Fleet Carriers - Patch 3 - Known Issues

You can mine plenty of Triutum.

After reports of Tri SSD spawnin in LTD hotspot,
I tried mining in... LTD/Tritium overlap (yes, bizarre idea).
Over 50% of rocks had 2-5(!) SSD Tritium deposits.
And this is what i usually got after firing prospectors:

unknown.png

After uploading logs to mining analyzer, calculated statistics look like this:

unknown.png

PS. Before someone point this out:
yes, this i a relatively short run,
no, it wasn't a extraordinary lucky streak.

I have logs from longer runs, I will be able to upload them to analyzer when I get home from work. There is simply so much of Tri SSD there, that you can mine much more then 250t/hour : i am pretty lousy SSD miner, wasted some charges, so this hourly rate is actually LOWER then a good miner could squeeze from this spot.

Improvise, adapt, overcome.

If usual approach doesn't work, try "crazy" ideas, like SSD mining Tri in LTD/Tri overlap.

Last edited:
This is the system where I found Tri/LTD overlap and decided to make a test run.

You surely don't have to fly so far away, I was on an exploring trip anyway.

PS. Tri SSDs here have respawned after relog.
Of course you don't have to use any glitches/exploits if so many rocks have Tri SSD.

unknown.png

Just introduce a mining extractor beam module to FC itself, let it mine itself while we do some other work! instead we go and mine and you nerf it! there can be time shown on FC how long to fill it up.

You can mine plenty of Triutum.

After reports of Tri SSD spawnin in LTD hotspot,
I tried mining in... LTD/Tritium overlap (yes, bizarre idea).
Over 50% of rocks had 2-5(!) SSD Tritium deposits.
And this is what i usually got after firing prospectors:

unknown.png

After uploading logs to mining analyzer, calculated statistics look like this:

unknown.png

Improvise, adapt, overcome.

If usual approach doesn't work, try "crazy" ideas, like SSD mining Tri in LTD/Tri overlap.
cool

what about who are stuck in deep space where we dont find these things

I've been tweeting David Braben on the lack of communication by his developers for ED. I figure if we try to reach out to David via twitter, maybe he'll push his devs to finally respond to us. Sucks being ignored after a disaster patch like this. Especially those of us with a FC dead in the water (so to speak).

cool

what about who are stuck in deep space where we dont find these things

I am still not sure if this spot being a LTD / Tri overlap really has any impact : try to test "normal" LTD hotspots for Tri SSDs.

The math behind RNG seem to be somehow "manually" tinkered with by programmers, what caused bizarre overrepresentation of some OTHER mineral instead of the one that should be plenty in HS judging by it's name.

If I had more time I would just do test runs in every type of HS to check what is spawning instead of expected type of mineral.

Last edited:
I even consider the option, that FD programmers have somehow messed indexing of some tables so the HS are mixed up.

I had a lot of ALEXANDRITE cores in this specific LTD/Tri overlap - don't ask me why, this is just an observation.

Edit: I have just read some reports suggesting, that Alexandrite cores are spawning in every HS - probably with exception of Alexandrite HS ;)

Maybe there is a bug causing them to be spawned instead of correct mineral core?

Last edited:
This is the system where I found Tri/LTD overlap and decided to make a test run.

You surely don't have to fly so far away, I was on an exploring trip anyway.

PS. Tri SSDs here have respawned after relog.
Of course you don't have to use any glitches/exploits if so many rocks have Tri SSD.

unknown.png

Thank you for the hint.. but y'all have to admit it is just a workaround. I (and my crew which is another 4 commander mining day and night) expect FDev to address it either way

;)

Thank you for the hint.. but y'all have to admit it is just a workaround. I (and my crew which is another 4 commander mining day and night) expect FDev to address it either way

;)

Of course this is a temporary workaround - for those who are really stuck in space with no Tritium onboard and don't want to wait till FD fixes "normal", predictable Tritium mining.

Dropping to several hotspots/overlaps combos and shooting a few salvos of prospector towards yellowy glowing rocks is not SO time consuming, and as my example shows, can give surprising but useful results.

Of course this is a temporary workaround - for those who are really stuck in space with no Tritium onboard and don't want to wait till FD fixes "normal", predictable Tritium mining.

Dropping to several hotspots/overlaps combos and shooting a few salvos of prospector towards yellowy glowing rocks is not SO time consuming, and as my example shows, can give very interesting and useful results.

Agree, though the crew is frustrated and as of now we will just give it a time hoping that there is any solution coming soon from FDev

Agree, though the crew is frustrated and as of now we will just give it a time if there is any solution coming from FDev soon

I personally like a lot when a bizarre and theoretically senseless idea turns out to be a brilliant one, because of some unknown factors we had no chance to know ;)

IRL even more than in game:)

Just looked at the update...

Oh dear...
Yep... Not really any information, but at last a we-are-still-alive signal, which is good in some way. Better than more silence. Maybe the Devs should take more showers. The best ideas come while taking a shower or a bath (True story: I found a solution for an aspect of my diploma thesis while taking a shower).
And maybe FD should share these ideas with us BEFORE they are implemented and break everything related AND UNRELATED. The community has also brilliant minds, which may help finding a propper way of fixing things. Yes, wouldn't tell this, if FD had not been proven of not having the skillset to get things fixed and tested on their own - see the last updates among the last years in terms of bugfixing, codemanagement etc.

Hey Commanders,

We have an update on our progress on the OP!

Thanks
Sir, thank you for the information.

But would you be willing to say what FDev is actually looking to 'fix'?

Tritium seems to be the biggest issue, but the fact that hot spots, single, seem to be borked, i.e. your more likely to find Alexandrite when going to a hotspot that isn't Alexandrite seems like a big bug, but that hasn't been officially acknowledged as an issue.

wait.. that's the update? i am confusion.. did i miss something?

First message: We know something is bugged, but we need to look at stuff to come up with a patch.

Second update: We looked at stuff, and am working on a patch.

this is good news! means, they are trying to communicate. let's be patient and wait until they complete the work, and then we will know what's all in it.

Top Bottom