Elite Shipyard

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
This tool really helped me with my Viper build, and it's handy to mess around with prospective builds whilst on my phone away from the pc

Absolutely repped.

Just posted v0.6, which now supports the Type-9 and Anaconda, although I still need confirmation of the internal compartment modules they each initially come with.

Are you getting discounts on your ships? The cost listed isn't what I'm seeing at shipyards.

Awesome tool though :)
The cost displayed next to the ship stats is just for the hull itself; when you buy it in-game, it comes equipped with E-rating modules which also have a cost (which you get back when you sell or upgrade them). So when you first select a ship on the site, it will fill in the default loadout for that ship, and the total price at the bottom should match what you pay in-game.

I thought about that but wasn't sure it was worth the UI clutter. Under what circumstances is it possible to even get loaned equipment, other than dying without insurance and getting a Sidewinder with loaners?

I started with a cobra long range version (kickstarter reward), and this comes with a variety of reasonable modules as the base selection (16 capacity fuel tank for example, but there are others). There is no reason to replace these components, as there aren't better ones out there (and it just increases your insurance costs if you do).

I don't have the original list anymore, but I can give you a screenshot of those I still have that are (loaned), if that helps?

Thanks for a great tool.

I noticed an error for the Type-6 Transporter:

The internal compartments do not match my ship's compartment configuration.
I don't have any size 4 compartments.

Suggestions in case possible, desirable and not already implimented:

1. Engagement range for point defense.
2. Number of charges per Shield Cell Bank (varies with class and rating).
3. Amount of boost per cell used (not sure about variables - maybe class and mass).
4. A coma between thousands.

Awesome tool, thanks. Makes me wonder. Hauler being about as good in exploring as an ASP and costs so much less. Hm.

What do the damage numbers show?
i.e. Class 1 Multicannon: DPS: 3 (2*8.5); Dmg: K; Pen: A
2 damage * 8.5 shots per second? why ist DPS 3 and not 2*8.5=17 ?
Cannon :
DPS: 3 (5*0.5); Dmg: K; Pen: A = 2.5 Damage?

Last edited:
Thanks for a great tool.

I noticed an error for the Type-6 Transporter:

The internal compartments do not match my ship's compartment configuration.
I don't have any size 4 compartments.

Are you sure? I just double checked in-game, and the Type-6 Transporter definitely has 2x size 5, 2x size 4, 1x size 3, 2x size 2.

Suggestions in case possible, desirable and not already implimented:

3. Amount of boost per cell used (not sure about variables - maybe class and mass).

1. Sure, do you know what it is? It's not shown on the in-game module stats.
2. This is known for some SCB modules, but not others, because it's also not shown in the in-game module stats. So if you know any of those missing numbers, send them along and I'll add them.
3. I don't think this is exactly known either, at least I haven't seen any equation to calculate it. If you know (or develop) one, let me know and I'll add it.
4. There should already be comma delimiters in prices since they get so large, but not elsewhere since most other numbers don't even get into the 1000s. Where specifically do you think they should be added?

What do the damage numbers show?
i.e. Class 1 Multicannon: DPS: 3 (2*8.5); Dmg: K; Pen: A
2 damage * 8.5 shots per second? why ist DPS 3 and not 2*8.5=17 ?
Cannon :
DPS: 3 (5*0.5); Dmg: K; Pen: A = 2.5 Damage?
They're taken directly from the in-game module stats; I realize the math doesn't make sense, but those are the numbers the game gives us (DPS=3, damage=2, ROF=8.5). If anyone has figured out a more concrete way to interpret those numbers, let me know; until then, all I can do is display the data we have.

The Clipper doesn't look quiet right. I'm at work at the moment, so can't check, but I know that my Clipper has 172 tons of cargo space with shields and a fuel scoop, and I can only get the Clipper to 120 tons using your tool. It looks like a class 6 internal compartment could be missing?
I'll check it out tonight when I get back. Apart from that, absolutely brilliant work! It's tools like this, created by the community, that I love. Makes things so much easier :cool:

Cheers for the reply.
1. Sure, do you know what it is? It's not shown on the in-game module stats.
2. This is known for some SCB modules, but not others, because it's also not shown in the in-game module stats. So if you know any of those missing numbers, send them along and I'll add them.
3. I don't think this is exactly known either, at least I haven't seen any equation to calculate it. If you know (or develop) one, let me know and I'll add it.
4. There should already be comma delimiters in prices since they get so large, but not elsewhere since most other numbers don't even get into the 1000s. Where specifically do you think they should be added?
1. I think it is about 500m but I am not sure as I don’t have the ability to test. I’ll keep an eye out.
2. The Wiki lists values up to 5A (http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Shield_Cell_Bank). I can afford a Type 6 to do some testing.
3. Sorry, not at the moment. I will check the shield calc thread and keep an eye out.
4. You’re right. Price comma is only missing when I use my Android phone (Samsung Gal. S3) so maybe not the site’s issue.

Cheers for the reply.
1. I think it is about 500m but I am not sure as I don’t have the ability to test. I’ll keep an eye out.
2. The Wiki lists values up to 5A (http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Shield_Cell_Bank). I can afford a Type 6 to do some testing.
3. Sorry, not at the moment. I will check the shield calc thread and keep an eye out.
4. You’re right. Price comma is only missing when I use my Android phone (Samsung Gal. S3) so maybe not the site’s issue.

1. Thanks! Let me know what you find.
2. Oh, whoops -- I was about to say that I already have all those values in there, which is technically true, but there was a bug that made them not actually display on the page. Sorry, should have double checked that before answering. :) Fixed in the next update (at least up to 5A -- still need data for the rest).
3. Cool. Definitely loving all the community research that's going into figuring out these mechanics, and looking forward to incorporating more of that as it's discovered.
4. Interesting. I used javascript's toLocaleString() function (which I think is supposed to, for example, use commas and periods in the American vs. European style depending on your computer's settings), but I guess that doesn't work on Android. Or else your phone browser is somehow set to use a neutral locale, or prefer numbers not being displayed with commas, or something.

Great news concerning cell banks :)

I don't think I can afford a ship with a Class 6 internal yet but I think that "up to 5s" covers most people's needs. Partly because advice in the shield calc thread is to fit one a class below fitted shield class.

As far as I recall, I haven't swapped out the shields for lower sized, but I wouldn't rule anything out till I've got back from work and checked my actual setup out :rolleyes:

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom