Engineers: Reality and Human Nature vs. Design Intent - Why the design Creates Tedium

I can fix the grind instantly with almost zero effort from fdev.

Limit engineering to 1 roll per 24 real hours per engineer with a max of being able to request engineer rolls to 2 different engineers per 24 real hours.

There. Grind solved. I win

It's the OP's effort. What concern is it of yours?

I just feel for the poor soul. All of that effort for a game that from what I can see he doesn't even like. Seems like a waste of energy that could be put to better use. But at the end of the day it is up to him.

Why does it concern you that I am concerned?

Last edited:
I can fix the grind instantly with almost zero effort from fdev.

Limit engineering to 1 roll per 24 real hours per engineer with a max of being able to request engineer rolls to 2 different engineers per 24 real hours.

There. Grind solved. I win

You could of course go the extreme route and as soon as the game starts up, you have 1 billion credits all the ships and everything engineered to max. Then you get a game over sign come up. Job done. No grind at all and you have won the game.

You could of course go the extreme route and as soon as the game starts up, you have 1 billion credits all the ships and everything engineered to max. Then you get a game over sign come up. Job done. No grind at all and you have won the game.

that's not going to the extreme with my post at all. That's a completely unrelated and different extreme.

I'm suggesting time limiting engineers so that you dont gain anything by spending any more time than needed to do 2 rolls per 24 hour period. That should be very little time needed to gather any necessary materials. Eliminating grinding with little to no impact on anything else in the game. What you're suggesting is ridiculous nonsense.

Top Bottom