Everything petting zoo/farm/domestic animals pack

Do I want a pack full of domestics? Yes

What theme? Hear me out on this one, I'm gonna have a wild guess. I think a farm theme might be good for this. You know like wooden barns, hay bales, add a few farming vehicles and stuff

Scenery pack Animals:
  • African Pygmy Goat
  • Kunekune Pig
  • Domestic Chicken or American pekin duck
  • Highland Cow
  • Guinea Pig or rabbits (WE)
Animal pack:
  • African Pygmy Goat
  • Kunekune Pig
  • Domestic Chicken or American Pekin Duck
  • Highland Cow
  • Shetland Pony
  • Suffolk Sheep
  • Miniature Donkey
  • Same as scenery pack or maybe barn owl? (WE)

Yes, I do.

For a theme, I'm not entirely sure, but I'd say that we should get piece that are revolved around farms/ranches, lassos, boleadoras, saddles, wagons, wagon wheels, tractors, etc.
These are all things you'd kinda picture when thinking of a farm or cowboys...

For animals, that's tougher. I'd want both sides of this argument to be satisfied, so I'd get some clearly domestic species and a few exotic domestic species. I'd choose:
  1. Domestic donkey - found all over the world. In some cultures they're more iconic than others
  2. Domestic turkey - would be a nice choice of ground-dwelling bird. Unique sounds and nice North American choice
  3. Jacob sheep - look, say what you want about sheep, but these look so cool that I highly doubt they'll be hated
  4. Vietnamese pot-bellied pig - I couldn't think of any pig breed in particular but these I like. Easily can be replaced for any pig breed as long as we get a pig breed
  5. Budgerigars (WE) - for the exhibit animal, that's tougher. I'd choose budgies, as they're popular pets but also seen all over Australia and the world. Of course, they'd have tons of color variety, from green to yellow to blue to white, pueblas, solid, albino, and everything in between

Honorable mentions:
  • Mustang - feral horses from NA. Lots of color variety
  • Dromedary camel - could easily fit this pack as they've been domesticated, but could also easily fit other packs
  • Any cattle breed - I really considered cattle

My take

Scenery not animal pack. I want domestics but I don't want that many domestics. Have it be a petting zoo pack. The theme of build prices will be like a general farm/ranch style stuff.
Animals id pick:

Shetland pony
African Pygmy goat
Guinea fowl
Kukune pig
Budgies (we)

Other choices:
Pot bellied pig
Highland Cattle
Domestic Yak
Merino sheep
Black swan
Mute swan
Quokka

Do you want a pack made out of domestic animals?
Not really… I suspect it’s not something we’ll get since there are many, like me, who aren’t very interested.
What would you wsnt to theme it?
I’ve bought every DLC at launch but unless the theme had some really great stuff it’d most likely be one that I’d wait for a sale before picking up. That said, a theme with some really useful pieces might make me get it sooner. .. a farm theme seems the obvious choice.

What animals would you want in it?
For me to get it it’d have to have something like:
  • Dromedary
  • Domestic yak, gaur or zebu
  • A duck (a breed that looks similar to a wild type mallard)
  • Domestic Guineafowl
  • Budgerigars (WE)

1677192502959.png

1677192785904.png

Last edited:
Not really... one of the biggest problems I see with most domestic animals is that they come in a massive variety of breeds, all with their own unique appearances... we could make an entire roster out of domestic breeds. So which ones do we add? And how many? Because there are a lot... and I'd rather see more actual zoo animals than farm ones.

But they're technically the same species. Each breed could be a different "colormorph".

Like, we can have the domestic pig. The "colormorphs" can be the Vietnamese pot-bellied, saddleback, etc

Not really... one of the biggest problems I see with most domestic animals is that they come in a massive variety of breeds, all with their own unique appearances... we could make an entire roster out of domestic breeds. So which ones do we add? And how many? Because there are a lot... and I'd rather see more actual zoo animals than farm ones.
Easy
We add of each category one thats decently common and are happy
1. Miniature Donkey
2. African Pigmy Goat
3. Shetland Pony
4. Vitnamese Potbellied Pig Or kunekune pig
5. Ouessant or Cameroon Sheep
6. Watussi, Scottish Highland, Zebu or what ever breed of cattle you favor
7. A Generic Looking Chicken Breed
8. Mallard Duck
9. "Normal" Guinea Pig with a bunch of color morphs
10. Flemish Giant Rabbit or Lop Rabbit

And there we go. 10 groups you can choose 4 of for a nice pack that will make everybody happy

Easy
We add of each category one thats decently common and are happy
1. Miniature Donkey
2. African Pigmy Goat
3. Shetland Pony
4. Vitnamese Potbellied Pig Or kunekune pig
5. Ouessant or Cameroon Sheep
6. Watussi, Scottish Highland, Zebu or what ever breed of cattle you favor
7. A Generic Looking Chicken Breed
8. Mallard Duck
9. "Normal" Guinea Pig with a bunch of color morphs
10. Flemish Giant Rabbit or Lop Rabbit

And there we go. 10 groups you can choose 4 of for a nice pack that will make everybody happy
Some of these sound interesting (Ankole-Watusi and those giant horns)... some may not work (there are many breeds of Zebu, not just one)... and some make me wonder why they couldn't add a wild equivalent (Red Junglefowl over generic chicken, any wild duck over mallard, etc.).

But they're technically the same species. Each breed could be a different "colormorph".

Like, we can have the domestic pig. The "colormorphs" can be the Vietnamese pot-bellied, saddleback, etc
No we cant in the vast majority of cases cause a different breed isnt just a color morph. You have different color morphs inside breeds, but just for an example from above with the sheeps, tell me how you want to do these guys as color morphs?
Black Ouessant Sheep
1677193432551.png
Cameroon Sheep
1677193458341.png

You see what i mean? Both animals would need different moddels, so unless frontier completly changes up everything we will get one breed and thats it

Some of these sound interesting (Ankole-Watusi and those giant horns)... some may not work (there are many breeds of Zebu, not just one)... and some make me wonder why they couldn't add a wild equivalent (Red Junglefowl over generic chicken, any wild duck over mallard, etc.).
Why do i want the niche wild version when i can have the all present and loaded with cultural signifcance domestic version?
Allmost like getting the Himalayan Brown Bear instead of the European or the Wild Water Buffalo instead of the Domestic one. Good idear to put that general animal in the game, but why do you choose a subspecies thats clearly inferior?

No we cant in the vast majority of cases cause a different breed isnt just a color morph. You have different color morphs inside breeds, but just for an example from above with the sheeps, tell me how you want to do these guys as color morphs?
Black Ouessant Sheep
View attachment 3465422
Cameroon Sheep
View attachment 346543
You see what i mean? Both animals would need different moddels, so unless frontier completly changes up everything we will get one breed and thats it
True that. But not in all cases. Some breeds are very similar to each other and just require some slight color changes

True that. But not in all cases. Some breeds are very similar to each other and just require some slight color changes
Im all for implying more breeds through color morphs, im just saying it isnt actually a sustainable solution and propaply only really usefull for subbreeds, like a black and white variant of the flemish giant rabbit to represent the german giant spot, but thats more of the exception then the rule

I vote yay.

If a scenery pack, I would want -

1. African dwarf goat. The quintessential small zoo animal and with cuteness and color morphs galore.

2. Domestic donkey. I've seen them used by multiple zoos as companion animals for rarer species which would make the useful outside of a farm theme concept.

3. Bird 1. Some kind of waterfowl. A duck. A goose. A swan. We might get waterfowl in another pack, but part of the charm of a decent duck pond is variety and many wild species have domestic versions. Add in a "wildtype" morph and the versatility is endless.

4. Bird 2. A domestic ground bird. I lean towards turkey since they're larger than chickens and we already have an Asian pheasant. Guineafowl would be nice, but the pack is already Africa heavy.

Ex. Budgies

I want domestics, even with the assumption that this is the last year of support and we can only expect ~23 more animals. But I don’t need a lot of them. I can’t remember if I ended up posting this lineup I came up with in one of the other threads recently, but I think the move is to make it a Children Zoo Animal Pack that includes domestics as well as a few common children’s zoo wild species.
  • Nigerian dwarf goat
  • Donkey
  • Kunekune pig
  • Helmeted guineafowl, white stork, black swan, or mallard
  • African crested porcupine
  • Patagonian mara
  • Golden lion tamarin
  • Budgerigar (WE)
This would be such a strong lineup, I think. Three full domestics, but at least two of them have strong enough ties to specific world regions that you can include them in African/Oceanian sections if you felt so compelled. Three exotics which, in addition to being fully usable in a standalone context, blend seamlessly with the domestic lineup as well as other existing children’s zoo mainstays such as the lemurs, otters, wallaby, prairie dog, raccoon, etc. A habitat bird which could again be used in either a domestic or wild context depending on preference, which can also be done with the budgies. Lots of flexibility with such a lineup, and hopefully even those who aren’t a fan of the domestic species would see the utility of it.

I’m not sure if this is too much to ask for, but I’d love for this to be coupled with guest feeding/petting behavior for select species the free update. The way I envision this working is by having purchasable animal feed in the form of lettuce leaves from a new vendor. Guests would be able to feed compatible walkthrough species wherever their paths cross, but we could also have a specific “feeding fence” item added that guests with food and compatible species would be drawn to. Doing it this way, by limiting where they can interact, would cut down on the logistics involved in trying to accommodate weird customs fence setups. Aside from the domestics, I envision the non-moose deer, bison, and giraffes being feedable as those are all common enough in zoos that allow feeding. I’m not sure what else could realistically be included - I definitely wouldn’t want this to allow for miserable roadside zoo setups with people just hurling peanuts at monkeys and bears.

Top Bottom