Sorted out YouTube. Don't need cookies enabled at all (to be accurate here, FD appear to have put a block on videos if you don't accept marketing cookies, but there is no technical or privacy reason for this, and any cookies would come from YouTube anyway so I've no idea why they've even done this). Admittedly I have needed to hack the pages.

And I'll add what I posted in another thread.... Personally, I'd very much appreciate raw footage rather than sped up. More than 2x simply becomes jarring to watch SRV driving, I find. I need to see the dance, not some weird jittery thing. :D

And I'll add what I posted in another thread.... Personally, I'd very much appreciate raw footage rather than sped up. More than 2x simply becomes jarring to watch SRV driving, I find. I need to see the dance, not some weird jittery thing. :D
This one's over an hour long and, to be honest, isn't actually that interesting as the inside of the crater is relatively flat - so I trust you'll forgive me on this occasion. You could always select 0.25 as the Youtube playback speed! (although the audio is then truly excrutiating).

Day 8 - 25.12.3306
DRUNKEN P-TYPE ANOMALY SCIENCE

Christmas day (back on Sol) so I spend more time drinking beverages I wouldn't normally touch at any other time of the year than I do actually continuing this adventure. I do however jump to the Conflux Delta system, scan it with the FSS and discover there's a Stellar Phenomena here some 60,000ls away from the main star. What the hell (he said, taking another swig of something vaguely brandy based), gotta be worth a look. Some time later and we're in a field of Flavum metallic crystals (plus some other variant whose name now escapes me).

JxtCG4q.png

There's also something else in here with me tho ... something my scanners identify as a P01-type anomaly, otherwise known as a bright glowy thing. It's clear that at this point I'm in no fit state to be in charge of a star ship because a) I fail to get any photographs of said anomaly and b) having observed that it drains my shields when nearby I decide the wisest course of action is not to run away but to let it drain ALL my shields in order to see if it will then start attacking my hull. It does! I do have enough sense to retreat at that point and decide to quit for the day while I still have 98% of my hull remaining.

I skulk back to the galley in search of a fresh beverage to investigate.

Day 9 - 26.12.3306
THE LAST OF THE CONFLUX

In fact, at some point between being attacked by the anomaly and shutting down I must have payed a quick visit to the Conflux Delta site as I find this on the camera.

DkPpwJM.png

Luckily today the site is far better illuminated and what an amazing location it is, nestled right in the heart of a mountain range.

wOIwJak.png

iaO7Pdw.png

I take a close look around ..

Z6ZiuJq.png

.. then touch down and scan all the logs.

1rBYUeT.png

That mountain is calling me tho, time for a climb I think!

And what an awesome view there is from up there (you can see the base below and to the left of me).

yPM6z0r.png

oVXT9DT.png

Anyway, what goes up must come down!

And with that it's on to Conflux site gamma (the last of these abandoned settlements) which is a far gloomier prospect!

cSVrtmd.png

I scan the last of the logs and read the final stories of the people who set these sites up ..

ZPcDohj.png

.. and then take a quick poke around.

41ZY25e.png

C561eVM.png

Yeah ... this is the kinda place where things jump out at you unexpectedly. I think I'm done here, tomorrow it's time to move on to pastures new.

Last edited:
Day 10 - 27.12.3306
CROCEUM LAGRANGE WONDERS

The day starts with something of a quandry - the most obvious next waypoints on the list are the Skaudai Guardian ruin sites but I want to save some things for my return journey so in the end, after some time with EDSM, I plot a 3000ly course for Skaudai AM-B d14-43 instead which offers the chance of Lagrange clouds and who knows what else lurking within. Along the way I decide to try and capture some solar flare activity (I guess "solar" is the wrong word here but you know what I mean).

NCXqavS.png

sYyKwkE.png

kMjbgL0.png

As I'm travelling I can see this nebula, which roughly marks my destination, growing steadily larger in front of me.

uekdALB.png

When I finally arrive at Skaudai AM-B d14-43 (around 45 minutes later) I find that my sensors won't accurately lock on to the Stellar Phenomena which keeps moving away from me and at one point even seems to be inside a planet. Whatever this one is will have to remain a mystery. I jump to the next one (for there are several in this area) at Skaudai YP-O e6-34 and am rewarded with some truely wonderous sights.

First up we have a Croceum Lagrange Cloud containing Purpureum Metallic Crystals ..

aBPgsGK.png

waMWkJa.png

.. set against the backdrop of the nearby nebula.

zjwI2yx.png

Within the same cloud we also find Albus Bell Molluscs.

xgleOZR.png

qJKRNlV.png

Now it turns out these little fellas have an interesting trait. If you scan them with the Data Link scanner they emit a tiny puff of green gaseous material.

49g5tCI.png

Perhaps they're sensitive to its particular frequency range?

3oZWuMY.png

There's a second Stellar Phenomena within the same system so, after pausing briefly to take another snap of the nebula ..

OxmrXN1.png

.. I head off to explore another Croceum Lagrange Cloud, this one containing Lattice Mineral Spheres.

bC2kxdn.png

7Q2ljQt.png

BHVjhbU.png

Time to deploy the Guardian fighter again for some added va-va-voom.

g8iwT8A.png

ux7ki8P.png

This cloud also contains more of those Bell Molluscs.

HM0i7Z4.png

q7SmlT3.png

All in all a sensational morning of discovery.

Fighter retrieval sequence inititated.

8R58OWe.png

Last edited:

Deleted member 182079

D
Excellent thread, and one reason I'm currently making my way towards Colonia (again) in my FC (for the first time). Well done Alec.

And am pretty sure I visited the same system with the P anomaly only a few days ago - though I simply went by the Codex entry, the Conflux site I stumbled over in the same system was a surprising bonus (but didn't realise there are more before moving on).

Haven't read every pages but nice pictures. I am actually heading in that direction myself in my Python LOL. very short jumps.
Forgot to get a detail surface scanner and could have unloaded unnecessary stuff but I just left from where I was. Will eventually make it to TIR and surrounding area, been there once already. Have not come across anything of real interest so far, biggest scan I've done so far is 66 planets in one system.
Maybe we will cross path though my route this time taken is not as staight of a line as first time. Guess I should take pictures.

Not sure when I'll get there, still have a ways to go, my jump range is only 30. Just landed on a surface at a geological site.

Day 11 - 28.12.3306
NEBULA AND I SPY CODEX

I'm currently heading in the vague direction of Clooku GR-U d3-112 and the Fields of Elysium, deliberately by-passing both the Skaudai Guardian ruins and Sacaqawea Space Port in order to save those for the return journey. There's a couple of notable nebula along the way. At the first (Skaudia AA-A H71) I drop in on a scenic Bark Mound site ..

5yaCwsH.png

Nk0OqfF.png

9WpUvyD.png

jYZv0cO.png

kxvAacf.png

.. and at the second (Prua Phoe AA-A H69) ..

dl2Fw1d.png

.. I explore another Lagrange Cloud ..

IBNZdv7.png

THobKdZ.png

.. and threaten a mollusc.

CGuX90I.png

My galactic I Spy book is filling up nicely.

tGRxtYF.png

Last edited:
Thought people might like to see my travel history for this journey so far.

You can see the two nebula I've just visited towards the end of that video.

If people aren't aware there's a fantastic website which will generate travel videos like this for you by reading the Elite Dangerous journal files which should all be sitting there on your computer. This one took less than five minutes to generate. The website is here: Elite: Dangerous Astrometrics

Just click on Travel History Video Creator to get started.

@Marbat I've got a 60ly jump range on the Outworn Dalliances so I'm possibly going to get there a bit faster than you? Hopefully I'm leaving a nice trail of places for you to visit in my wake! (and I'll leave some planets un-scanned for you to tag as well!). Keep me posted as to what system you're in and I can see how close we are (send me a friend request too in case we happen to be online at the same time).

WE might be close to one another Alex, just hard to tell by your picture, I may even be further up and left from you.
I need to set up the camera, only have partially setup, I just get lost sometimes with my bindings as I play in VR.
Have roughly 200 jumps to get to my waypoint and probably about the same to get to TIR after that.
I'll look you up this evening when I log on.

Day 11 (continued) - 28.12.3306
FIELDS OF ELYSIUM ("PHOTOGRAPHING A STUNNING PAIR")

I get to the "Fields of Elysium", a binary pair of ringed earthlikes, and the question I set out to answer here is ... how many different ways can you photograph this stunning pair (ooh errr missus!). Quite a lot as it turns out, enjoy.

EySkyWS.png

vDbObKb.png

sgxWM9G.png

gbQlu4T.png

Z2Yuqxr.png

tfyxzHV.png

CMTEkj2.png

HXFZWr5.png

arByBPt.png

hdkSWJI.png

EYWLW7M.png

Last edited:
Day 12 - 29.12.3306
SINUOUS TUBERS EN ROUTE TO GANDHARVI

Today we bid farewell to the Fields of Elysium and push on towards Gandharvi and a good night's sleep in a proper bed courtesy of the Caravanserai star port. Before we get there tho' there's still a couple of sights to take in. First a random gas giant that catches my eye ..

U7TBU74.png

.. and then planet 1 A in the system of BLO AESCS TO-X C28-692 which we've taken a slight detour to in order to find some Sinuous Tubers.

SGRA5Rw.png

These curious biologicals emit strange sounds and have growths which I spend some time harvesting for their Iron (an SRV repair synthesis material that I'm running somewhat low on).

9aGWlbz.png

Spot the SRV ..

BifsjMf.png

Yeah, I really need to find a better hiding place for the next one of those. Anyway, that's another bunch of entries added to the I Spy book.

2Z9o5mi.png

Iron re-stocked it's time to lift off and continue the journey to Gandharvi.

1ejuvJi.png

One thing I've been meaning to comment on for a while is the increasing star density as I get deeper into the galactic core. It's really striking now!

qJ6LF9h.png

And so we arrive at Caravanserai in the Gandharvi system.

There don't seem to be any other commanders around at the moment although the local traffic report reveals I'm hardly the first person to pass this way recently.

1qrmvGb.png

I also take a quick trip out to a local tourist beacon and then park up at the neighbouring outpost ("Marlin's Reach") to freshen up and write todays log.

gQBrMot.png

Last edited:
By the way, does anyone know what those numbers are in each of my Codex discovery screenshots? At first I assumed that each Codex entry had a unique number but now I realise they're entirely sequential I'm guessing that's just a count of how many Codex discoveries I have logged waiting to be sold? (i.e. so that last one is my 19th).

By the way, does anyone know what those numbers are in each of my Codex discovery screenshots? At first I assumed that each Codex entry had a unique number but now I realise they're entirely sequential I'm guessing that's just a count of how many Codex discoveries I have logged waiting to be sold? (i.e. so that last one is my 19th).
I think it is a count of how many discovered in that region and when you cross to another the count will start again. But I don't guarantee my memory is flawless...

Day 12 (continued) - 29.12.3306
BLUE BINARY FABRICATION

On my way back to Caravanserai (where I have a nice room booked for the night) I spot an installation named Blue Binary Fabrication and can't resist the urge to stop by for a quick look.

8zSSoaM.png

It's in an awesome location ..

HiivNO1.png

.. and turns out to be a lot bigger than it seems. For example, what appears at first glance to be a tiny landing platform turns out to be huge - spot the Guardian fighter.

fpV1K4k.png

What the hell, how about spot the Krait Mk II.

eUcg5X3.png

I mean, I thought this thing (also visible at the left of the above Guardian fighter image) was some kind of door access panel from a distance!

Cfw9QUs.png

Perhaps it's a blue binary fabricator? Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah ... heading back to Caravanserai for the night.

tNUuCJM.png

I wonder what's on their vid-cast this evening? Oh excellent ... the first two episodes of Galnet News Digest's review of the year 3306 are out!

Last edited:
Top Bottom