Graphics Mod to Remove Haze

Ok, so a bit of a follow up to my last post...

Below is the problem I was getting:

First, the dim, "are my lights actually on" view from the SRV cockpit (as an example - the same effects are seen from the ship)

PYwt4p4.jpg

Now, the view from exactly the same spot but from the SRV turret view

wINE6l1.jpg

After testing combinations of the shaders today, I have found that this is caused by the "Window Cleaner" shader hash :( This broke my heart, as I absolutely hate the swirls on the windows, but as you can see, the illumination when in the cockpit is just not really usable with the shader active now.

It wasn't like this until the recent update; anyone else experiencing the same thing, and is there a work-around?

@Spaceman

Sorry to see you have a glitch with the mod.

Will look at when I have some time, just doing some other stuff ATM. Would be nice to hear from other players as to whether they are experiencing the same thing since the update.

Following the recent patch to ED I have updated the mod to use the most recent version of 3DMigoto. If you are using an earlier version of the mod there is no need to update it unless you are experiencing problems (error messages) since the recent ED patch.

The mod contains the same options as the earlier versions, which are:

• Remove particles (star streaks) in supercruise.
  • Remove particles (dust) in normal flight.
  • Remove vertical lines from the cockpit in supercruise.
  • Remove streaks from ship windscreen.
  • Remove the haze from inside of starports.
  • Remove the haze when on planet surfaces.
  • Remove external "circle", object and target placeholders and orbital lines (hard mode).
The mod options can be enabled or disabled to your liking. All mod options are enabled by default except hard mode which is for CMDRS wanting a more challenging play mode.

The mod was tested in 2D and VR using un-modded standard game settings in "ultra". A PC version of ED purchased through the Frontier Developments or Steam Store is required. The mod may work with a PC version of Elite Dangerous purchased through the Oculus Rift Store, but some issues have been detected by CMDRS using that version of the game. Testing the mod on my rig (Win 10, Nvidia graphics card) did not throw up any loading errors and all of the mod options appeared to work as intended.

If you would like to try the mod or update an earlier version of the mod, then:

1. Uninstall any existing version of 3DMigoto using the "uninstall.bat" file (found in the existing installation directory).

2. Download 3DMigoto (version 1.3.14) from GitHub.

3. Extract the archive into a temp directory.

4. Copy all of the contents of the X64 directory to the same directory as your ED executable (the game directory will end in something like "C:\ … \Products\elite-dangerous-64").

5. Download the attached .txt file and rename it "d3dx.ini" (without quotes).

6. Place modded d3dx.ini file in the same directory that you installed 3DMigoto (to replace the default d3dx.ini file).

That's it. Ready to go! Just play ED as you normally do.

NOTE: Don't forget to refresh your game shaders after installation of the mod using the game settings (which allow you to reload the shaders on startup). :)

ATTACHED FILE: View attachment d3dx V3.txt

NOTE: Updating ED will remove the 3DMigoto and the mod. Just reinstall in the same way after the update to keep using the mod.

Last edited:
@Spaceman

Sorry to see you have a glitch with the mod.

Will look at when I have some time, just doing some other stuff ATM. Would be nice to hear from other players as to whether they are experiencing the same thing since the update.

Using the updated version of the mod (above) I wasn't able to reproduce the problem you describe. There was a slight difference between the ship and SRV night vision views, but this happened whether or not the mod was being used.

I made some comparison screen shots with the mod "off' and "on":

Ship cockpit view:

uI7Z7e9.jpg

SRV cockpit view:

8t458gu.jpg

SRV turret view:

VcoZlaV.jpg

Last edited:
I tried this tonight, but somehow I have lost the "space dust" in the process? Is this an unintended side-effect?

There is one option to remove particles in normal flight and one to remove them in supercruise. These options are enabled by default. If you want to keep the particles just comment out the option (or options) that you don't want enabled. There are instructions in the d3dx.ini file on how to do this. :)

Last edited:
I have no idea what I'm doing wrong but I don't see the latest version 1.3.14 with X32 and x64 folders anywhere on his web site. Yes I see the source code for 1.3.14 but no downloadable file with the two required X folders as there is for version 1.3.8

Click on the link... bottom of the page, 5th in the list from the top...

...should have gone to spec-savers :)

Last edited:
Click on the link... bottom of the page, 5th in the list from the top...

...should have gone to spec-savers :)
aha, that'll teach me to speed read, I saw .3.1 at the top and .3.8 at the bottom, didn't realise that the list wasn't sequential, .8 is greater than .14 but .14 is the latest, got it.

Thanks for your patience

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator
It may be me doing something wrong, but I can't get this to work after the last update :(

Yep, it was me.

Don't forget to uninstall the the last version before installing the new one. It works much better if you do that ;)

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "AD, сообщение: 7712760, участник: 148800"]
Просто я думаю, что :) ссылка на GitHub в посте 183 работает.
[/ QUOTE]

Да, да, спасибо, я разобрался)
Я так понимаю, что последняя версия 3.1.16?

[QUOTE = "AD, сообщение: 7712760, участник: 148800"]
Просто я думаю, что :) ссылка на GitHub в посте 183 работает.
[/ QUOTE]

Да, да, спасибо, я разобрался)
Я так понимаю, что последняя версия 3.1.16?

Good stuff, but use version 1.3.14 as the mod's been tested with that version.

Хороший материал, но используйте версию 1.3.14, так как мод был протестирован с этой версией. :)

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "AD, сообщение: 7712774, участник: 148800"]
Хороший материал, но используйте версию 1.3.14, так как мод был протестирован с этой версией.
[/ QUOTE]
Оk, thank you, I will get rid of the incomprehensible particles flying to the meeting in the evening))

Thanks for your work! I like it when the meeting does not fly garbage))
Question. I noticed that the stations and the planets became darker. Is there a decrease in the brightness of stations and planets in the mod settings? If so, in which line and what value should I enter to make it a little lighter?

ps: I noticed yesterday that the stains on the glass were back and there were flashes of light when leaving the super cruise to the planet. I'll try to reinstall the mod today, maybe I broke something ...

Since the update today, this stuff is no longer working for me. I'm getting a weird error from my video card's fan controller software. I'm not sure what it means, but it has something to do with a missing call. I tried the latest 3DMigoto but it crashes the same way.

EDIT:
This turns out to be a problem only with the Precision XOC program. Things work fine without it. I'll switch to Afterburner, I guess.

Last edited:
Since the update today, this stuff is no longer working for me. I'm getting a weird error from my video card's fan controller software. I'm not sure what it means, but it has something to do with a missing call. I tried the latest 3DMigoto but it crashes the same way.

View attachment 128755

EDIT:
This turns out to be a problem only with the Precision XOC program. Things work fine without it. I'll switch to Afterburner, I guess.

Glad its sorted - I have an EVGA Graphics card too and encountered conflicts with Precision. Moved to MSI Afterburner a while back and no problems since.

3DMigoto needs to be re-installed after an ED update (as the update removes files in the ED directory that are not on the manifest). :)

Top Bottom