Fleet Carriers - Patch 3 - Known Issues

And is USELESSLY REDUNDANT while making it a lot easier to goof a menu selection and launch unintentionally.
I find it useful on my fleet carrier, where the fuel and repair services are buried under multiple button presses. What angers me to the point of throwing coffee cups at cats is the stupid "bounce back" bug, where you arrow down to the "Carrier / Station Services", the UI rubber-bands back up to the fuel icon, sometimes multiple times! DRIVES ME NUTS!

iu

My biggest issue with all of this is that the errors were caused (yet again) by knee-jerk reactions to players "making too much money" by you know, spending a lot of time grinding (because grinding is gaming, right FDev?) instead of doing the sane thing and taking a page out of real market history:

Crash Low Temp Diamond values.

That's right, when players are farming and selling 100x more of them than ever, the demand for such a commodity is going to plummet for awhile. Sure, it might climb back up after a bit, or there might be some systems just not getting the sale love that have higher demand...but overall? Value could literally be cut in half, or more.

How would that be more difficult to implement (with a news posting on GalNet even, talking about the sudden market crash!) than whatever butchery was performed here?

And while we're at it, Tritium has been turned into a fresh new money sink - obviously. Crank up the value x10 and then cut the access in half, forcing two things:

1) Players stay in the bubble with their fleet carriers.
2) Along with the expense of upkeep, now you have sizable fuel costs if you want to go anywhere.

I know FDev isn't listening, but I really feel this needs to be said.

Stop. Worrying. About. People. Getting. Rich.

Seriously. As someone with over 3,000 hours (3,524 as of this posting) I've done most if not all there is to do in Elite. But probably around 500-800 hours, I got pretty damned sick and tired of not being able to afford anything.

So I looked up ways to make money fast.

And I did.

OBVIOUSLY this just killed the game for me and I stopped playing...

No. It didn't. I didn't. I played MORE.

Why?

Because I could afford ships whenever I wanted. In fact, I was determined to have ALL the ships, test them out, see how they flew, etc. So I busted to get rank in the Empire (which didn't take too long since I started with them) and then later ground my way through Federal rank.

So, obviously I stopped after that, right?

NO! I kept playing! I enjoy mining so I did a lot of that. I have friends who love combat (not my favorite thing) but I had the money to build a ship that would work for my lackluster combat skills. And we flew around going pew pew pew.

I designed a ship with ridiculously low idle temps for stealth passenger missions - it was a blast! I created a stealth mining siphon ship that was incredibly fun!

I caught the exploration bug and made two different trips to Colonia and Sag A.

And now? Now I'm wanting to go WAY into the black...to do photography of some of the most beautiful things I can find...

All of this with billions of credits to my name.

Getting rich didn't ruin my game experience.

Please of the love of all that is holy, pay attention:

GETTING RICH DID NOT RUIN MY GAME EXPERIENCE.

In fact, even now with everyone crying that they can't afford upkeep on their carriers, or can't even afford one in the first place, I'm flying around with a fully kitted carrier...with a COUPLE OF YEAR'S WORTH of upkeep sitting on the carrier...and I still have several billion pocket money.

I put in a request to fill up my carrier at over double the going rate of Tritium. Why? Because I had the money and didn't feel like ferrying thousands of tons back and forth myself. It got filled overnight. I was happy to help out those commanders and put a little jingle in their pockets.

Oh but surely I got bored being so rich, that I just don't play the game, right?

3,524 hours.

Please, please, please...PAY ATTENTION FDEV:

Getting rich won't make me quit this game.

The lot of you reacting in knee-jerk responses anytime something happens that doesn't go with your EXACT VISION OF WHAT THIS GAME IS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT, will.

You have a great game here. Fill it out. Give us some depth. Some story. Give us some quests. Make us feel like we can do things to make the galaxy a better (or worse) place. Even if it's in small ways.

You have the framework to implement it (chain missions) - just put it to full use.

Give us real rewards for hard quests. Not money, not materials, how about "Here's a fully engineered "A" ranked set of thrusters for your help" or similar?

The possibilities are endless, yet...you all seem terrified to even attempt creating depth, for fear that your images will be marred in the reflecting pool that is Elite.

I am just gonna say it.. and that without reading the entire thread: mining is broken (uhhh, I did say it)

please make Tritium useful for commute not mining profits, if you care disallow trading it, make it only mineable and buyable - I have no better idea but what happened after Patch 3 is simply ridiculous - WE ARE STUCK IN SPACE

I am just gonna say it.. and that without reading the entire thread: mining is broken (uhhh, I did say it)

please make Tritium useful for commute not mining profits, if you care disallow trading it, make it only mineable and buyable - I have no better idea but what happened after Patch 3 is simply ridiculous - WE ARE STUCK IN SPACE

Don't know what you're talking about. I AM NOT STUCK IN SPACE
And I'm always low on Tritium (max. 2 full jumps) and in the middle of The Formidine Rift.
Mining is a challenge right now, but still very doable. If you don't insist on what you're used to from before...

Don't know what you're talking about. I AM NOT STUCK IN SPACE
And I'm always low on Tritium (max. 2 full jumps) and in the middle of The Formidine Rift.
Mining is a challenge right now, but still very doable. If you don't insist on what you're used to from before...

I do insist :)
More serious: IMO Fleet Carrier fuel should be just easy to obtain, it is enough that we have to mine (instead instead of just exploring and fly on air).. why make it so challenging?

SSD - works more or less with a lot less of sources per rock. Laser mining was destroyed though. I do not want to argue, but being in overlapping hotspots and having no content of the material that the hotspot is dedicated to or really only one per ~10 rocks does not seem right

SSD mining is tedious and very exhausting
I might be another crying baby here, but just wanted to voice opinion of the side that is super upset with this "modification"

You can mine plenty of Triutum.

After reports of Tri SSD spawnin in LTD hotspot,
I tried mining in... LTD/Tritium overlap (yes, bizarre idea).
Over 50% of rocks had 2-5(!) SSD Tritium deposits.
And this is what i usually got after firing prospectors:

unknown.png

After uploading logs to mining analyzer, calculated statistics look like this:

unknown.png

PS. Before someone point this out:
yes, this i a relatively short run,
no, it wasn't a extraordinary lucky streak.

I have logs from longer runs, I will be able to upload them to analyzer when I get home from work. There is simply so much of Tri SSD there, that you can mine much more then 250t/hour : i am pretty lousy SSD miner, wasted some charges, so this hourly rate is actually LOWER then a good miner could squeeze from this spot.

Improvise, adapt, overcome.

If usual approach doesn't work, try "crazy" ideas, like SSD mining Tri in LTD/Tri overlap.

Last edited:
This is the system where I found Tri/LTD overlap and decided to make a test run.

You surely don't have to fly so far away, I was on an exploring trip anyway.

PS. Tri SSDs here have respawned after relog.
Of course you don't have to use any glitches/exploits if so many rocks have Tri SSD.

unknown.png

Just introduce a mining extractor beam module to FC itself, let it mine itself while we do some other work! instead we go and mine and you nerf it! there can be time shown on FC how long to fill it up.

You can mine plenty of Triutum.

After reports of Tri SSD spawnin in LTD hotspot,
I tried mining in... LTD/Tritium overlap (yes, bizarre idea).
Over 50% of rocks had 2-5(!) SSD Tritium deposits.
And this is what i usually got after firing prospectors:

unknown.png

After uploading logs to mining analyzer, calculated statistics look like this:

unknown.png

Improvise, adapt, overcome.

If usual approach doesn't work, try "crazy" ideas, like SSD mining Tri in LTD/Tri overlap.
cool

what about who are stuck in deep space where we dont find these things

I've been tweeting David Braben on the lack of communication by his developers for ED. I figure if we try to reach out to David via twitter, maybe he'll push his devs to finally respond to us. Sucks being ignored after a disaster patch like this. Especially those of us with a FC dead in the water (so to speak).

cool

what about who are stuck in deep space where we dont find these things

I am still not sure if this spot being a LTD / Tri overlap really has any impact : try to test "normal" LTD hotspots for Tri SSDs.

The math behind RNG seem to be somehow "manually" tinkered with by programmers, what caused bizarre overrepresentation of some OTHER mineral instead of the one that should be plenty in HS judging by it's name.

If I had more time I would just do test runs in every type of HS to check what is spawning instead of expected type of mineral.

Last edited:
I even consider the option, that FD programmers have somehow messed indexing of some tables so the HS are mixed up.

I had a lot of ALEXANDRITE cores in this specific LTD/Tri overlap - don't ask me why, this is just an observation.

Edit: I have just read some reports suggesting, that Alexandrite cores are spawning in every HS - probably with exception of Alexandrite HS ;)

Maybe there is a bug causing them to be spawned instead of correct mineral core?

Last edited:
This is the system where I found Tri/LTD overlap and decided to make a test run.

You surely don't have to fly so far away, I was on an exploring trip anyway.

PS. Tri SSDs here have respawned after relog.
Of course you don't have to use any glitches/exploits if so many rocks have Tri SSD.

unknown.png

Thank you for the hint.. but y'all have to admit it is just a workaround. I (and my crew which is another 4 commander mining day and night) expect FDev to address it either way

;)

Top Bottom