Griefers make open impossible, and how easy the solution is.

I would categorize this as "selective personal experience to prove a point". There's a thread going right now started by someone who was interdicted 5 times on the way to a station. If you're trying to do something in a system and another group is opposing you, in Open, there's a much greater risk they will actively try to stop you. By using Solo and PGs, you simply deny them the opportunity to do so.

There's no point in arguing this. It's objective fact. If you don't care, that's fine, but don't pretend this isn't a thing here in Elite.

Way back in 2014 when FDEV first explained block and how it would work they gave chain interdiction as an example of when to use it.

Not true. I read up on how the modes worked, watched the David Braben dislikes teenage griefers video, then the David Braben dislikes guilds video, then I read up on blocking. I did that while the flyable demo downloaded, then I tried it and bought in immediately and have been having a blast ever since. Like I said I'm really picky about video games, so I prefer reading a little to wasting money. The same approach saved me from star citizen as they are not clear about anything except prices and their demo sucks.

If I was really into compulsory PVP I'd have noped out before the download finished since it was really really obvious from everything I read that its just not how the games put together.

It really is just PEBCAK with a hugely unrealistic entitled demand to alter the entire MMO for a few selfish types tacked to the end, go away if you don't like it.

I can't pretend to be at all sympathetic 🤷‍♂️.

Whereas for me with KS I had nothing, along with a good many others (which is a fading edge case these days). And these days I don't think people are willing to spend hours getting information and instead rely on what the storefront says.

Features like Powerplay, or solo BGS murder sprees are hard to level with people unless they know about modes and blocking first to frame expectations.

Its not often that we agree but much of this i think is spot on.
My only reservation is to restricting access to Shinrarta as a consequence.

This is only my personal opinion so doesnt count for much but here goes;
Where should the "gankers" go?
This is not baiting, or flaming for which I've been suitably chastised, but a legitimate question.
For some players the whole concept of this game is to fight each and every other player they meet.
I know this is not popular but for many, and it seems there are many, this IS the drawcard to the game. Now motives may vary from rp to eliciting white knight responses right through to just basic a**-hattery, but in all cases the combat with other , real life players is what they find appealing.

Surely, out of the millions of systems on offer in this galaxy its not a huge stretch to expect 6-8 systems for these players to frequent for their own version of fun.

To my mind Shiny is a perfect place for them as it is locked to all but elite ranked players thereby completely excluding the seal clubbing element that many find so abhorrent.

I have never ganked, in over 30k kills, outside organized pvp bouts i have killed only 3 other players who were being d*cks on coms, and i absolutely love the danger that these combative players bring to the game. Without them i would probably leave.

I cant believe I'm the only one one who feels this way.

You are not alone Cmdr.

Whereas for me with KS I had nothing, along with a good many others (which is a fading edge case these days). And these days I don't think people are willing to spend hours getting information and instead rely on what the storefront says.

Features like Powerplay, or solo BGS murder sprees are hard to level with people unless they know about modes and blocking first to frame expectations.

When I back a game in development I factor change into my expectations and even then don't buy before I have the specific answers to the specific questions I consider important. I've never been disappointed by a game I backed early.

Having said that I'm sick of doing playtesting and spoilers so I'm over early access completely. Waiting means you get a better product and better information about the product.

got excited bc I thought we were at 69 pages so I could make an epic joke about the sex number, but i'm not worried because this thread will reach the same page count as every other identical thread that came before it

Can I interest you in some Galnet as written by us, the forum? https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/breaking-news.537195/#post-8286692

It has the filth you seek, no need for waiting for page 69. Did I mention it has Thargoids, naked Powerplay and rice based Aisling cat people?

Last edited:
You're right. How could I ever have mistaken your statement for universal derision?

:rolleyes:
Thank you. I'm glad we cleared that up.

Maybe because you're an avid Eve player and don't like people saying stuff about the game like you assumed I did. It's understandable. But, since you used that smiley and I was genuinely not generalising, allow me to also repeat the context.
It was quite clear to me when I bought this game that it wouldn't allow other players to restrict me if I didn't opt for it. I won't be told by other players: you can't go to this system, because we decided it's our system and we're blockading it. I also don't like being told by some leader of some guilt what I should do. Happy to help out friends on my own accord.

I was talking about some guilt/faction leaders in about any mmo you find. They're also around in Elite but less prevalent. And here they, as I said in my initial post, they can't restrict my game.

Now, I trust we're crystal.

When I back a game in development I factor change into my expectations and even then don't buy before I have the specific answers to the specific questions I consider important. I've never been disappointed by a game I backed early.

Having said that I'm sick of doing playtesting and spoilers so I'm over early access completely. Waiting means you get a better product and better information about the product.

The point is, with so many concepts its hard to work out how they interlock- and often you have to know about one to get a handle on the rest in the right order- and this is all before you buy it.

got excited bc I thought we were at 69 pages so I could make an epic joke about the sex number, but i'm not worried because this thread will reach the same page count as every other identical thread that came before it
These threads have a lot in common with that particular position.

The point is, with so many concepts its hard to work out how they interlock- and often you have to know about one to get a handle on the rest in the right order- and this is all before you buy it.

Wait and see works for me when things are in flux. Once I know I'll decide. It even applies to new era, if its space-feet and if its 3rd person only then I'll nope out even though I'm a huge ED fanboy.

Seriously slim chance of that, but I'll not commit before I'm sure.

Maybe because you're an avid Eve player
Haven't played in 3 years, but still friends with the old gang. We play different games now.

Now, I trust we're crystal.
Yeah, no, I get that you let a little bit of defensive fanboi spill out and had to mop it up. We're crystal on that.

Can I interest you in some Galnet as written by us, the forum? https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/breaking-news.537195/#post-8286692

It has the filth you seek, no need for waiting for page 69. Did I mention it has Thargoids, naked Powerplay and rice based Aisling cat people?
You should check out the most recent addition!

You have made your mind up from the moment you misread my post
Sure.

Best friends forever?

giphy.gif

Ah, we are at it again? Happy to see all the good folks, come to a rescue.
Chaps, how has it been?
Waiting to see Sammarco reemerge with space legs and, well you know, a cocktail bar inside my Clipper.

Beside this, by now we all know, Frontier is adamant about their split system.

Top Bottom