Guardian Science Corps

This might have been mentioned already but the developers have literally done interviews where they described how they made the guardian ruins - they specifically designed them to be devoid of hidden meaning and to not follow any human conventions of settlement building or sense.
The meaning is not hidden. When you look at them from above they are simply large navigational instruments. Basically they are a giant side of directions sitting on the ground. And you are correct about the settlement thing. What I originally theorized as residential districts or possible shops and buildings turned out to be some kind of navigational code Or a filament backdrop for their larger geometric shapes to appear. Easier to see them with the night scope on. I don’t suppose you have a copy of this video or a link to it? I honestly need to hear everything the developers have actually mentioned about this particular puzzle.

Let's hope you are better at not missing ingame contents than you are at not missing text. :p

I am confused that you still write this, since you 1. didn't add logs but achievements (which I clarified) and 2. only repeated what I already based my statement upon.
Did you actually realize that you spent four days trying to use the wrong feature while overlooking the correct feature, which is specifially designed for ingame lore and roleplay stuff (i.e. what you tried to do)?
Will you also use Inara logbooks now? (I noticed you still didn't read my PM thus didn't follow my links on Inara.)

However, I'm looking forward to your content.
It's great still seeing new players enjoying the game like that. For the reasons stated by others, I am not quite optimistic, but I'd totally love it if we all just missed the hints and FDev miscommunicated such that there still are unexplored novel contents.
I didn’t know you could PM me. I will take a look😂 I decided a little over a week ago, since people were starting to talk to me on there, that I should finish my profile. I spent a couple of hours trying to get my ships in there and it was such a tedious and difficult thing to do for some reason. Trying to figure out the logs and how to actually put what I want in there was another challenge. So yeah, about four days of screwing with it on and off because I wanted to totally complete my profile. I managed to figure out bits and pieces and probably made a bigger mess of it. I will take a look at my PMs and see if I can find your link

The meaning is not hidden. When you look at them from above they are simply large navigational instruments. Basically they are a giant side of directions sitting on the ground.
This is exactly what I'm talking about when I say the developers deliberately chose to make random layouts that didn't follow standard human-recognisable patterns.

A navigational compass is in fact... Something we can make sense of.

I believe it was said in a discussion panel during Lavecon 2022, during their special Frameshift Live stream. I can't find the VOD anywhere, but I am looking, and if I can find it I'll link it.

But if I remember right, the essence of what they said was "we designed the ruins to have recognisable patterns, realised that wouldn't make sense for an alien race to build human-readable structures, and so basically placed everything non-logically."

All this implies that your conviction that there is some hidden puzzle in the guardian ruin layouts is just like those people who were convinced the HIP 22460 Thargoid cry was a "Hello". Seeing patterns where there deliberately are none.

This is exactly what I'm talking about when I say the developers deliberately chose to make random layouts that didn't follow standard human-recognisable patterns.

A navigational compass is in fact... Something we can make sense of.

I believe it was said in a discussion panel during Lavecon 2022, during their special Frameshift Live stream. I can't find the VOD anywhere, but I am looking, and if I can find it I'll link it.

But if I remember right, the essence of what they said was "we designed the ruins to have recognisable patterns, realised that wouldn't make sense for an alien race to build human-readable structures, and so basically placed everything non-logically."

All this implies that your conviction that there is some hidden puzzle in the guardian ruin layouts is just like those people who were convinced the HIP 22460 Thargoid cry was a "Hello". Seeing patterns where there deliberately are none.
The theory is following this puzzle will eventually get you into the Regor locked area.
The navigational compass built into the Alpha complex as far as I can tell The navigational compass built into the Alpha complex as far as I can tell Is for alignment calibration.
The markers lineup with local bodies, as well as distant regions. And other sites in the local cluster. The problem is you don’t really know what you’re looking at. You can tell these things lined up but without being able to decipher the markers you don’t have a reason why or you don’t have a logical next step. I am breaking down the meaning of the markers and I’m finding breaks in the symmetry and I’m finding patterns in those breaks. The Canon laboratories are also tearing these apart. But they are focusing on the obelisk numbers and formations.
I do not think the alpha complex alone lead you to the guardian HomeWorld. I think the language is spread out and simplified so you can grasp it. And then move on to beta and gamma.
But each one of these ruins seems to point out some different kind of feature. The Alpha seems to have to do with placement. Bada seems to be implying a motion or time calculation. And the gamma sites Have hints of some kind of alignment. If I didn’t know better I would think understanding the three ruins layouts unlocks some kind of formula that you have to use in order to gain access to the locked areas.
Again. The puzzle is not hidden. It is blatantly in your face. But it is abstract to the point that it is difficult to break down. Someone with an extremely high IQ would probably be able to glance at it and put it in the correct order. As a high IQ is simply an ability to recognize patterns at a more complex level.
According to the logs Guardian art was basically depictions of practical tasks being performed with geometric abstraction. They were fond of geometric shapes and use them to relate to everything around them. So there are wise instructional abstract geometry. And their glyphs have only a few characters because the glyphs change meaning depending on which way they are facing, how they are facing each other, and which motion was implied. Needless to say I’ve practically gotten nowhere with glyphs. We do believe we have decoded a panel. As it is less abstract than a lot of the other stuff. I will see if I can send it to you.
LMK what you dig up
Please
Yours
V

Learn to read reports. You and no fool couldn’t figure out how to make the process work from the logs so you are the only two naysaying this. I have visited five areas so far and applied the same principles. The upper platforms with particular markings are aligned to a very particular system dynamic that I’m trying to identify. The ruins were placed in a way that puts all points of the Guardian civilization in a straight line toward certain markers. These markers not just line up with local bodies, but regional ruins, and distant guardian areas sometimes at the same exact time of day. There is a huge formula here that you guys are missing because you adamantly refused to test the report that was put right in front of your face three times in the cannon feeds. Test the model and then come back to me. I am matching these points up with markers right now and trying to pick apart the specific meaning of the markers on the platforms.
I made another realization while doing that.
Even want to be geniuses from prismatic imperium didn’t catch this.
The plate designs on the platforms vary. There are tiny differences that even I did not notice picking them apart for weeks. The addition and subtraction of corners. The addition and subtraction of obelisks. Certain obelisks being broken, deliberately to either match a number or a sequence, the ground plates themselves are not perfectly symmetrical but seem to be positioned in certain ways to tell you whether a body is present or not in a certain system. I could go on for hours.
The reason I don’t post these findings in Canaan anymore it’s because I end up having to argue with you guys. None of you ever jump on board and say let’s figure this out. You dismiss or downplay everything you don’t post yourselves, sometimes without even looking at it first.
What you should be doing is saying, hey there might be something there let me look. So I don’t know where this idiotic rumor of the perceived teamwork at canon came from but it doesn’t exist from what I’ve seen.
So basically you guys won’t listen to anything that Jesus Christ himself hasn’t written in the Bible with his own finger. And I don’t wanna waste time justifying the path that I am on to a bunch of people who will simply not accept anything. No fool does not want to work on any problem that hasn’t already been proven. Which kind of defeats the purpose of having a laboratory in the first place. This is where we are supposed to solve these things. This is not where we are supposed to bring proof like we’re in front of a ing jury. You guys need to put your nose is back in the books and stop looking down them at people.
What we have figured out is that this is a tool that operates a certain way. What we do not know is why. We also do not know specifically what its purposes. As in, what precisely it’s trying to lead you to. So until someone actually has a conclusion of what this alien race was thinking they can’t make a report and submit it to you guys. That’s the sad truth. You are not acting like a scientific discovery group, you’re acting like the Smithsonian. Canon is not a museum. And you guys should be working with us on this.
I should not have had to start my own science group in order to work this puzzle out.
Go back to the report. It’s pinned for your viewing pleasure. Get your to NGC 3199 and compare your findings with ours. The first report took four days to complete the experiment. Running wild has since gone back and has been there for a week. I alone spent five days testing the same model. Running wild is now actually making progress breaking down the relic tower alignments at the alpha and what they are specifically pointing at.
I’m awaiting his conclusion so I can test it closer to Gamma v.
I have taken his findings to other alpha complexes to see what kind of results I get. This is what you should be doing along with a couple other members of Canaan to verify whether or not this is true. If your group wants to make progress it at least has to try. Not just sit around and wait for us to figure it out for you. While you drag me into meaningless discussions to justify what I said.
Work the Clues Coe
They are all over the place
V

What a wild ride.

I'm not part of Canonn, LCU is quite obviously thrice the scientist you are, putting loads of time into developing stuff to actually help players, in and outside the squadron. You spend the same amount of time writing these nonsensical reports about how you're so close to find out what it is you found out that the rest of the community can't find out because they're too stupid. Every text you come up with - another exercise in brainwashing.

If you could put 25% of the time you spend on defamation of other people and boosting your own ego in this little Indiana Jones play on actual research or helping other players, you'd still be nowhere near LCU.

I have to admit I didn't watch your videos, because I consider it a waste of time, especially after getting to know you a bit and seeing all the antisocial behavior. Lashing out on people after they take the time to actually answer your questions, just because you don't like the answers? Wow.

The texts are a repetitive amalgamation of "I have found it"s and "I will soon know what I have found"s, circling around the topic for eternity without having anything definite to say.

Do you actually have any expertise or knowledge in the field of linguistics, mathematics, xenology, hypothetical forms of communication, ...? Cryptography? Anything that actually helped other players figure stuff out in this game in the past? Or is your research limited to lines like "this looks like a pyramid with an eye"?
From what I remember, you couldn't tell apart the maelstrom from an anomaly in a Lagrange cloud.

All in all, I see the consequences of the Dunning Kruger effect in all their glory here. You seem to know and understand very little for someone who constantly tries to belittle peers for being ignorant.

Your pseudoscience has to be met with scrutiny, not because it's taboo, but because you claim things you cannot prove. Clickbait and abuse of the naivety of some other players.
Your pseudoscience wouldn't be met with so much disdain, if not for your Machiavellian machinations, and your not-so-sneaky habit of defaming people from the forums in the Canonn discord, people from the Canonn discord on the forums, et cetera.

Last edited:
Huh.

I watched your video, and your analysis of the markings on the sites, the crystals etc. Are you not just reading obscure instructions into simple textures, on incidental set dressing? I'm not sure the devs are intending us to try and read textures for clues. Glowy obelisk symbols, sure.

texture2.jpg

texture1.jpg

The second one you posted was sent to me by a canon member after I made my first analysis, I just needed the extra photo. I used to be a recluse and I’m not used to getting this much attention so sometimes I throw useless crap in there.

There are languages in here that we are trying to crack, but here’s what I’m starting to understand about these languages. The glyphs specifically and a lot of the things relating to the complexes for navigation, are inferred rather than described. There is also a huge inference of motion in the alpha complex design.
Since the entire species subscribe to basically one form of communication, it narrowed down the field for me. The symbols in the photos I’ve posted if you just look at them long enough indicator flow and a lot of the pieces match up with the pieces you are going to be using. I do not consider this to be a language as such. I think whoever slapped that panel together had it in mind.
The language is spoken in, which is not their written language, I can probably compare to the icons on your dashboard.
I know what the oil light looks like
And the check engine symbol is kind of a no-brainer
But a lot of the symbols on my cards dash, without words I might add, are of a similar geometric description pattern.
If you ever see game designers at work, they don’t headache over details like that just because they feel like milking the clock at work. The symbolism on the outside orb I haven’t really started screwing with yet. It’s the one on the inside panel.
Over and over again if you look at it and you think about the process you are going through by taking the key to the structure, it lays out perfectly. And that seems to be the primary purpose for the beacons at least for now. Humans do similar things if you’ve ever been in a stock room there are symbols all over the place. So these could be nothing more than labels for that specific type of computer core. This design goes to the structure, this design goes to the Beacon because the design is different in someway. No gravity, vacuum, range of remote energy needed, take your pick.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iDofPSV7qQk54Zqs5

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AtEJJgdwQoVv4pru7

(These are my photos in the highly theoretical realm)
As I said. The panel really doesn’t tell you anything. And if I had to guess, it could be a deliberate clue from the developers. Here’s what I’ve discovered. or what I understand.
Seven years ago this puzzle was put in place. Development on it I think went on for a short time, pending a somewhat planned outcome from the developers that never happened, before they developed more.
They were sent to the site to gather data, and what I believe is that the developers thought people would pick those things apart and they would figure out at least a layer or two of the puzzle.
Some people did poker round a bit. But for the most part they did it for fun and money. The game was still fairly new. People were still exploring and stuff.
Then the structures in the beacons came. Instead of actually studying them much, it was a mad arms race because this is a video game and people are attracted to space combat. That’s just the way it is. This game is much more cerebral than any other space game I’ve ever been in.
But no one got any closer to solving a puzzle.
So a second mission was organized to try to draw attention to more ruins. Again the observations didn’t quite come up to par. I have also seen magazine articles where the opinion was that the players discovered the clues in the wrong order because they were doing their own thing and not really following the steps.
So I could believe that something like this was put in there just so people would notice it. And it would have to make some kind of sense not just be a bunch of crap. Makes the game feel authentic. And it’s also a breadcrumb for a player to get excited about even though it pertains to pretty much nothing but the process you already know all too well. So it’s kind of useless anyway.
That’s my take anyway
Yours
V

Last edited:
Huh.

I watched your video, and your analysis of the markings on the sites, the crystals etc. Are you not just reading obscure instructions into simple textures, on incidental set dressing? I'm not sure the devs are intending us to try and read textures for clues. Glowy obelisk symbols, sure.

View attachment 344341

View attachment 344342
Just a quick note. The way you can tell my own work is that I don’t actually own a computer. I work two jobs and I’m broke as hell and I use an iPhone 7 to do pretty much everything. So the markings that look like they’ve been drawn with a finger are me. I don’t really have any professional tools to make arrows and stuff like that.

New discovery

The carvings are not scratched up. Those are not scratches. Those are pigmentation lines of something that was painted over the carving to complete the picture. I need a clearer image to break this all down but here’s what I can see so far.

Top Bottom