Frontier developers made this game so annoying and bugged

so op admits combat logging and forum names are linked to our accounts and frontier is going to do what exactly?

just curious or is combat logging OK now?

i know interdiction can be a right PITA but;

a) avoid them in the first place by doing the loop of shame
b) brave sir robin maneuver, even in a paper thin T9 will work.

Last edited:
Me neither, but it gets tedious to run all the time when RNG decides you're up for some engineered NPC "fun".
Hardly rng. Engineered npc's only show up as spec ops in cz's, in pirate uss's and pirate lord assassination missions.
That's a tiny part of the game. If you want to avoid engineered npc's, it's incredibly easy.

(That being said, I'll happily help you beat your favourite dead horse. Engineering and the accompanying powercreep was a very bad thing for -pvp- combat and devolved it into a game of rock-paper-scissors)

Deleted member 110222

D
OP needs to go back to cheaper ships for a bit.

Sounds like a classic Ferrari driver. Has the cash, so thinks he has the skill, but then gets outpaced by a mildly tuned Mini Cooper at the track day that's being driven by a dude with skills.

OP. Serious suggestion. Buy a Cobra Mk III. If you're dying that quickly in a Type-9 then you need to go back to basics.

so op admits combat logging and forum names are linked to our accounts and frontier is going to do what exactly?

i know interdiction can be a right PITA but;

a) avoid them in the first place by doing the loop of shame
b) brave sir robin maneuver, even in a paper thin T9 will work.

c) destroy them for extra money, mats and arx.

OP, there is no point complaining on this forum. As you can see, you're simply receiving a number of "T9 lol" replies. This is "Forum irony", the same "irony" that for over a month now allegedly motivates the "but is it an open letter??" so-called jokes. This place has become the private troll cave of a few dozens of players who aren't even "whiteknighting" as much as elbowing each other with lame jokes instead of having any objective or meaningful opinion about the game. The "CAN I HAZ YOUR STUFF" crowd.

Avoid them and this place.

Today, i've picked up a mission to transfer huge amount of materials (3700 tons) to a station. It went well until 2400 tons transferred, of course the server always sent some normal interdiction to me if i had the cargo, even cheaterdiction, when the enemy ship was passed me from front with huge speed difference ( about 10c to me, and i was crusising 15c to him, so 25c added), but still instantly interdiction (the game did not wait it to be behind me, and turn toward me), but as ALWAYS i've evaded it, like all of the hundreds of interdiction, with various ships (from FDL to T9).
But then i got the message of enemy coming... interdiction, ofc from impossible angles, but i kept the T9 in the escape vector. The blue bar was increasing very slowly, much slower than usual (and screen flickering, trembling, which isn't usual too), and as it increased, it isn't become easier to keep the escape vector like usual, but the opposite , so after struggling some minutes, i've submitted. The enemy ship starts to shoot me immediately, and would destroy me in 10 seconds IF i wouldn't combat log. But i did, and i don't feel any regret, because the game gave me no other choice, as i have no chance even to deploy my hardpoints before i got destroyed, not talking about turning toward the enemy...

Also noticed the cheater AI-s at combat zones, where they constantly in chaff cloud, pushing unlimited SCB, with some heavy railgun, and guardian weapons. But still, it's possible to wipe them out, however it's clear that they have supernatural powers...

Also the more and more frequent stuttering in game (some memory related thing, while i have more RAM and VRAM in my pc when i played without these lags).
The menus are sometimes become useable only with mouse, but not with my keyboard. Even more, sometimes the menu gets stuck, so i need to kill elite from task manager, as even the game menu is unreachable, while the game itself runs well, i can see the station's life.

Why are you ruining this game? It's not more fun, but more annoyance, and grinding, with many illogical, unrealistic game mechanics.
With any kind of decent shields, an NPC won't destroy you in ten seconds.

I really have to remember to record the next time I kill a pirate Anaconda whilst carrying 794t of cargo in my Cutter.

Practice combat for a bit and believe me, you'll eventually start asking for the AI to be made harder to fight.
Yes, I deliberately stack missions in my Cutter and fly slowly in the destination system in order to get materials.

OP, there is no point complaining on this forum. As you can see, you're simply receiving a number of "T9 lol" replies. This is "Forum irony", the same "irony" that for over a month now allegedly motivates the "but is it an open letter??" so-called jokes. This place has become the private troll cave of a few dozens of players who aren't even "whiteknighting" as much as elbowing each other with lame jokes instead of having any objective or meaningful opinion about the game. The "CAN I HAZ YOUR STUFF" crowd.

Bazmeson sneers down from the heavens.

C'mon then -help them out with advice. Like you literally never do.

Take your own advice for a happier time.

Well, on the topic.

The blue bar was increasing very slowly, much slower than usual (and screen flickering, trembling, which isn't usual too), and as it increased, it isn't become easier to keep the escape vector like usual, but the opposite ,

This actually sounds like a very old bug that is in the game since the very release if I remember correctly. It has however become very rare nowadays.
In my experience, there's nothing you can do to avoid interdiction at that point with the bug, you either randomly win or lose (bar increases or decreases constantly, escape vector jumps around erratically).
Probably best that you restarted the game. Cheers.

Last edited:
No, they aren't.

depends.
y4OvDyG.png

Also depends what you've posted in the past, a little sleuthing will unveil it

Since when was it not?
It's the avoidance of the timer that is not ok.
And also, it's a NPC ship we're talking about, no feelings were hurt during the combat log.

no matter what ship i use. With my anaconda, with full of hull reinforcement's it would take the cheater AI 20 seconds to destroy me instead of just 10. And i'm sure it's not possible to evade this interdiction, with the most manouverable ship too, as it is scripted.
Or else how can i evade 99% of the normal interdictions without much problem, WITH T9 too? ( that 1% is when i press galaxy map hotkey/hit windows button, and such things :) )

Yes they use chaff and SCB, as many (unlimited ammo) which is not possible for a player, because the AI is cheating. Yes i can deal with them, but it's clear that the AI have superpowers that players can't have. This heavy cheating ruins the illusion, it's like the catch-up cheating in Need for speed games, which was so brightly visible. AI cheating should be hidden. But since few updates the next step to advertise cheating is only a big text around the AI ships, which says "hey im cheating ;)"
I am sorry to tell you this, but you are just bad at the game. Learn to play, ask nicely for advice and get better. Or continue cheating and posting rants on the forum. The latter is certainly more fun.

I've seen video evidence that NPCs don't use unlimited chaff and SCBs. This has also been confirmed by a developer. If someone claims they are doing it he is probably just bad at the game. 🤷‍♂️

The AI IS cheating, that's a fact, even if you hide your eyes.

As i wrote about three times, i can kill them, but even if i pop them, it's clear that they are cheating. I can't engineer my modules even at level 5 to do such thing that they do, because the AI is cheating, and i'm not.

I see they are cheating while using FDL, or Anaconda, or T9 even if they are no problem to me. As i very rarel take missions, i don't see the mega cheater AI, just the simple cheaters, but still clearly visible, even if i pop them in row :)

They get stacks of chaff..

Thats about it. To be honest i think the AI is laughably stupid. It's not hard to get in bounties by simply shooting ships a bit then coaxing them into asteroids.

Trust me the ED AI NEEDS some cheats. Dumb as a bag of rocks.

Back
Top Bottom