Engineering and Pre-Built Ships

One of the points mentioned increasing backpack storage, so I would say that's a very strong hint that onfoot engineering is part of it, and quite possibly the bulk of it.
I would hope so; I've heard enough about the Odyssey Engineering over the years to feel secure in my choice to continue not interacting with it.

But my skepticism tells me it's just as possible they're merely referring to our CMDR's mysterious Pockets of Infinite Holding where all the Horizons Engineering materials are stored and don't have any Odyssey fixes planned for the moment, as it's simpler on their pipeline and it's likely they'd make specific mention of Odyssey improvements with all the negative community attention that continues to generate.

Time will tell.

StefanOS

Volunteer Moderator
You can rebuy your pre-built ships for free every time. However if you modify the ship with credit purchased modules then you would need to rebuy that cost.
Could this pre-build ships with 0 rebuy not be miss-used by certain players that like to do things like - player ramming at stations, station blockades, ganking of players at engineers or CG locations..... The crime & punishment is already very forgiving and unable to balance these actions - a decent ship without rebuy makes it even worst for the victims, they would have to pay a rebuy - the "special" players with the prebuild would pay nothing...

Could this pre-build ships with 0 rebuy not be miss-used by certain players that like to do things like - player ramming at stations, station blockades, ganking of players at engineers or CG locations..... The crime & punishment is already very forgiving and unable to balance these actions - a decent ship without rebuy makes it even worst for the victims, they would have to pay a rebuy - the "special" players with the prebuild would pay nothing...
Well, a rebuy won't stop them. If they want to blacklist many players faster, let them keep doing it.

I have 3 zero rebuy ships that could prove a nusiance should I be inclined that way, even before FD release pre-built ones that have zero rebuy until they are modified to be particularly useful - and if they do release a good combat-fit P2 pre-build (extremely unlikely as there would be even more outrage), I'd even consider it myself, I laugh over the millions I've lost by being careless, particularly with AX combat...

..time will tell if the direction FD are moving is a good one or not, surely?

You can rebuy your pre-built ships for free every time. However if you modify the ship with credit purchased modules then you would need to rebuy that cost.
I read this as saying it is only the modified modules that have a rebuy cost placed on it... the rest of the ship rebuy remains zero.

I think some people have interpreted this as meaning the entire ship rebuy gets reset to full upon modification.

I read this as saying it is only the modified modules that have a rebuy cost placed on it... the rest of the ship rebuy remains zero.
That is how I've read it too.
"Stock" Arx ship, zero rebuy, modify it in any way, pay the 5% (for non-KS backers who may have paid for better) rebuy on the modifications only.

Having zero rebuy on a ship isn't new, I have 3, everyone has at least 1

That is how I've read it too.
"Stock" Arx ship, zero rebuy, modify it in any way, pay the 5% (for non-KS backers who may have paid for better) rebuy on the modifications only.

Having zero rebuy on a ship isn't new, I have 3, everyone has at least 1
Everyone might have had one but some of us sold the FreeWinder years ago and not everyone will have taken one from the rebuy screen.

Better to say everyone has access to one.

In those situations there could be an incorporated illegal action duty/fine to be paid, I guess?

not really aimed at experienced players...
The leader is not for experienced players but for beginners ? Hmm. I've studied the Chief build carefully and I won't say it's wrong. It needs some engineering, but otherwise it's a normal ship.
(in my opinion)

Top Bottom