Give Yamiks an Alpha key!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
I wasn't going to say anything but there are a lot of people saying they should just give him the key anyway. Do you think it's right to give preferential treatment to someone who at a community meet cornered one of the developers and was having a go at them for being (well I can't actually use the words)?

I don't care if you're positive or negative about the game, but after the amount of abuse levelled at members of Frontier, online and in person, I cannot believe anyone is defending his position. It is possible to be critical of the game/company and yet not be abusive.

Besides the team handling it all is not the same as they were when Horizons launched. Should all of the content creators who were given keys for that be given keys for Odyssey (they're not)? Should they be given to creators who will bring in a new audience more relevant to Odyssey? Should they give them to people who do things to bring parts of the community together? Should they be given to people with more than a certain number of subscribers? Only Frontier can answer those questions, and they have.

The idea of digital keys being limitless and so there's no reason to not give him one is hilarious. If they're limitless why don't they give them to everyone then? There are Elite streamers with larger subscription bases than him, so why are you not up in arms that they're not getting one?

but the significance of the key is that, as far as I understand it, it’s given to content creators before any public release, so they can get content ready, which helps market the game and make sales.
Content creators do not get access to the Alpha early

Well, here's the proposition what I'd have liked to see:

1. Have the community nominate those content-creators they would have liked to see getting alpha keys.
  2. Then have them vote for a week.
  3. Hand the Top 10 those keys.
This way the players would have had a chance to get a diverse group of creators to test stuff. D2EA and Obsidian for example for the exploration stuff, Exigious for combat, Yamiks for "beating the dead horse" on stupid design choices, etc. This way the community would get several opinions on different possible activities while the FDevs would even benefit from proper feedback provided by the more critical crowd. But those are just my two cents.

The idea of digital keys being limitless and so there's no reason to not give him one is hilarious. If they're limitless why don't they give them to everyone then?
I'd say Yamiks is probably one of the top 10 streamers for the game (I don't think I could even name 10 ED streamers). If you're really saying they aren't giving out that many keys I would question that.
There are Elite streamers with larger subscription bases than him, so why are you not up in arms that they're not getting one?
If that is true I would also support them getting a key. There should be reasonable rules for who gets keys.
Do you think it's right to give preferential treatment to someone who at a community meet cornered one of the developers and was having a go at them for being (well I can't actually use the words)?
If he is blacklisted because of abuse then he should be told that. Not that they ran out of keys.

Is this thread serious?

If not...
I demand a key myself, because I have 25 followers and make Elite videos myself.
No it is Sirius !

I want a key as well (I am poor and can't afford one). I don't have a YT vid or followers anything.

I could make one of me faceplanting into planets, and cooking myself whilst fuelscoping, but I am pretty sure YT has rules against the words I use when that happens.

Do you think it's right to give preferential treatment to someone who at a community meet cornered one of the developers and was having a go at them for being (well I can't actually use the words)?

I don't care if you're positive or negative about the game, but after the amount of abuse levelled at members of Frontier, online and in person, I cannot believe anyone is defending his position. It is possible to be critical of the game/company and yet not be abusive.
Then it is a bit of a shame that if these were their reasons, they didn’t say so, clearly. I for one would have applauded it. Taking a stand against abuse is fine and noble but to do so under the guise of a polite refusal does not address those issues. It just looks cowardly. Have the courage of your (general) convictions and say, we don’t want to give you a key because you are abusive to people, not, we ran out of made-up keys.

I don’t care if he gets/got a key or not, I’m not a fan but FD look worse for this decision and that frankly poor excuse they gave him.

I think that decision is best left to Frontiers marketing & operations departments.
you just made this circular? you already started out saying you don't care if yammiks had a million viewers. but like it or not yammiks is still a widely recognized member of the "elite streaming scene", that makes the email response so poor form and insulting to ... intelligence.

nobody disputes frontier's right to choose, but this doesn't come across as fair criteria and the email is bullarxe.

I personally don't like Yamiks videos (like many others so called "content creators" to be honest) but I find this thread a bit silly, first he could afford it and not begging one, second Fdev will give those keys only to the usual ED Youtubers for obvious reasons, I mean even my cat knew that from the start ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom