Free Update Meta-Wishlist

Another possible feature would be to do a full animation rework of many of the base-game animals, as many involve clipping, as can be seen with the Gemsbok below.
Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 6.59.32 pm.png

Image credit - Virtualist

Last edited:
Also a controversial idea: When you buy an animal with multiple biomes/continents on hard mode, they would have biome preferences. If the animal is put in a habitat with specifically those plants and temperatures, they will have more welfare, and vice versa. Animals would not be able to prefer Aquatic, only the other 6 biomes. For instance, if a Red Fox was bought, it could have the preference to be in North America Desert, and if you put it in Asian Taiga it could be mildly upset. I understand that this would be game changing, so that's why I've limited the idea to hard mode.

Also a controversial idea: When you buy an animal with multiple biomes/continents on hard mode, they would have biome preferences. If the animal is put in a habitat with specifically those plants and temperatures, they will have more welfare, and vice versa. Animals would not be able to prefer Aquatic, only the other 6 biomes. For instance, if a Red Fox was bought, it could have the preference to be in North America Desert, and if you put it in Asian Taiga it could be mildly upset. I understand that this would be game changing, so that's why I've limited the idea to hard mode.
I get the idea but this overall makes no sense because the foliage list is already in of itself a list of what the animal prefers a red fox will do just as well in the north american desert as the asian taiga having a biome preference ontop of a biome preference doesnt make much sense.
Also frontier uses biome combinations to make lazy alternatives to certain real biomes such as scrublands animals being mostly represented by grasslands plus desert combos or tropical grasslands animals having both tags.
besides people already ignore and complain about existing foliage requirements which barely lower welfare to the point that if not on hard animals can do perfectly fie in the complete wrong biome and continent.

A modified idea of plants that share multiple biomes or continents in common with the animal boosting welfare might be a good idea though so if an animal lives in both the tundra and taiga a plant that also lives in both would benefit more than a plant that just lives in one.

I'm not sure how useful this would be, but maybe the addition to having custom XYZ axis angles would be nice (I think?). So you know when you put down a prop and want to move it in a certain direction, but neither the relative nor world axis really point in the direction you want, so you have to push it around in a few directions to get it close to where you want it, especially if the piece you're moving is angled already so that just makes it even more awkward to move. You could toggle between a custom, relative, and world axes. (I woke up this morning with this idea in my head for some reason, so I'm not sure if it would be the most useful).

Also, another suggestion would be to have a more clear indication of whether you're on the relative or world axis while building. There's been a few times I was building something only for it to be not lined up at all, because at one point in another build I turned on world axis mode.

Sorry if my wording is weird, I'm still tired from waking up at 4:30 for no reason at all

I'm not sure how useful this would be, but maybe the addition to having custom XYZ axis angles would be nice (I think?). So you know when you put down a prop and want to move it in a certain direction, but neither the relative nor world axis really point in the direction you want, so you have to push it around in a few directions to get it close to where you want it, especially if the piece you're moving is angled already so that just makes it even more awkward to move. You could toggle between a custom, relative, and world axes. (I woke up this morning with this idea in my head for some reason, so I'm not sure if it would be the most useful).

Also, another suggestion would be to have a more clear indication of whether you're on the relative or world axis while building. There's been a few times I was building something only for it to be not lined up at all, because at one point in another build I turned on world axis mode.

Sorry if my wording is weird, I'm still tired from waking up at 4:30 for no reason at all
3 piece custom fences are my most hated object in the game to duplicate since the axis is always messed up. Good idea, some times 4am thoughts are the best.

Oh I like this idea a lot!

I would like to upvote the following suggestions. I also apologize for choosing so many ideas but many of them are really great.

• Plantpedia - Like the zoopedia, introduce a brand new way to introduce foliage to your zoo! From specific biome plants, realistic ranges in continents and even if you wonder if an introduced plant is featured in your zoo region.
  • Egg Laying - Add some realism for our birds and reptiles. Birds and reptiles lay eggs in habitat nests and these will eventually hatch into baby animals.
  • Thememakers toolkit - Like in planet coaster, the toolkit is an invalauble addition to the workshop. 3D models can be imported into the game to make that niche scenery piece you always wanted.
  • Animal rescues and adoption - A franchise orientated addition (but not limited to franchise) is to include the option for players to rescue animals. If rescued animals are treated well, the zoo may get an option to adopt these animals rather than returning them to the wild.
  • Scaling - Some scenery and nature items suffer from being too large or too small, add a slideable toggle to change the size of objects.
  • Exhibits
    • Exhibit Overhaul - One of the most needed reworks regarding animals is a complete overhaul to the exhibit boxes (not the walkthrough exhibit). The most noted issue regarding exhibits is the size of the exhibit box. While suitable for the larger species like iguana and anaconda, a 4x4 metre box is way too big to spot any of the smaller species like insects, axolotl among others. To solve this we could get a modular system to allow small boxes, medium size boxes and large boxes for each animal needs. Another feature desired is the need for null exhibit walls, let us remove the wall entirely like the walkthrough exhibit can do.
    • Interchangeable exhibit biomes - With some animals having several biomes attached, the option to swap between biome designs inside the box would be another wonder for the exhibit box.
    • Non Walkthrough exhibit - Allow us to get rid of the path in the walkthrough exhibit via a toggle or add another walkthrough exhibit.
    • Free the Iguana - Add an option to allow the iguana to be used as a habitat animal.
    • Multi exhibit species - Similar to the butterflies in the walkthrough exhibit, allow the possibility of having multi species inside the exhibit box such as poison frogs.
    • Exhibit Species Management system - Add an automated management system to exhibits to prevent the spam of exhibit notificiations.
    • Mixed Walkthrough Exhibits - Allow more mixed selection of animals for the walkthrough exhibit..
    • Sexual Dimophism for Exhibit Animals - Some animals that have sexual dimorphism in real life are not correctly portrayed. Examples of this include the danube crested newt.
  • Habitats
    • Feeders
      • Realistic Feeders - Feeders especially for herbivores are quite unrealistic. The choice of feeders for herbivores should come in all shapes and sizes.
      • Elevated Feeders - Either as a new feeder or altering existing feeders, allow feeders to be refilled by keepers at the habitat gate. This will also arboreal animals to eat in elevated positions rather than eating off the ground.
      • Small feeder for prairie dogs - Allow the prairie dog to use a smaller feeder than what is currently used.
      • Food Scatters - There should be an option for keepers to place several food piles or scatters around a habitat, placing food only in one area is annoying at times.
      • 2 metre arboreal feeding platform - A easy fix for realistic feeders is making an arboreal feeder simply half the size.
    • Behaviours
      • Pangolin Climbing - Allow the chinese pangolin to climb.
      • New underwater behaviours for hippos - Add new underwater and breaching behaviours such as the traditional posture in the water with the head poking out.
      • Climbing for monitors - Climbing should be allowed for nile, asian water monitors and komodo dragons.
      • Playful fighting - Animals should also playfully fight as a natural behaviour, not every form of fighting should be aggressive.
      • Some animals should not be stressed by guests - Some animals are more suitable to be around crowds such as domestic animals.
      • Animals carry young in pouches - Allow animals that can carry animals in their pouches to carry their young around the habitat.
    • Variations
      • Variation of external features - Horns, antlers, tusks, manes and tails are unique to each animal. Allow a variation of each for each animal to be unique.
      • Seasonal Coat - Allow suitable animals to change coats naturally when season changes.
    • Enrichment
      • New Enrichment
        • New Scratching trees for remaining biomes
        • Larger hollow log enrichment
      • Existing Enrichment
        • Interspecies animations between interspecies enrichment - Allow animals who come under the interspecies tab to interact with each other.
        • Allow Aardvark and Sloth Bear to use natural termite mound
        • Different Sizes of forage pool and box
        • Larger Size for the Mud Bath
        • Takin to use Goat Mountain
        • More animals use dingo pool
  • Animal Market
    • Option to hide certain animals - Allow a toggle for certain animals to avoid triggering phobias, spiders is the main one i can think of here.
    • Limit prices on animal type - Certain animals should not cost as much as they should especially in franchise, have limits on how much an animal can actually sell for to represent their actual worth.
  • Minor Changes
    • Walkthrough status
      • North American Beaver should not be walkthrough - Beavers can be aggressive when people get too close to beavers.
    • Habitat Requirements
      • Reduce habitat space for hippopotamus - Decrease requirements for the hippo like how the polar bear was fixed.
      • Reduce habitat space for platypus - Reduce the required space for the platypus, especially the land requirements.
    • Animal tags
      • Add desert biome to Jaguar - Jaguar can be seen in the north of mexico and even in southern usa, add a desert tag to represent this.
      • Add tropical biome to american alligator - The alligator can be found in swamps, marshes and similar areas, these are classed as a tropical region.
    • Animal Appeal
      • Giant Panda should have highest appeal - Giant pandas are without a doubt the single most popular zoo animal. This should be represented by the single highest species appeal.
    • Interspecies Enrichment
      • Interspecies enrichment between hippo and rhino - Add interspecies enrichment for the white rhino and the common hippo.
      • Interspecies enrichment between quokka and wallaby - Add interspecies enrichment to allow the quokka and red necked wallaby to be in the same habitat together.
    • Animal Group Sizes
      • Allow more than 2 saltwater crocodile per habitat - Surely a big habitat for crocodiles can house more than 2 salties?
    • Zoopedia Fixes
      • Zoopedia maps fix - Zoopedia maps for certain animals do not match the current range of the animals. These include indian elephant, king penguin, african lion, greater flamingo, bongo, european peacock butterfly, Bactrian camel
    • IUCN Status
      • Monarch butterfly - The subspecies of the monarch butterfly should be changed or the iucn status of the monarch butterfly should be changed to least concern
Other Fixes
  • Decrease size of animal hitboxes - It is obvious many animals suffer from huge hitboxes especially ungulates, revise the size needed for these hitboxes to allow realistic sized shelter doors to be usuable for animals, it isn't fun building huge doors for small animals.
  • Plants
    • More Broken trees, branches and saplings - Variety when it comes to small trees is lacking right now. Broken trees of small and large trees are needed, more branches for natural climbing frames for habitats and even more choice of saplings. Not every zoo has several hundred year of trees everywhere.
    • Flexicolor Foliage - Focused mainly on temperate biomes, the option of flexicolor to trees and other foliage objects that appear in different colors will allow us to make seasonal zoos.
    • Foliage Brush - One of the major issues when planting large areas to fill up empty spaces in our zoos or large habitats is the ability to create a natural looking nature area. A foliage brush that comes with settings on intensity, biome and plant type will allow everyone to make wonderful nature areas with little effort.
    • Toggle foliage hitbox to null - Allow us to bypass foliage hitboxes by adding a null option. This will allow plants like elephant grass, bamboo and even small bushes to be passable or at least walk by them closely.
    • Traversable tag for all foliage - Allow us to filter out hard hitbox foliage for easier choice when selecting foliage for habitats.
  • Rocks
    • Faux Rock walls - Add new faux rocks that are like a wall. Making faux rock walls is piece heavy and would be great for a larger piece to do this in one go.
  • Gardens
    • Flexicolor Mulch or Sand Mulch - Allow the mulch pieces to be flexicolor to represent different kinds of soils. If not possible even a sand mulch will be much more suitable for arid climates or even desert areas within a zoo.
  • Terrain Tools
    • Make Water Bodies Frozen - Add the ability to freeze our water for colder biomes or even just another selection in the water body setting
  • Signs and Statues
    • Consistent Signage and statues for all animals
  • Scenery Item Requests
    • New fonts
    • More custom signs
  • Paths
    • Null elevated path - While the null path is a fantastic feature for natural areas in zoos, it would be even better if a null elevated path could be added. This removes the rather bulky underside of the path allowing us to make custom bridges and overhead walkways without much concern. As funny as it would be, we could also have guests walking over water.
    • Null Staff Path - Another path improvement would be null staff paths, for those who would rather scenery pieces or just terrain paint to mark a staff path rather than having the textured planet zoo path.
    • One way path - Stop guests from blocking the way and direct them with a new one way path! Handy for walkthrough habitats, walkthrough exhibits and everywhere that guests feel the need to suddenly change directions.
    • Select path in small sections - When making complex path intersections or plazas, allow us to select path areas in smaller sections so we can repaint sections without the entire curve turn into the new path surface.
  • Maps
    • Map Customisation - Total overhaul of map creation with lots of customisation options including a wider range of map skirts including a flat option for every biome. Not all tropical zoos need towering mountains as a background. Also we know its not possible to use all possible map paints in a single map but the way planet coaster allowed us to choose paints on zoo creation was better than the current system of locked paints behind biome maps.
    • City Map - Who doesn't love having a city in the middle of nowhere. How about a new map for all biomes that includes a city surrounding our zoo.
    • Larger terrain tools - If we want to landscape a very large area of the map, we need larger tools to work with
    • Square terrain tools - While round tools are useful for most applications, precise terrain landscaping requires a square tool
    • Coastal biome skirt - Add a new true coastal skirt with no land visible outside the island, the oceania skirt did not address this suggestion
  • Food and drink shops
    • New Tables for restaurants - More variety when it comes to table design is important to make restaurants stand out. The picnic tables have a fantastic choice so restaurants could benefit as well.
  • Gift Shops
    • Gift shop items for each animal group - Add more plushies, tshirts, mugs and other assorted items to allow us to represent a much wider variety of animals in our gift shops.
    • New plushies each update - Add at least one or 2 plushies for new animals featured in new dlc.
  • Placeables
    • Binoculars - The view from here is terrible! Well how about you grab the finest pair of binoculars from our newest placeable stand, now your guests can see your rhinos all way at the back of your savanna habitat.
    • Elevators - Like the restaurant spawn, place two elevator buildings on the same vertical path to join up. This will allow guests to can access to different levels when there is no room for stairs or even give wheelchairs users (feature pending) a chance without risking injury.
    • Maps for guests - Add a placeable info stand full of maps for our guests. These maps improve pathfinding and the time it takes for guests to reach a location.
    • Rooftop Solar Panels - Add a new variation of the solar panel building by introducing a rooftop only solar panel which does not require staff to interact with it, maybe a nearby panel at ground level can be used for maintainance.
  • Zoo Entrances:
    • Dedicated Entry and Exit Gates - Allow us to place seperate entrance and exit gates to better manage guest traffic or allow us to make guests exit the zoo on the opposite side so no backtracking is needed for guests
  • Staff Buildings:
    • Incubation Center - The most game friendly method to introduce egg laying for birds, egg laying mammals and reptiles would be a building that functions very much like a vet building. Similar to the existing birth routine, the animals enter the cycle of birth, a vet is alerted to the habitat and the vet then carries the egg to the incubation center. The vet attends the building to hatch the egg in time then returns to the habitat with a new hatched animal.
  • Media devices
    • New kinds of education stations with customisation - Introduce new kinds of education stations which are a great way to interactivity to your zoos.
  • Add more than one habitat gate - Allow for more than one habitat gate for single habitats. This can be useful for large habitats where it is not useful for staff to return to the exact same entrance, this could allow 2 staff areas to prevent staff from being overworked.
  • More walkthrough doors - While the wooden door is nice enough for forest and 'rustic' style habitats, a wider variety of doors will enhance our walkthrough habitats.
  • More barrier types - Add more default barrier types such as wooden planks, iron bars or natural rock
  • Barrier escape overhaul - Why does a lemur escaping have the same penalty as a lion escaping? I know lemurs can harass your african penguins a little too much, but come on a lion should impose a much greater threat so this should be represented.
  • Inner habitat gates - Let us manage populations within a single habitat by adding a functional animal gate to divide say gender ratios to prevent fighting or breeding.
  • Short walkthrough habitat gate - Like the short version of the keeper habitat gate, add a shorter version of the walkthrough habitat gate for guests.
  • Playgrounds and Splash pads - Playgrounds are an essential part of a zoo whether its just a basic swing set or an entire climbing course through the trees. In theory the playground can work similar to a restaurant where guests spawn in the playground to play while the parents take some time off on some nearby benches. Splash pads are also interactive and also help guests cool down in hot climates.
  • Active Trading - Allow direct trading to either a pool of randomly selected zoos or using friend groups like the steam friends list to trade specific animals that are requested currently by that zoo.
  • Visiting a players zoo - Allow us to actively visit a persons zoo without the need to download a workshop item.
  • Multiplayer - Introduce multiplayer so that another person can build along with us.
  • Zoopedia Order
    • Correct zoopedia order - For several languages, the correct order of animals in the zoopedia is incorrect.
  • Control the Sun - Add a new weather control to move the position of the sun to vastly improve the lighting of our zoos.
  • Optimisation - There is always a need for Optimisation improvements to the game, those with lower end computers or larger zoos continue to have poor performance.
  • Improved Obstructed Error - Improve the annoying obstructed error by highlighting the exact error that causes this. At times it can be near impossible to figure out what exactly is causing this.
  • Fix terrace tool for temperate maps - Fix the terrain of temperate maps so that we can use the terrace tool.
  • Shop Signs too big - Fix the cosmic cow and monsieur frites small shop signs being too big
  • Indonesian Bin Name Fix - The indonesian bin is just called "indonesian", it does not come up in a search for bins.
  • Alphabetical Sorting - Fix how the game sorts out alphabetical lists

I would like to upvote the following suggestions. I also apologize for choosing so many ideas but many of them are really great.

• Plantpedia - Like the zoopedia, introduce a brand new way to introduce foliage to your zoo! From specific biome plants, realistic ranges in continents and even if you wonder if an introduced plant is featured in your zoo region.
  • Egg Laying - Add some realism for our birds and reptiles. Birds and reptiles lay eggs in habitat nests and these will eventually hatch into baby animals.
  • Thememakers toolkit - Like in planet coaster, the toolkit is an invalauble addition to the workshop. 3D models can be imported into the game to make that niche scenery piece you always wanted.
  • Animal rescues and adoption - A franchise orientated addition (but not limited to franchise) is to include the option for players to rescue animals. If rescued animals are treated well, the zoo may get an option to adopt these animals rather than returning them to the wild.
  • Scaling - Some scenery and nature items suffer from being too large or too small, add a slideable toggle to change the size of objects.
  • Exhibits
    • Exhibit Overhaul - One of the most needed reworks regarding animals is a complete overhaul to the exhibit boxes (not the walkthrough exhibit). The most noted issue regarding exhibits is the size of the exhibit box. While suitable for the larger species like iguana and anaconda, a 4x4 metre box is way too big to spot any of the smaller species like insects, axolotl among others. To solve this we could get a modular system to allow small boxes, medium size boxes and large boxes for each animal needs. Another feature desired is the need for null exhibit walls, let us remove the wall entirely like the walkthrough exhibit can do.
    • Interchangeable exhibit biomes - With some animals having several biomes attached, the option to swap between biome designs inside the box would be another wonder for the exhibit box.
    • Non Walkthrough exhibit - Allow us to get rid of the path in the walkthrough exhibit via a toggle or add another walkthrough exhibit.
    • Free the Iguana - Add an option to allow the iguana to be used as a habitat animal.
    • Multi exhibit species - Similar to the butterflies in the walkthrough exhibit, allow the possibility of having multi species inside the exhibit box such as poison frogs.
    • Exhibit Species Management system - Add an automated management system to exhibits to prevent the spam of exhibit notificiations.
    • Mixed Walkthrough Exhibits - Allow more mixed selection of animals for the walkthrough exhibit..
    • Sexual Dimophism for Exhibit Animals - Some animals that have sexual dimorphism in real life are not correctly portrayed. Examples of this include the danube crested newt.
  • Habitats
    • Feeders
      • Realistic Feeders - Feeders especially for herbivores are quite unrealistic. The choice of feeders for herbivores should come in all shapes and sizes.
      • Elevated Feeders - Either as a new feeder or altering existing feeders, allow feeders to be refilled by keepers at the habitat gate. This will also arboreal animals to eat in elevated positions rather than eating off the ground.
      • Small feeder for prairie dogs - Allow the prairie dog to use a smaller feeder than what is currently used.
      • Food Scatters - There should be an option for keepers to place several food piles or scatters around a habitat, placing food only in one area is annoying at times.
      • 2 metre arboreal feeding platform - A easy fix for realistic feeders is making an arboreal feeder simply half the size.
    • Behaviours
      • Pangolin Climbing - Allow the chinese pangolin to climb.
      • New underwater behaviours for hippos - Add new underwater and breaching behaviours such as the traditional posture in the water with the head poking out.
      • Climbing for monitors - Climbing should be allowed for nile, asian water monitors and komodo dragons.
      • Playful fighting - Animals should also playfully fight as a natural behaviour, not every form of fighting should be aggressive.
      • Some animals should not be stressed by guests - Some animals are more suitable to be around crowds such as domestic animals.
      • Animals carry young in pouches - Allow animals that can carry animals in their pouches to carry their young around the habitat.
    • Variations
      • Variation of external features - Horns, antlers, tusks, manes and tails are unique to each animal. Allow a variation of each for each animal to be unique.
      • Seasonal Coat - Allow suitable animals to change coats naturally when season changes.
    • Enrichment
      • New Enrichment
        • New Scratching trees for remaining biomes
        • Larger hollow log enrichment
      • Existing Enrichment
        • Interspecies animations between interspecies enrichment - Allow animals who come under the interspecies tab to interact with each other.
        • Allow Aardvark and Sloth Bear to use natural termite mound
        • Different Sizes of forage pool and box
        • Larger Size for the Mud Bath
        • Takin to use Goat Mountain
        • More animals use dingo pool
  • Animal Market
    • Option to hide certain animals - Allow a toggle for certain animals to avoid triggering phobias, spiders is the main one i can think of here.
    • Limit prices on animal type - Certain animals should not cost as much as they should especially in franchise, have limits on how much an animal can actually sell for to represent their actual worth.
  • Minor Changes
    • Walkthrough status
      • North American Beaver should not be walkthrough - Beavers can be aggressive when people get too close to beavers.
    • Habitat Requirements
      • Reduce habitat space for hippopotamus - Decrease requirements for the hippo like how the polar bear was fixed.
      • Reduce habitat space for platypus - Reduce the required space for the platypus, especially the land requirements.
    • Animal tags
      • Add desert biome to Jaguar - Jaguar can be seen in the north of mexico and even in southern usa, add a desert tag to represent this.
      • Add tropical biome to american alligator - The alligator can be found in swamps, marshes and similar areas, these are classed as a tropical region.
    • Animal Appeal
      • Giant Panda should have highest appeal - Giant pandas are without a doubt the single most popular zoo animal. This should be represented by the single highest species appeal.
    • Interspecies Enrichment
      • Interspecies enrichment between hippo and rhino - Add interspecies enrichment for the white rhino and the common hippo.
      • Interspecies enrichment between quokka and wallaby - Add interspecies enrichment to allow the quokka and red necked wallaby to be in the same habitat together.
    • Animal Group Sizes
      • Allow more than 2 saltwater crocodile per habitat - Surely a big habitat for crocodiles can house more than 2 salties?
    • Zoopedia Fixes
      • Zoopedia maps fix - Zoopedia maps for certain animals do not match the current range of the animals. These include indian elephant, king penguin, african lion, greater flamingo, bongo, european peacock butterfly, Bactrian camel
    • IUCN Status
      • Monarch butterfly - The subspecies of the monarch butterfly should be changed or the iucn status of the monarch butterfly should be changed to least concern
Other Fixes
  • Decrease size of animal hitboxes - It is obvious many animals suffer from huge hitboxes especially ungulates, revise the size needed for these hitboxes to allow realistic sized shelter doors to be usuable for animals, it isn't fun building huge doors for small animals.
  • Plants
    • More Broken trees, branches and saplings - Variety when it comes to small trees is lacking right now. Broken trees of small and large trees are needed, more branches for natural climbing frames for habitats and even more choice of saplings. Not every zoo has several hundred year of trees everywhere.
    • Flexicolor Foliage - Focused mainly on temperate biomes, the option of flexicolor to trees and other foliage objects that appear in different colors will allow us to make seasonal zoos.
    • Foliage Brush - One of the major issues when planting large areas to fill up empty spaces in our zoos or large habitats is the ability to create a natural looking nature area. A foliage brush that comes with settings on intensity, biome and plant type will allow everyone to make wonderful nature areas with little effort.
    • Toggle foliage hitbox to null - Allow us to bypass foliage hitboxes by adding a null option. This will allow plants like elephant grass, bamboo and even small bushes to be passable or at least walk by them closely.
    • Traversable tag for all foliage - Allow us to filter out hard hitbox foliage for easier choice when selecting foliage for habitats.
  • Rocks
    • Faux Rock walls - Add new faux rocks that are like a wall. Making faux rock walls is piece heavy and would be great for a larger piece to do this in one go.
  • Gardens
    • Flexicolor Mulch or Sand Mulch - Allow the mulch pieces to be flexicolor to represent different kinds of soils. If not possible even a sand mulch will be much more suitable for arid climates or even desert areas within a zoo.
  • Terrain Tools
    • Make Water Bodies Frozen - Add the ability to freeze our water for colder biomes or even just another selection in the water body setting
  • Signs and Statues
    • Consistent Signage and statues for all animals
  • Scenery Item Requests
    • New fonts
    • More custom signs
  • Paths
    • Null elevated path - While the null path is a fantastic feature for natural areas in zoos, it would be even better if a null elevated path could be added. This removes the rather bulky underside of the path allowing us to make custom bridges and overhead walkways without much concern. As funny as it would be, we could also have guests walking over water.
    • Null Staff Path - Another path improvement would be null staff paths, for those who would rather scenery pieces or just terrain paint to mark a staff path rather than having the textured planet zoo path.
    • One way path - Stop guests from blocking the way and direct them with a new one way path! Handy for walkthrough habitats, walkthrough exhibits and everywhere that guests feel the need to suddenly change directions.
    • Select path in small sections - When making complex path intersections or plazas, allow us to select path areas in smaller sections so we can repaint sections without the entire curve turn into the new path surface.
  • Maps
    • Map Customisation - Total overhaul of map creation with lots of customisation options including a wider range of map skirts including a flat option for every biome. Not all tropical zoos need towering mountains as a background. Also we know its not possible to use all possible map paints in a single map but the way planet coaster allowed us to choose paints on zoo creation was better than the current system of locked paints behind biome maps.
    • City Map - Who doesn't love having a city in the middle of nowhere. How about a new map for all biomes that includes a city surrounding our zoo.
    • Larger terrain tools - If we want to landscape a very large area of the map, we need larger tools to work with
    • Square terrain tools - While round tools are useful for most applications, precise terrain landscaping requires a square tool
    • Coastal biome skirt - Add a new true coastal skirt with no land visible outside the island, the oceania skirt did not address this suggestion
  • Food and drink shops
    • New Tables for restaurants - More variety when it comes to table design is important to make restaurants stand out. The picnic tables have a fantastic choice so restaurants could benefit as well.
  • Gift Shops
    • Gift shop items for each animal group - Add more plushies, tshirts, mugs and other assorted items to allow us to represent a much wider variety of animals in our gift shops.
    • New plushies each update - Add at least one or 2 plushies for new animals featured in new dlc.
  • Placeables
    • Binoculars - The view from here is terrible! Well how about you grab the finest pair of binoculars from our newest placeable stand, now your guests can see your rhinos all way at the back of your savanna habitat.
    • Elevators - Like the restaurant spawn, place two elevator buildings on the same vertical path to join up. This will allow guests to can access to different levels when there is no room for stairs or even give wheelchairs users (feature pending) a chance without risking injury.
    • Maps for guests - Add a placeable info stand full of maps for our guests. These maps improve pathfinding and the time it takes for guests to reach a location.
    • Rooftop Solar Panels - Add a new variation of the solar panel building by introducing a rooftop only solar panel which does not require staff to interact with it, maybe a nearby panel at ground level can be used for maintainance.
  • Zoo Entrances:
    • Dedicated Entry and Exit Gates - Allow us to place seperate entrance and exit gates to better manage guest traffic or allow us to make guests exit the zoo on the opposite side so no backtracking is needed for guests
  • Staff Buildings:
    • Incubation Center - The most game friendly method to introduce egg laying for birds, egg laying mammals and reptiles would be a building that functions very much like a vet building. Similar to the existing birth routine, the animals enter the cycle of birth, a vet is alerted to the habitat and the vet then carries the egg to the incubation center. The vet attends the building to hatch the egg in time then returns to the habitat with a new hatched animal.
  • Media devices
    • New kinds of education stations with customisation - Introduce new kinds of education stations which are a great way to interactivity to your zoos.
  • Add more than one habitat gate - Allow for more than one habitat gate for single habitats. This can be useful for large habitats where it is not useful for staff to return to the exact same entrance, this could allow 2 staff areas to prevent staff from being overworked.
  • More walkthrough doors - While the wooden door is nice enough for forest and 'rustic' style habitats, a wider variety of doors will enhance our walkthrough habitats.
  • More barrier types - Add more default barrier types such as wooden planks, iron bars or natural rock
  • Barrier escape overhaul - Why does a lemur escaping have the same penalty as a lion escaping? I know lemurs can harass your african penguins a little too much, but come on a lion should impose a much greater threat so this should be represented.
  • Inner habitat gates - Let us manage populations within a single habitat by adding a functional animal gate to divide say gender ratios to prevent fighting or breeding.
  • Short walkthrough habitat gate - Like the short version of the keeper habitat gate, add a shorter version of the walkthrough habitat gate for guests.
  • Playgrounds and Splash pads - Playgrounds are an essential part of a zoo whether its just a basic swing set or an entire climbing course through the trees. In theory the playground can work similar to a restaurant where guests spawn in the playground to play while the parents take some time off on some nearby benches. Splash pads are also interactive and also help guests cool down in hot climates.
  • Active Trading - Allow direct trading to either a pool of randomly selected zoos or using friend groups like the steam friends list to trade specific animals that are requested currently by that zoo.
  • Visiting a players zoo - Allow us to actively visit a persons zoo without the need to download a workshop item.
  • Multiplayer - Introduce multiplayer so that another person can build along with us.
  • Zoopedia Order
    • Correct zoopedia order - For several languages, the correct order of animals in the zoopedia is incorrect.
  • Control the Sun - Add a new weather control to move the position of the sun to vastly improve the lighting of our zoos.
  • Optimisation - There is always a need for Optimisation improvements to the game, those with lower end computers or larger zoos continue to have poor performance.
  • Improved Obstructed Error - Improve the annoying obstructed error by highlighting the exact error that causes this. At times it can be near impossible to figure out what exactly is causing this.
  • Fix terrace tool for temperate maps - Fix the terrain of temperate maps so that we can use the terrace tool.
  • Shop Signs too big - Fix the cosmic cow and monsieur frites small shop signs being too big
  • Indonesian Bin Name Fix - The indonesian bin is just called "indonesian", it does not come up in a search for bins.
  • Alphabetical Sorting - Fix how the game sorts out alphabetical lists
Not a problem, thanks for categorising it as it makes my job so much easier.

I have talked about it everywhere but i dont think i did it here sooo i want a traversable area toggle.
It would work similar to the climbeable area toggle, with the default option being that the object works normaly and has a hitbox, but now this hitbox can be toggled of for either keepers to enable "doors" inside a habitat for them to traverse through walls and keeper and animals, to assign shelter doors for example or to just turn of objects stupidly blocking the animals like our beloved faux pebbles or when an animal needs a big ass door to fit through

I have talked about it everywhere but i dont think i did it here sooo i want a traversable area toggle.
It would work similar to the climbeable area toggle, with the default option being that the object works normaly and has a hitbox, but now this hitbox can be toggled of for either keepers to enable "doors" inside a habitat for them to traverse through walls and keeper and animals, to assign shelter doors for example or to just turn of objects stupidly blocking the animals like our beloved faux pebbles or when an animal needs a big ass door to fit through
If we go real wishfullfillment, a species specific toggle would be nice, so that for example different stable entrances can be marked for different species

I vote, this would be so useful.

The wishlist has been updated! ...2 months since the last update. The wishlist should now be ready to get many suggestions hopefully crossed off this update as popular suggestions such as animal interactions, new barriers, a short walkthrough gate and liekly more are arriving next week.
I wondered if I could add some more votes as looking at the list I really like some features that people suggested after I initially voted, is there a number of features that we can vote for?

I wondered if I could add some more votes as looking at the list I really like some features that people suggested after I initially voted, is there a number of features that we can vote for?
No limit at all! As long as you have not previously voted for the exact suggestion, you can add your vote to any that you wish.

Barnyard update day!

Another update crosses off suggestions from the wishlist so let's take a look at what we got:

Animals encounters fulfilled a major part of animal and guest interactions. However actual feeding does not appear to be evident.
Petting and feeding interactions - Domestic animals are often found in interactive habitats, allow our guests to show them some love by allowing new interactions between guests and animals. [Votes - 4]

Guest and animal interactions - Stop throwing junk food, feed the animals a healthy amount of lettuce, grain, or fish. Ties in nicely with the feeding station suggestion. [Votes - 5]

One of the most popular scenery item requests were hay bales, coming in round and square varieties.
Hay Bales - [Votes - 5]

Walkthrough exhibit objects was partially fulfilled with the addition of buddleia bush.
Walkthrough exhibit objects - [Votes - 1]

Many new walkthrough habitat gates have added allowing us to make more realistic walkthrough habitats.
Short walkthrough habitat gate - Like the short version of the keeper habitat gate, add a shorter version of the walkthrough habitat gate for guests. [Votes - 2]

More walkthrough doors - While the wooden door is nice enough for forest and 'rustic' style habitats, a wider variety of doors will enhance our walkthrough habitats. [Votes - 6]

While we didn't actually get more default barrier types, premade scenery pieces of each of the provided examples have been added. Use a null barrier and add these new scenery barriers.
More barrier types - Add more default barrier types such as wooden planks, iron bars or natural rock [Votes - 4]

Souvenir shop traverse issues with guests getting stuck is reportedly fixed!
Souvenir Shop Guest/staff Traverse - Souvenir shops are still broken with traverse issues for guests and staff, they are still getting stuck in or around the shop. [Votes - 1]

Questions to all

• Do we still want feeding interactions, walkthrough exhibit objects, new barrier types to remain as open suggestions?

Top Bottom