Free Update Meta-Wishlist

on this topic the ability to make custom maps.
How I want it to work is for the game to take an overhead screenshot of the zoo and provide you simple editing tools to make a map which can then be put on billboards and would even work when the zoo is on the workshop
There could also be the option to have barriers highlighted in the screen shot. I'd imagine they would be added to information stalls and gift shops, and could have a photo overlayed on them like with billboards. This could be accessed in the guest tab, and can help guests stay in the zoo for longer. They could add silhouettes of each animal that could be downloaded to help create the maps too, although that may be pushing it.

on this topic the ability to make custom maps.
How I want it to work is for the game to take an overhead screenshot of the zoo and provide you simple editing tools to make a map which can then be put on billboards and would even work when the zoo is on the workshop
If they decide to add more online features to the game like maybe active trading or active visiting by players this could also be a really great way to advertise a complete zoo to other players as well.

If they decide to add more online features to the game like maybe active trading or active visiting by players this could also be a really great way to advertise a complete zoo to other players as well.

I second this; so many other games allow you to actively visit other parks
How would we imagine active trading? Just so I can get a clear idea for the description.

Last edited:
How would we imagine active trading? Just so I can get a clear idea for the description.

Some Kind of Friends List or maybe connecting it to the Steam Friends List

Well, I have a few thoughts on that. Urufu's thought using the Friends list or Steam friends list was one of them as sort of the rudimentary way Frontier could dip their toe in the water. However, I think to flesh something more out they should keep the current model and have that as the 'open trading' option, then they could add a new feature that could be like a Zoo Network, this would be where you see a list of zoos, as well as the franchise who owns them, maybe filtered by connectivity. Here there could be small zoo profiles where you see the billboard-like picture of the zoo mentioned earlier in this thread as well as some basic stats about the zoo like guest, education, staff, and animal rating, maybe also like a financial rating as well. From this profile, you could visit random player zoos and or directly engage in a trade request for animals they labeled available for trade in their storage. There could be other basic features too like clicking on a franchise to see all of their zoos, favoriting someone's zoo for later, or maybe even the option to give a rating for some conservation credits. You could also filter the list through different means, rating level, locality, length of time in service, type of animal for trade, etc.

Last edited:
There are a couple of ways one is to be able to trade directly with steam friends another would be to set up a more complex trade system where players and or zoos can get profiles that you can just browse and search for specific players or trade scenarios such as being able not only to sell but swap animals as well similar.

I would also just like more community building aspects in general such as the ability to visit peoples zoos it could involve a ranking system where players who visit can upvote zoos they like and they are featured in a weekly top 10 whilst also having the ability to search for specific peoples zoos and the ability to visit a random zoo.

They could partially rework the Eucalyptus Tree Feeder so that Koalas can sleep in there after feeding. This could increase how long they sleep for as well as keeping them in trees for longer. It could also work as a hard shelter option, so that they stay on the ground less. The feeder should also supply all the Koala's water needs, although it may already do that.

September 2023.jpg

41 days later, the wishlist has been updated! We start the new year with 300 suggestions and by the end i fear we will surpass the animal wishlists with the sheer amount of suggestions we all keep coming up with, I honestly don't know how we do it 😂. 2 clear changes to the wishlist has been made: Animal reworks and all changes to animals themselves are now in a seperate category of their own - much easier to see with dlc and base game animals split up. The other change is now the addition of specific foliage requests which can include any foliage you want - anything that fits on the foliage meta-wishlist is suitable for this wishlist as aswell considering that wishlist seems to be dead.

The really dont leave the coast much there is a reason they are called saltwater crocodiles they regularly spend days out at sea and are the least terrestrial crocodilians. They may touch some grasslands outskirts in northern australia and india but they are by no means well into the outback.
The least terrestrial Crocodilian is the Gharial. Also the majority of their range in Australia is classified as a Savannah, so I second this, they should have the Grassland Tag. Even the Axolotl, which is entirely Aquatic, also has Terrestrial Tags for the region they are in.

• Allow salties to have multiple members in enclosure - unless I'm mistaking them with another species, everytime I see an enclosure with saltwater crocodiles (in a video or something), there are multiple crocs, not just 2
Salties are extremely Territorial, arguably the most territorial of all crocs. It is actually quite accurate that their Adult Group Size Limit is 2, similar to Big Cats. Proper housing requires them to be housed in Pairs or Alone. The videos you've seen are either of Subpar Facilities or Siamese Hybrids.

• Increase maximum population size of Saltwater Crocodile to at least 10 (institutions such as Crocodile Cove Darwin have around 30 crocodiles in one habitat; this should be reflected.
Those are Juveniles/Subadults. The same can be achieved in PZ currently.

1705358392455.png

1705358497685.png

Here's an example of a facility holding dozens of Tigers together, but this isn't the norm, even Ethically Questionable. You could perhaps find Subpar Facilities attempting to hold many Adult Salties together as well, but it isn't ethical. In fact, unlike Tigers, I'm not even sure this is doable with Salties, they'd probably just kill one another in such a confined space.

1705358347076.png

In fact, they're found in cold areas, too, or at least areas that freeze over in winter, so let them tolerate a bit colder temperatures
Sorry for the double post. Saw this after posting.

When the weather is that cold, they are always in water and even if the surface freezes over, the water itself is still over freezing, which is usually 4 degrees Celsius (40 F?), even under the Ice. If I remember correctly Gators in the game do ok until 1 Degrees Celsius, so it seems fine to me as it is right now.

By the way, Captain, I will submit my own List, so you can ignore my comments here and there.

Walkthrough feed (This would be a new shop/stall/vending machine that gives guests a bag of feed. They can then feed certain walkthrough animals with unique animations)
Just to be clear, when I said this I meant habitat animals. On the whishlist it says for exhibit which I disagree with. It would just be another way guests can feed habitat animals.

Top Bottom