[ALLIANCE] Elite Diplomatic Corps - Open for business

In summary, LRN is a regressive Dictatorship that the AEDC will resist in order to end the current reign of terror and to restore the prosperity and stability that was the hallmark of Alliance government in Lave.

It's my understanding that an Election put LRN into power, so I put it to the AEDC that the above statement is not only inaccurate but defamatory.
Can anyone clarify? It's difficult to be clear with conflicting claims from both parties, although personally I'm more inclined to trust the LRN as a reputable source.

Last edited:
It seems there is some confusion about the reason why the Lave Liberation Front, of which AEDC is a part, is operating in Lave. Beyond the more historical connection of Lave to the Alliance, we are fighting under and for Commodore Riri McAllister, recently named Rear Admiral, and replacing Fleet Admiral Tulimaq Buchanan who was killed by the League of Reparations.

https://community.elitedangerous.com/en/galnet/uid/5b0567732ad53f6cd00a07e5

Under her leadership, we trust the current unrest in Lave will soon be resolved.

Indeed, so now we know that Riri [FONT=&quot]McAllister is Nexus, where does this leave AEDC?
[/FONT]

While I'm not AEDC, nobody knows what is going on with LoR, the content is not in game yet and Salome said don't trust GalNet. If Riri is LoR, then yeah okay, not as if I'm a big fan of the admiralty anyway, but there is something fishy about this, for a start LoR would be more preachy about the crimes of INRA, they don't proclaim anything after an assassination except for a few hull etches. Having grown up in He Bo there is one with you learn, don't trust INRA, don't trust AEGIS. I don't think AEGIS is comfortable with having loose ends left over from INRA, for all we know there might be things they've done worse than the Mycoid (that these INRA relatives knew about), we only started to find their installations when there was yet again building hatred for the Goids.

Last edited:
Can anyone clarify? It's difficult to be clear with conflicting claims from both parties, although personally I'm more inclined to trust the LRN as a reputable source.

I dont know why people who break treaties are reputable. That is the first time anyone broke a treaty with us. We sure didn't.

Lave is as much Alliance as New York is American, Hamburg is German or Wolgograd is Russian.

We will never rest until Lave is green again.
We defend the Old Worlds. They are the economic center of the Alliance. Wolf 406 Transport has a treaty with the Alliance Navy to support the Alliance Navy therd and we will honor that treaty in words and deeds.

Indeed, so now we know that Riri McAllister is Nexus, where does this leave AEDC?

The only reason AEDC supported Riri McAllister was because she was Admiral for Lave. We will support whoever is her replacement on the council of Admirals. The conflict to relieve Lave of rebel control has nothing to do with the LoR.

Successful operations of AEDC continue across the core sectors. We even get free media coverage with our adventures, or so i heard.

We of the Alliance Raid-Reaction Corps are against the actions of the AEDC in Lave despite our afilliations being Alliance.

As stated in a message from our founder Dayrth.
We do not hold with the use of murder, to hold a system's population in lockdown, as a tool to win a conflict over any system's ruling faction.
So until and unless the AEDC can prove that this is not the case, we are actively supporting the LRN in holding on to their control of Lave.

o7

It's my understanding that an Election put LRN into power, so I put it to the AEDC that the above statement is not only inaccurate but defamatory.

It is also our understanding that the LRN won Lave via an election.

o7

We of the Alliance Raid-Reaction Corps are against the actions of the AEDC in Lave despite our afilliations being Alliance.

As stated in a message from our founder Dayrth.
We do not hold with the use of murder, to hold a system's population in lockdown, as a tool to win a conflict over any system's ruling faction.
So until and unless the AEDC can prove that this is not the case, we are actively supporting the LRN in holding on to their control of Lave.

o7

I am sorry to hear that, and regret you are supporting independent rebels who took the second most important system from the Alliance, rather than aid in her return to the fold.

The AEDC is playing the BGS for many years now. Over the course of the patches, the tools that Frontier has given the players have changed. We employ all the tools handed to us by the developers. While we do not appreciate the focus on certain mechanics, we play the game as it is handed to use.

I find it highly interesting that you assume you somehow have the right to request from us to "prove" that we play the game in not efficient ways and shoot ourselves into the foot. We play the game as good as we can, and you ask us not too. That shines an unflattering light on your motivations.
My personal opinion is that you stop playing for the Alliance when it matters. You help removing Lavian Brandy from the game by supporting non-Alliance factions. You work against the Alliance by supporting non-Alliance factions. Election?! What does that have to do with anything? That's just another matter of game mechanics. And how was that election started? By murdering Alliance ships in the thousands. So your supposed moral does only come to pass when it helps you with your already made decisions. Which makes it highly questionable, indeed.

We are used to being judged negatively by everyone. And frankly we don't care. Other people break treaties with us and make us somehow the evil ones. But frankly, we don't give a .

Last edited:
Lave was put in to an Election by LRN supporters embracing murder.
That's a fact, it is the ONLY way they could have made that happen in the timescale in which it did happen.

Three of the groups KNOWN to be supporting LRN signed treaties with AEDC prior to the Election being triggered. All three have broken those treaties and now conveniently deny any knowledge of those treaties ever existing (once they got what they wanted from signing them of course). Those groups should probably remind themselves why they thought signing such treaties were important to them at the time - and also understand that if they're now denying those treaties ever existed, then perhaps they no longer do, and never will again!

Lave was an important Alliance system which was taken from the Alliance by an Election triggered through wanton murder. Stop twisting SOME of the role-play facts to support your arguments. AEDC and its Alliance allies stand strong in its aim to return Lave to the Alliance and we shall never give up. We have nothing against Lave Radio (the out of game organisation producing the podcast) but those running its in game faction are putting it in a very bad light and playing on the radio station's good will among the community to recruit dubious groups to its cause.

Enjoy the game - we are :)

The forum is an extension of the game. Our tongues are as useful as weapons. I don't think anyone here will deny that there have been some unsavoury acts, on both sides... on both sides.

The real losers in this disagreement between you and Lave Radio are those people who depend on their supply of Lavian Brandy. I'm appalled by the thought that there are people out there right now who are being denied their brandy.

You are using tradition and lore to defend your heinous acts in Lave. You appear to have forgotten one important piece of lore... The full name of the Alliance is "Alliance of Independent Systems". It was created to protect independent systems from the rampant expansionist policies of the Empire and the Federation. And what became of the Alliance? What plans did Mahon have for our beloved Alliance? He wanted turned it into Federation Lite.

There's a reason why Lave Radio didn't affiliate itself with a superpower. It wanted its independence. It wanted its news reports to be as balanced as possible, and for every listener regardless of their birthplace to feel as though this radio channel had something to say to them personally. Lave Radio has been a force for good throughout the Galaxy. It's time we rewarded their hard work by letting them have the main station. It must be getting cramped within that orange Sidewinder of theirs.

Comparing the Lave Radio crew to Walden is just silly. I doubt there's a dictator hidden amongst their ranks. Attacking them is just bad PR for the whole of the Alliance. We are all being tainted by the same brush. You are swelling the ranks of those who oppose the Alliance.

The ARC is a fighting arm of the Alliance. We share the same goal as the AEDC, to persuade as many systems in the galaxy we can that the Alliance is the best way to trade with their neighbours and to defend themselves. We want to spread this message to the whole of the galaxy.

And here you are stuck wasting resources on this one system. We have a whole galaxy to turn green. Our small faction has to waste its time clearing the lockdown caused by your actions, so that pilots can access their much-needed brandy. We'd much rather be working with you as fellow Alliance pilots than working against you.

The real losers in this disagreement between you and Lave Radio are those people who depend on their supply of Lavian Brandy. I'm appalled by the thought that there are people out there right now who are being denied their brandy.

Stopped reading this right there.
- LRN broke their treaty with us to take one station
- LRN then continued to take Lave Station and the system
- LRN thereby removed Lavian Brandy from the game

You see where we come into the picture? Yes. Nowhere.

Dont come into our group thread and blame us for things that exist only in your imagination.

We defend the Alliance against murderers and invaders. That is all.

You blame the victims.

We hardly waste ressources on this system. We do all that is possible and necessary to retake this system. We have valiant members that do all they can to defend our systems and mitigate the damage of the terrorist attacks on our systems as good as possible.

We have additional operations running that are not connected to Lave at all, and that are fun and helping the Alliance. Which makes 100s of people think about AEDC more every day than we think about them.

And that is yet another win for us. We play the game and have fun. They grind against us.

Listen to yourselves... "And that is yet another win for us"

Some of you may be wondering why we are fighting for Lave Radio. Why should we turn against our own kind?

"If not us, then who?"

1) A treaty with terms declared, and signatures from only one side, is not a treaty. It is a declaration of terms. Lave Radio never signed any treaty. They were presented with a treaty, they raised concerns, those concerns were dismissed, and that was all that happened.

2) At no point during the transition of power to Lave Radio, was brandy taken away. It was on the verge of happening, but did not. In fact brandy wasn't taken away until AEDC and AiD commanders were at top of the bounty boards in Lave.

3) Lave Radio's home system is in Lave, they are the only player faction inserted into Lave by Frontier, they didn't invade anywhere. Alliance player groups banded together a year ago to put a stop to Lave Radio playing the BGS in their own home system.

4) Just because AEDC and the other alliance player groups are larger, they act entitled to govern all BGS activities if ANY alliance npc faction is involved, in any system they deem worthy of interfering in, for whatever reason they choose. If it happens in another player group's home system, and they don't agree to AEDC's dictated terms, the smaller player group will have to "expect resistance" as AEDC has stated here. This is not diplomatic, this is bullying just because they are bigger and they act entitled.

If i draw up a treaty document, and declare that AEDC is not allowed to control any system that has an Independent npc faction in it, and sign it myself with some other Independents, does that make AEDC treaty breakers?

Last edited:
There's a reason why Lave Radio didn't affiliate itself with a superpower. It wanted its independence. It wanted its news reports to be as balanced as possible, and for every listener regardless of their birthplace to feel as though this radio channel had something to say to them personally. Lave Radio has been a force for good throughout the Galaxy. It's time we rewarded their hard work by letting them have the main station. It must be getting cramped within that orange Sidewinder of theirs.

Starting off, I think some is taking this game a bit too seriously when we start insulting bystanders (I was verbally attacked by an LRN supporter while streaming exploration), so please do not take my comment as a personal attack.

But looking at this from a lore point of view - as it seemed to me you were doing with the comment on why LRN chose to be independent - shouldn't LRN completely distance itself from political minefields, such as owning an entire "capital sized" system? Irl we do get a bit put off when the government and the media is the same entity, why would that - in the viewpoint of lore - be more acceptable here?

Just throwing that out there :)

My disclaimer here is that I believe all is fair as long as it plays within the rules FDev have, and are, setting up. LRN can claim systems, the Alliance can claim them back if they feel that's what they wanna do. Personally I think the best diplomatic outcome would be recruiting the LRN into the Alliance (with no strings attached) and let them roam in Lave as they please (we all get what we want!), but sadly I believe that boat has sailed with all this blood in the water.

End point: AEDC is made up of a group of human beings. We play together and enjoy the game together. Some (just like in other factions) like to murder and pvp to gain systems while others like trading, mission running, exploration and other more "peaceful" ways to support their factions. When we turn off the game, many of us put these issues aside and return to our families, so don't blame us for being slow to reply or are baffled by overly emotional responses in forums not connected to this game or this conflict.

Top Bottom