beyond too ?
I did not know that. Frontier work like this.
Thank you for your strong constructive response (at least someone who does not take people high and make decisions for others because they are not happy that some people haven't the "Hype" as others)
Have happy new year holidays cmdr
No IIRC the betas had become free to access by then probably because all the DLCs after Horizons were free.

But I can express my displeasure on the forum.
Of course.

You may tell me that on this forum you have to see only pink life "mister we don't have the right to be unhappy "
Lolwut? 😂
You have the right to twist your knickers as much as you want, over whatever you want. 😄

Did I get this right: you're angry because you won't get alpha test access to the new, paid-for DLC, for free ?

Do you understand the way it works (looks like you don't)?
It goes like this:
Some time 2021 the DLC (Odyssey) is going to be released.
If you want to access that content, you can buy the expansion when it is released or you can pre-order it.
If pre-ordering, you have two options.
1) 'Regular' pre-order that allows you to install the DLC when it is released. With this one you get a bonus, as a gift for pre-ordering the DLC: Odyssey Pioneer Suit Skin
2) 'Deluxe Alpha' pre-order that in addition to allowing you to install the DLC when it is released, also grants you the access to alpha test it. With this one you get more than one bonus, as a gift for pre-ordering the DLC and paying a bit extra: Odyssey Pioneer Suit Skin, Odyssey Alpha Access and Odyssey OST.

Hi, I'm a relatively new commander in the elite dangerous world, but I've always had an interest in a specific type of gameplay, that I've never really been able to find, that gameplay being interplanetary (like, going to different systems/planets and landing on them) bounty hunting (hunting people down, killing or capturing them, and taking them back to my employer for a reward) but I've never been able to find something like this that isn't just a close ended game that ends up with the gameplay not being an open-ended or satisfying experience. Which is why, I think that with odyssey there's a prime opportunity for there to be a capitalization on mandalorian-like bounty hunting gameplay, with just a new type of mission or a new mission giver all together that just gives out bounties to go and kill a certain individual or group of individuals and bring them back for a reward, that being the regular types of rewards that are already present in elite as we know it. So, my Main Question is: will it be possible for commanders to take to the stars to live out their bounty hunting dreams similarly to how I've described in Elite Dangerous: Odyssey? Thank you so much if you do see and answer this question, Have a good day 😁

Zieman said:
blablabla

It's just a guy trying to be interesting and be smarter than others..

Do you know that by trying to make me look like a fool you become worst ...?
If not please, we have a winner for this corona-year !

So take break and stop giving lessons and learn to read others before answering.
I stop this this thread, falling on you has already been enough for me;)
BB dude

Top Bottom