ANNOUNCEMENT Game Balancing

The only thing stopping players having fun in this game is themselves. There is plenty of fun to be had with or without all the big ships, engineering and masses of credits.
Agree with that statement. Someone used to describe ED like a sandbox, there is no just one way to play this game, you can just play the exploration part, combat part, trading part, as a pirate, align with a power faction, PvP, or you can play a bit of everything. Unlike many other games where they have main missions you need to play through to reach the end game, in ED you can play whichever way you like and enjoy.

In my opinion when it comes to constantly nerfing mining, Is it fair for the new commanders where I had an advantage with mining then?

In my opinion when it comes to constantly nerfing mining, Is it fair for the new commanders where I had an advantage with mining then?
Precisely why fleet carriers are only worth 1b credits.

If getting an Anaconda in a week versus a day is a disadvantage that breaks the game for someone, the community didn't really need that player.

It doesn't matter, you can never be fair to everyone. Just like it has not been fair to the first generation of players who had to "grind" their way to earn credits, taking them a long time just to buy a Anaconda. Only players who joined this game in the past 2 years or so, able to fast-earn with mining. Now the new players just have to earn their credits in a slower way again (still faster than those first gen players).

It's pretty insulting that it has taken years to recognise the need for balance within Elite whilst you focused on ignoring them in place of charging for boundless cosmetics being produced.

It was bad enough locking Engineers behind a pay wall, leaving non Horizons players to suffer the consequences whilst being pit in the same universe. It's bad enough that the big ships can be wrecked by a pair of FDL's sporting cascade railguns, and that's even when you're fully engineered yourself.

There is much to be done to get it right within Elite. Much to be done... Lol.
How do you make it harder to mine? For surface mining, it is just point and shoot, not much skill needed. Unless Frontier is removing the collector limpets and you have to fly your ship to scoop up each individual mineral chunk.
At the moment, you're unlucky if a wing of pirates comes in at the start of mining and demands 3t of whatever you have. Then you have free reign to go about mining without challenge.

Increase the frequency of the pirates. You either submit and give them what they want but a higher quantity or you fight.
To fight requires weapons that take much needed mining tool space. To house a fighter bay takes up essentail cargo space.
Mining becomes riskier, so therefore balanced.

Precisely why fleet carriers are only worth 1b credits.

If getting an Anaconda in a week versus a day is a disadvantage that breaks the game for someone, the community didn't really need that player.
Yes, FC is only worth 1b credits if it takes 6 months to earn 1b credits in the quickest way. If you can still earn 1b credits in 2-3 weeks, then FC should remain at 6b credits.

Yes, FC is only worth 1b credits if it takes 6 months to earn 1b credits in the quickest way. If you can still earn 1b credits in 2-3 weeks, then FC should remain at 6b credits.
Oh yeah, if FDs idea of balance is a YOLO binfire and everything spins an entire Anaconda in an hour, then sure, let's leave it at 5b.

However, i will be sorely disappointed if that's the case, since smuggling isn't even on FDs radar atm.

At the moment, you're unlucky if a wing of pirates comes in at the start of mining and demands 3t of whatever you have. Then you have free reign to go about mining without challenge.

Increase the frequency of the pirates. You either submit and give them what they want but a higher quantity or you fight.
To fight requires weapons that take much needed mining tool space. To house a fighter bay takes up essentail cargo space.
Mining becomes riskier, so therefore balanced.
That's one good suggestion. However the current NPC pirates that tend to check on you before you start mining are often low-level, many commanders who fly a Cutter already equipped with laser turrets and they easily take those lowly pirates out, while they just keep mining, not much of a challenge for them. Unless you also buff those NPC pirates, bring in a wing of 3 pirates with Dangerous or higher combat skill, that will force these commanders to fight or flight.

The 2 principal mining triples are just outside the bubble. No pirates.
In solo or open whatever you can mine to your hearts content.
There's about 200 carriers parked at these 2 principal triples.
Their there to clean up before the nerf. And l bet they'll still be there afterwards cos 600k a ton is still good.
Ive been over there in the open for 3 days solid now. Just sold 4k painite at 950k a ton.
Laser mining painite is Op as its easy and in an hour you'll have 300 tons or more. Voids take alot longer always will.
Ltds on the other hand will become Op. They are a bit slower to mine but sell for more.
Sub surface and deep core are both harder to do especially deep core so prices will reflect that.
How it all pans out is speculation.
61.4% highest rock so far that's a triple.

o7

About CQC: An overhaul of the CQC-rewards would be an easy way to attract more players to this great part of the game. Besides more credits, decals, ARX as @0bi-Wan mentioned it, I would like to see a reward for every new Prestige-Rank. Perhaps special CQC-liveries, special engineered modules (like those in the current CG) or Bobbleheads for the main-ships in open.
I think integrating it more into the game would do more to attract people to it, I know we can now join the queue from in game but I was thinking it should be much less stand alone though not to the stage of using proper ships.

That's one good suggestion. However the current NPC pirates that tend to check on you before you start mining are often low-level, many commanders who fly a Cutter already equipped with laser turrets and they easily take those lowly pirates out, while they just keep mining, not much of a challenge for them. Unless you also buff those NPC pirates, bring in a wing of 3 pirates with Dangerous or higher combat skill, that will force these commanders to fight or flight.
Maybe have NPC pirates at a level maybe one lower or at an equal level of the player.

Oh yeah, if FDs idea of balance is a YOLO binfire and everything spins an entire Anaconda in an hour, then sure, let's leave it at 5b.

This put the mining OP (overpay) into quite a perspective for me. Been doing a few painite mining runs past few days in a Python, I am not the fastest miner, but still managed to fill 196T of painite in about 1.5 hours, sold them for a profit of 170+mil credits. More than enough to buy an Anaconda. That's why I think the value of all minerals should be slashed by at least 50%,. Even that will still only take 2-3 hours of mining to buy an Anaconda. So throw in a few random pirate attacks during the mining to add some more "excitement" ;)

Most mining ships are unarmed. The mechanics in-game to allow bartering between pirate and miner victim isn't sufficient. Especially in VR where chat is easily missed.
They'd need to rework it.
Yes either same level or one lower or....one higher.

So we can say that there are a lot of Cmdrs who got outrageously rich, because the game is out of balance ?

It's quite scandalous and unequal for the new entrants.

I propose to reset all accounts and start over when the game is balanced. :D ;)

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷
No just the accounts who made more than x hours use of such features, the value of x to be determined by a poll in game by docking at the temporary poling station that matches your choice.

Thank you very much for the effort, but point manual changes can't really fix the core of the issues.
The only way to actually fix the credit balance is to implement an actual working economy model for the whole game.
With no such things as hardcoded "base" prices, in first place.
The commodities prices should only depends on actual trading.
The combat rewards should be based on how many commanders are participating (the more commanders - the lesser rewards) and how big is the danger. Pirates NPC activities can be dynamic to make this work - in less protected systems with more trading there will be more pirates and vice versa.

Manual changes will only move the top profit activities from one mechanic to another, or, with all-things-nerfed, it would just add a pointless grind to everyone...

Yes. Fdev please do this.

And that is your opinion. Let's keep it like that. Looking at majority of comments here and there players have a different idea... Artificially expanding time to get anywhere in the game is recipe for disaster. Players are already complaining about grind, grind is real, and please don't deny it. If I hear that grind is self inflicted and I am doing it wrong my currently neutral opinion about you will drop to very low level...
Players were complaining about the grind at Borann during the height of the pay outs from its triple hotspot. Someone always complains about grind.
I have done things in game I considered a grind, I have done other things that took more time and repetitions that I didn't consider a grind. The difference was that I enjoyed what I was doing in the latter case.

This put the mining OP (overpay) into quite a perspective for me. Been doing a few painite mining runs past few days in a Python, I am not the fastest miner, but still managed to fill 196T of painite in about 1.5 hours, sold them for a profit of 170+mil credits.
When you compare that to my net of 1.7m from an hour of laser mining, which included a 200t hold half filled with gold, platinum, palladium and other 10k+ items.... well, yeah, game economy is totally busted.

Who'd've thought... those things are a total waste of time

Top Bottom