Guardian Science Corps

My name is Clara
I have started a group in Discord called the Guardian science corps, and we have discovered that the alpha ruin is actually a giant compass with some sort of map installed. Your ship is the central instrument for this compass. We are also starting to decode parts of the language.
The first assignment is going to be to find the second guardian region hinted at in the logs. After much investigation we have come to the conclusion that the hints in a logs did not refer to the current known guardian bubble. And that there should be a region out there with beacons and structures that contain blueprints for thrusters and starships among other things.
The group is actively recruiting on discord.
Guardian chronicles

I do think some of the guardian places especially the ones you active with a relic are ships just under the surface.

They look metal like a ship, parts stick out very simetrical and there are what look like doors which appear to go below the surface

I do think some of the guardian places especially the ones you active with a relic are ships just under the surface.

They look metal like a ship, parts stick out very simetrical and there are what look like doors which appear to go below the surface
Those are the Thargoid bases (and could well be crashed Thargoid ships).

What brought you to the conclusion that there will be blueprints for new stuff?
Because it’s in the logs. Twice. The community didn’t really follow the clues and they had groups like canon telling them that everything was decorative, and that what the developers meant by starships was really fighters, and the thrusters didn’t exist. This has caused the entire community to overlook obvious clues that would have led them to these things

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Because it’s in the logs. Twice. The community didn’t really follow the clues and they had groups like canon telling them that everything was decorative, and that what the developers meant by starships was really fighters, and the thrusters didn’t exist. This has caused the entire community to overlook obvious clues that would have led them to these things
Let's not start putting statements into other people's mouth please. So leave blaming other people and groups for things, at the door.

After much investigation we have come to the conclusion that the hints in a logs did not refer to the current known guardian bubble
That seems obvious enough from reading them, but several regions with guardian settlements have been discovered in the wider galaxy too. Do you mean that one of those might be more significant than previously thought, or that there's another one out there which for some reason hasn't been found yet?

I'm not trying to be combative. I just want clarification. I've been playing this game a long time but there's a lot of lore that I've ignored, like many others, because the puzzles are beyond me. I like to have fun and fly a space ships but figuring out compass bearings to other stars from a structure that is orbiting a star and also rotating is a bit much. I'd like to have those thrusters though, if they exist.

My name is Clara
I have started a group in Discord called the Guardian science corps, and we have discovered that the alpha ruin is actually a giant compass with some sort of map installed. Your ship is the central instrument for this compass. We are also starting to decode parts of the language.
The first assignment is going to be to find the second guardian region hinted at in the logs. After much investigation we have come to the conclusion that the hints in a logs did not refer to the current known guardian bubble. And that there should be a region out there with beacons and structures that contain blueprints for thrusters and starships among other things.
The group is actively recruiting on discord.
Guardian chronicles
Hmmm….
That’s very unlikely. For one, the tech brokers reveal all the modules and stuff there is to unlock even before you do the guardian grind, and if there were undiscovered hidden blueprints since years ago it’d have been very likely the CMs would have given us hints to that in one of the livestreams. So no, I don’t think there are hidden guardian blueprints, but…
if the search for that stuff offers you and your friends quality gameplay time, who am I to call that off?

Last edited:
For one, the tech brokers reveal all the modules and stuff there is to unlock even before you do the guardian grind
That's true, but they didn't reveal them to anyone until Ram Tah had actually designed them based on data returns from Guardian sites. There might be one of those steps required to unlock them globally first.

My guess is that the logs refer to the large Guardian/Brain Tree area about half way to Sag A* ... which contains a permit-locked region with I think a few ruins of already-known types outside it. But it might not be that.

My guess is that the logs refer to the large Guardian/Brain Tree area about half way to Sag A* ... which contains a permit-locked region with I think a few ruins of already-known types outside it. But it might not be that.
Might be something that's in a bigger permit locked region somewhere.

Might be something that's in a bigger permit locked region somewhere.

I'm far from being any expert on Guardian lore, but from what I think I know ( ;) ) there are only three Guardian bubbles. The "close one" ~800ly away from the Bubble. A second one further to the galactic east and the third one that @Ian Doncaster mentioned closer to the Galactic Core.
As far as I am aware there is no other Guardian presence mentioned anywhere.

I'm far from being any expert on Guardian lore, but from what I think I know ( ;) ) there are only three Guardian bubbles. The "close one" ~800ly away from the Bubble. A second one further to the galactic east and the third one that @Ian Doncaster mentioned closer to the Galactic Core.
As far as I am aware there is no other Guardian presence mentioned anywhere.
There are more than that - but most of the other known ones are very small regions where the scale is comparable to the bubble vs Colonia. Most of them should be listed in the Codex either explicitly in the Guardian section or implicitly from the Brain Trees, though there might be cases where there's two in the same region so the Codex will only point to one of them.

It's not impossible that other outpost-type settlements have so far gone undiscovered, especially in the less explored parts of the galaxy.

That seems obvious enough from reading them, but several regions with guardian settlements have been discovered in the wider galaxy too. Do you mean that one of those might be more significant than previously thought, or that there's another one out there which for some reason hasn't been found yet?
We are literally in the middle of testing right now. My group and the canon group are both poking around. And it would seem that IGAU Has also taken interest. I was really leaning toward the area around hen 2-333 But both groups have done mapping in that area on a significant scale. No structures or Bacons have been discovered yet. (HOWEVER, structures and beacons are a significant distance from the current known guardian bubble, and I don’t know how far out they have mapped)but I have found another area where there is locked regions. This one is about six times the size of the current known locked guardian bubble. I am mounting an expedition to go to that region soon. Trying to put together at least two or three carriers

Hmmm….
That’s very unlikely. For one, the tech brokers reveal all the modules and stuff there is to unlock even before you do the guardian grind, and if there were undiscovered hidden blueprints since years ago it’d have been very likely the CMs would have given us hints to that in one of the livestreams. So no, I don’t think there are hidden guardian blueprints, but…
if the search for that stuff offers you and your friends quality gameplay time, who am I to call that off?
It was never hidden. It was just never found. There is even some debate among the canon members about the number of modules found. Comparatively speaking. The logs in your first Guardian mission mention another large area. By the time the second guardian mission came out most of the structures and beacons have been discovered. And a large area having thrusters and starship blueprints was mentioned again. Those blueprints were never required. That Area was never found. And hardly one percent of the map has been discovered. According to a couple of the canon activity maps, there are several locked regions from here to beagle point. Dozens of new sites have been discovered in the last eight months, but no structures or beacons yet. Canon and igau have a list available I believe, but not all of the maps are actually updated. I actually headed up a project to verify and rectify the problem. Some of them abs are out of date. it is being worked on . But between the mapping efforts of the two big science groups, the guardian areas are expanding. People just gave up after they found weapon blueprints. Or It’s just too hard for them to figure out.

Okay, let's assume for a second FDev intended that all the core internal slots can be filled with a Guardian-Human-Hybrid module. Guardian structures drop a generic "Guardian module blueprint". How would one "globally unlock" Guardian Thrusters (or some "Guardian Life Support" for that matter)? I'm genuinely curious. In 2020 (I think) I've spent about a month looking for Guardian Ruins in the Brain Tree region around Hen 2-333, but unfortunately I didn't find any. You plan might actually be something that could spark my interest in Elite again :)

Okay, let's assume for a second FDev intended that all the core internal slots can be filled with a Guardian-Human-Hybrid module. Guardian structures drop a generic "Guardian module blueprint". How would one "globally unlock" Guardian Thrusters (or some "Guardian Life Support" for that matter)? I'm genuinely curious. In 2020 (I think) I've spent about a month looking for Guardian Ruins in the Brain Tree region around Hen 2-333, but unfortunately I didn't find any. You plan might actually be something that could spark my interest in Elite again :)
Was that region locked when you visited? Because it is now. IGAU is telling me they've been working in that region for 3 years. Canon joined in and did a joint mapping project of the area as well. There is a large group of ruins surrounding a locked bubble now at which hen is at the center

Was that region locked when you visited? Because it is now. IGAU is telling me they've been working in that region for 3 years. Canon joined in and did a joint mapping project of the area as well. There is a large group of ruins surrounding a locked bubble now at which hen is at the center
And as far as the unlocking question goes, the same way we unlocked our current blueprints. God knows since salvation especially we could use an update on these. But we are checking around the locked areas now. The problem is that the structures and beacons are a good distance out from gamma. This makes the search area pretty enormous. But there have to be more structures and beacons for there to be blueprints. And in that system we are hoping to find a clue to the codes of unlocking the areas that are locked.

Yes, the region was already locked with three Guardian Ruins very close to Hen 2-333 that were accessible. I don't know if that changed, though. I'll take a look at the exact system names later. I should have them bookmarked

Top Bottom