Ganking / Taranis

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Not so much complaining about their experience in open, just complaining that other players are not behaving in a manner they wish, it appears.
I'd prefer to blow someone up with only 10% hull remaining, rather than have to knock off 4,000 points before "ship go boom!", which the OP considers ill-mannered...

And you know why I do? Because you people don't understand the difference between ganking and PvP. You run back to your mommy with your tail between your legs when an actual PvPer challenges you. You also don't understand the difference between ganking and piracy. Piracy is noble, ganking is not. From a meta-perspective, ganking just doesn't make for good game play. Have I done it in the past? Sure I have. But it left me empty. So if you have a soul in your body, heed my words.

If only someone hadn't decided that Thargoid rigged ships would be completely ineffective against normal rigged ships. If only people had pointed out what a terrible decision that was very early. Oh, wait....

I wouldn't say completely ineffective. I've managed to fight off NPC pirates once or twice while flying my shieldless Titan tickler. But yeah, AX ships are at a definite disadvantage against those outfitted for human combat.

Good point, and thanks for the link. (y)
ED is indeed classed as a MMO game, and FD made it possible for players to choose who they wished to interact with, if at all.
There are a number of players who believe that having a choice is wrong and that every player should be forced to have the possiblilty of interaction with every other player.
It has been the same old debate since before I joined the forum, and will continue until the day the game is shut down.

Always fun, and the arguments never change!

This is my TITAN EXPRESS modified for exploring the debris.

1-2 boosts saves you from glaives / gankers.

No boost thermal signature is at 17-18%. If you keep few km away from goids they won't notice you.

You can add a lightweight modded collector limpet controller and a 1d repair limpet controller and bring or synth limpets as needed. Just make sure your boost speed laden is greater than 750m/s with 3A PD, or greater than 775 with 3D PD ( should be safe for most glaives)

It's pretty hard to die in it.

And you know why I do? Because you people don't understand the difference between ganking and PvP. You run back to your mommy with your tail between your legs when an actual PvPer challenges you. You also don't understand the difference between ganking and piracy. Piracy is noble, ganking is not. From a meta-perspective, ganking just doesn't make for good game play. Have I done it in the past? Sure I have. But it left me empty. So if you have a soul in your body, heed my words.
Thank you for providing the biggest laugh this forum has given me for years...

😂

A self-confessed ganker not liking to being ganked.
What's new?

And i assure you, most if not all people do know the difference between of ganking and PVP - and it doesnt matter - the vast majority of players in open are gankers, not pvp-ers - they're looking for easy targets, not for jousting 15 minutes at another shield tank.

And no, there is nothing noble in piracy - it's just a different form of ganking (it relies preying on unprepared targets, usually noobs - because you cannot really gank someone having some skills and flying an ungankable ship pretty much like you cannot pirate someone that knows what they're doing and flying an ungankable ship)

😂

What's new?

And i assure you, most if not all people do know the difference between of ganking and PVP - and it doesnt matter - the vast majority of players in open are gankers, not pvp-ers - they're looking for easy targets, not for jousting 15 minutes at another shield tank.

And no, there is nothing noble in piracy - it's just a different form of ganking (it relies preying on unprepared targets, usually noobs - because you cannot really gank someone having some skills and flying an ungankable ship pretty much like you cannot pirate someone that knows what they're doing and flying an ungankable ship)

I actually pirated a Deadly Anaconda just yesterday. The way it works is, people come back from Taranis with their AX build and are completely helpless. Do I kill them, though? No. Because that's the Code. And yes, I'm a self-confessed ganker. In fact, one of my ships is called "Deciat Ganker." But I've mended my ways, and so should you. To make the world a better place. :ROFLMAO:

You have the wrong impression of him imo.

Steve

You have the wrong impression of him imo.

Steve

I'm sorry if I came across as hostile. I really respect all that Rat Catcher has said, and I also commended him of providing me with a good link. But some aspects of his attitude bug me, no offense. I don't know any of you, so I can only judge from your contributions to this forum. To reiterate my point, I've been a ganker myself but I feel it doesn't add good gameplay and that we should strive for higher standards. #sarcasm#carebear

I actually pirated a Deadly Anaconda just yesterday. The way it works is, people come back from Taranis with their AX build and are completely helpless. Do I kill them, though? No. Because that's the Code. And yes, I'm a self-confessed ganker. In fact, one of my ships is called "Deciat Ganker." But I've mended my ways, and so should you. To make the world a better place. :ROFLMAO:

It's allright.

you just have to understand that piracy works only if the target get into this mini game voluntarily or if the target is a noob and/or not prepared.
In the latter case it's no different from ganking because it's not consensual and the disparity of forces is overwhelmingly tipping the balance in your favor.

And "Deadly Anaconda" argument? Come on!
You do know that combat ranks in Elite are a matter of perseverance not a matter of skill, right? Right?
Not to mention that Alts are making those ranks even more irrelevant.
There was a certain pvp-er that kept his alt as a very low rank (mostly harmless iiirc at the time) to bait gankers - and he made a well know ganker look like a fool on its own stream while attempting and failing to gank a mostly harmless anaconda 😂

😂

What's new?

Northpin should mend his ways? Did I miss something?🤨

It's allright.

you just have to understand that piracy works only if the target get into this mini game voluntarily or if the target is a noob and/or not prepared.
In the latter case it's no different from ganking because it's not consensual and the disparity of forces is overwhelmingly tipping the balance in your favor.

And "Deadly Anaconda" argument? Come on!
You do know that combat ranks in Elite are a matter of perseverance not a matter of skill, right? Right?
Not to mention that Alts are making those ranks even more irrelevant.
There was a certain pvp-er that kept his alt as a very low rank (mostly harmless iiirc at the time) to bait gankers - and he made a well know ganker look like a fool on its own stream while attempting and failing to gank a mostly harmless anaconda 😂

I agree with all of you said, of course. Still, it was a fun interaction with that Anaconda. Which gets back to my original point, piracy is interesting gameplay, ganking is not. But I'm not going to beat a dead horse.

Which gets back to my original point, piracy is interesting gameplay, ganking is not. But I'm not going to beat a dead horse.

Piracy is interesting and nice if both parties roleplay the har har game.
Same goes for PVP - about which i still believe is the one of the most impressive pvp gaming experience (in general) if both parties are really good at it even for the ones watching a YT video (i fondly remember Yamato movies for example)

But when only one party gets the kicks - well, judging from the opening post, you know damn well how it is (not nice for the other party)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom