Guardian Science Corps

Thanks for that.
Where are your search efforts currently located? I checked your field operations section on Discord, but most of the information there is a couple of months out of date.

Thanks for that.
Where are your search efforts currently located? I checked your field operations section on Discord, but most of the information there is a couple of months out of date.
The head field researcher from what I remember had just bought a new home and was working a lot. I think he said he got it under control but then poof he disappeared. I think I can still DM him. I will let him know. I am currently in the field, taking the structures apart, brick by brick. 😂

General discussions in the Cantina are where a lot of conversations have been ending up although I’m trying to stick to categories relevant to conversation.

I am currently testing structures connected to the beacons. I’m finding irregularities. Some I already knew existed, and some are new. Trying to separate the layers. I believe some of these might be constructs.

I had actually just come on the forms to start a new discussion about one of the findings.

Thanks for that.

So this is one of the latest. The other one is that I have discovered consistent heat spikes in very particular places around one of the structures and I’m trying to figure out why. It is the closest beacon connected structure to the guardian bubble.

It would appear that the beacon parts that move are actually the same struts and arches we see on the ground at the structures.

This might have been mentioned already but the developers have literally done interviews where they described how they made the guardian ruins - they specifically designed them to be devoid of hidden meaning and to not follow any human conventions of settlement building or sense.
Never said they were hidden meanings or codes.
They are navigational tools. But in order to look alien, they are made extremely abstract, and all objects represented are in geometric forms.
People with better education than me have scratched their heads at this.
The beta complex, for instance, is literally a layout of an elliptical orbit, with two bodies being exposed in someway to a powerful star. The three dimensional features seem to indicate mass of the objects, their orbital mechanics, and some kind of pressure or energy wave that’s being emitted in pulses.
And the only way I could figure this out is to find a complex that did not have any tech on top of it. When you just look at the structure itself, you start to understand its principles.
It’s not a code, but it’s abstract enough where you have to really crunch in order to interpret some of the data. And I have only scratched the surface barely on this.

Last edited:
I'm far from being any expert on Guardian lore, but from what I think I know ( ;) ) there are only three Guardian bubbles. The "close one" ~800ly away from the Bubble. A second one further to the galactic east and the third one that @Ian Doncaster mentioned closer to the Galactic Core.
As far as I am aware there is no other Guardian presence mentioned anywhere.
Wait. I missed that somehow.
“Further to the galactic east” from… gamma velorum?
I didn’t see that one.
The three that I know for sure are confirmed are the bubble, the area around hen 2-333, and the region near Bernards Loop.
We have been trying to check and confirm other locked areas but we are not finding anything guardian and we are not finding brain trees either.
What’s the area there you are talking about? I would love to send a team to check it out.
V

This is exactly what I'm talking about when I say the developers deliberately chose to make random layouts that didn't follow standard human-recognisable patterns.

A navigational compass is in fact... Something we can make sense of.

I believe it was said in a discussion panel during Lavecon 2022, during their special Frameshift Live stream. I can't find the VOD anywhere, but I am looking, and if I can find it I'll link it.

But if I remember right, the essence of what they said was "we designed the ruins to have recognisable patterns, realised that wouldn't make sense for an alien race to build human-readable structures, and so basically placed everything non-logically."

All this implies that your conviction that there is some hidden puzzle in the guardian ruin layouts is just like those people who were convinced the HIP 22460 Thargoid cry was a "Hello". Seeing patterns where there deliberately are none.

Just saying, having found this thread interesting...

"Standard Human-Recognizable" is they key here.
Just because they didn't use STANDARD methods of placement, doesn't mean they didn't use OBSCURE methods, or less recognizable.

Look at the Sydney Opera House, or Disney EPCOT Sphere, ect..
Just because it isnt Standard, doesn't mean it's completely unrecognizable.

And, no matter what Fdev may or may not (May not, since even now, I can't find any true quoted evidence of any such statements) have said about Guardian sites be completely random, or non-logical, that entire thing is proven false within the game and its lore already.

Case and point, Ram Tah.

He supposedly decoded the Guardian "language" or "symbols", and he's "Human".
So just because a puzzle is hard, or obscure, doesn't make it completely non-logical or random, or that a human CANT figure it out.

The idea that the layouts are compasses of some kind, has been in my mind for years, but I don't have the knowledge of historical mapping, tracking, and navigation methods to follow up.

And to hear and see the "resentment" and "revulsion" that this thought/theory seems to bring, is very curious and dis-hearting, considering the search for Raxxla has much less evidence then this theory does, yet no one denies any avenue of research with that...

The Guardians lore runs deep with the game of Elite, including the AI Constructs, and the races eventual destruction by their own hand ultimately.

To say that the what, a total 50 Guardian locations we have, is all that's left of this supremely intellectual and wide-spread race, that's the mistake in my opinion.
I agree that there must be more out there, possibly large ships, or the constructs themselves, which may be Dyson sphere like objects or who knows... or just more sites that have different symbols ect, that lead Ram Tah to unlock different blueprints for different modules.

I really doubt we are supposed to believe the AI Constructs wiped out the entire Guardian race, and left no traces except these specific, seemingly random, locations...
Why?
An AI wouldn't RANDOMLY leave evidence of a race it wanted to remove from existence for its own self-preservation, and seemingly went to great lengths to apparently achive this completed goal.
It would destroy EVERYTHING, or nothing, when it comes to structures, especially ones that are active, can be powered, and contain Guardian knowledge.
It would have destroyed every last spec of proof of their existence, or just killed them and left their structures untouched across the galaxy.
But not destroy 99% and leave these random things....

UNLESS, it WANTED to have evidence left behind, knowledge available, and likely, IMHO a map to where they, the constructs, were going... or possibly, to where a great enemy can be defeated (I.e. Thargoids) using advanced technology that the Constructs used to destroy the Guardians and then abandoned themselves as they had no need for it further, but left themselves, or less likely, the next intelligent evolution of bio-creatures and their potential AI in this galaxy, a "map", and the tools, to relocate it if ever needed to defend themselves/Itself from extermination.

I might add...
More than half the galaxy is server sided.
The entire BGS.
There is an absolute, 100%, possible chance, that when the proper "gates" or "checkpoints" are reached/actived by a CMDR, that further Guardian stuff could happen/be found/unlocked.
I mention this because I often get the argument about Raxxla that there are no assets for it in the game files, but assets are meaningless in this game, as they could be downloaded/pushed, at-will, by the server, in real-time, but only once activated/unlocked.
And most the Guardian assest are already in game, so having a handful of additional ones that down get downloaded/pushed when/if activated correctly by someone the first time, isn't hard to do.... and it would be even more achievable if Fdev simply had a single instance running on their server, that runs in the system that has the hidden stuff, and until someone completes the "gates" to enter this specific, server sided instance, they can't see the assets, and not directly downloaded as physical assets to any PC until after first discovery by a CMDR, likely with a cut scene like Salvations Pulse, a long loading jump, or some such other mechanism for the first CMDR that discovers it, and then probably just a game update for everyone else....

Anyways, I hope more people give this a chance, I'd help if I wasn't out by Beagle Point, and if I had more knowledge and understanding of what's being investigated and how to relates to what, ect....

Last edited:
Just saying, having found this thread interesting...

"Standard Human-Recognizable" is they key here.
Just because they didn't use STANDARD methods of placement, doesn't mean they didn't use OBSCURE methods, or less recognizable.

Look at the Sydney Opera House, or Disney EPCOT Sphere, ect..
Just because it isnt Standard, doesn't mean it's completely unrecognizable.

And, no matter what Fdev may or may not (May not, since even now, I can't find any true quoted evidence of any such statements) have said about Guardian sites be completely random, or non-logical, that entire thing is proven false within the game and its lore already.

Case and point, Ram Tah.

He supposedly decoded the Guardian "language" or "symbols", and he's "Human".
So just because a puzzle is hard, or obscure, doesn't make it completely non-logical or random, or that a human CANT figure it out.

The idea that the layouts are compasses of some kind, has been in my mind for years, but I don't have the knowledge of historical mapping, tracking, and navigation methods to follow up.

And to hear and see the "resentment" and "revulsion" that this thought/theory seems to bring, is very curious and dis-hearting, considering the search for Raxxla has much less evidence then this theory does, yet no one denies any avenue of research with that...

The Guardians lore runs deep with the game of Elite, including the AI Constructs, and the races eventual destruction by their own hand ultimately.

To say that the what, a total 50 Guardian locations we have, is all that's left of this supremely intellectual and wide-spread race, that's the mistake in my opinion.
I agree that there must be more out there, possibly large ships, or the constructs themselves, which may be Dyson sphere like objects or who knows... or just more sites that have different symbols ect, that lead Ram Tah to unlock different blueprints for different modules.

I really doubt we are supposed to believe the AI Constructs wiped out the entire Guardian race, and left no traces except these specific, seemingly random, locations...
Why?
An AI wouldn't RANDOMLY leave evidence of a race it wanted to remove from existence for its own self-preservation, and seemingly went to great lengths to apparently achive this completed goal.
It would destroy EVERYTHING, or nothing, when it comes to structures, especially ones that are active, can be powered, and contain Guardian knowledge.
It would have destroyed every last spec of proof of their existence, or just killed them and left their structures untouched across the galaxy.
But not destroy 99% and leave these random things....

UNLESS, it WANTED to have evidence left behind, knowledge available, and likely, IMHO a map to where they, the constructs, were going... or possibly, to where a great enemy can be defeated (I.e. Thargoids) using advanced technology that the Constructs used to destroy the Guardians and then abandoned themselves as they had no need for it further, but left themselves, or less likely, the next intelligent evolution of bio-creatures and their potential AI in this galaxy, a "map", and the tools, to relocate it if ever needed to defend themselves/Itself from extermination.

I might add...
More than half the galaxy is server sided.
The entire BGS.
There is an absolute, 100%, possible chance, that when the proper "gates" or "checkpoints" are reached/actived by a CMDR, that further Guardian stuff could happen/be found/unlocked.
I mention this because I often get the argument about Raxxla that there are no assets for it in the game files, but assets are meaningless in this game, as they could be downloaded/pushed, at-will, by the server, in real-time, but only once activated/unlocked.
And most the Guardian assest are already in game, so having a handful of additional ones that down get downloaded/pushed when/if activated correctly by someone the first time, isn't hard to do.... and it would be even more achievable if Fdev simply had a single instance running on their server, that runs in the system that has the hidden stuff, and until someone completes the "gates" to enter this specific, server sided instance, they can't see the assets, and not directly downloaded as physical assets to any PC until after first discovery by a CMDR, likely with a cut scene like Salvations Pulse, a long loading jump, or some such other mechanism for the first CMDR that discovers it, and then probably just a game update for everyone else....

Anyways, I hope more people give this a chance, I'd help if I wasn't out by Beagle Point, and if I had more knowledge and understanding of what's being investigated and how to relates to what, ect....
Hi,
You are correct. I like the way you think. Besides myself, you are the only person who has openly said a lot of these things.
The alpha complex has a series of features that appear to be a compass or sundial, but that is not its primary purpose.
Each alpha has eight markers that mark different directions, we have found that these complexes were built in clusters and five of the markers refer to the other five alpha complexes in the cluster it belongs to. On the Galaxy map if you continue these straight lines, you will see that the markers also lineup with the distant clusters Positioned around the galactic disk.
The carved lines in the complex appear to be equations of some kind, giving you an explanation of the bodies represented in the map. This looks like an abstract version of either calculus or trigonometry. And we can see the obvious telltale signs of orbital mechanics. Five dials are present that may have to do with ratios, angles, or a timing sequence.
To clarify
Upon my last check of the Canon list, I believe there were over 400 ruin sites. Almost 500. And over 200 structures have been discovered. And only 30 beacons have been discovered, even though we have discovered 32 complexes that are built specifically for beacons. The two sticky hand complexes at the battlefield sites should have a corresponding beacon but we have never found them. Trapezium, and Wregoe .
The state of the civilization is quite simple, and is written plainly in the logs.
The species was highly interdependent. And absolutely worshipers of natural science. The introduction of foreign technology into the guardian body was completely offensive to this Puritist mentality. Guardians that were implanted with outside technology were banished from the species after losing a skirmish in the home systems. They had become dependent on hardware and the log states that the AI recognized this vulnerability and built new hardware for them. This could pertain to a separate monolith network. We are not sure.
But the exiles failed to be mentioned anytime after that. After they left, the remaining species got into a conflict over what to do with the AI that slowly deteriorated into a full scale war. According to the logs, most of the colonies got involved, but not all of them. This war lasted over century. Again, the exiles are never brought up again.
So, on that note, we are absolutely certain that the AI is still out there, possibly more than one by now, because it is a sentient life form and more than capable of self replicating. And then there are the exiles who would’ve had a solid foot after a century on their own by the time the rest of the species collapsed. And then there are the colonies that stayed out of the conflict. The abolitionist had completely removed most of the offensive tech from the home systems so the idea that an AI could even target them with all of its tech in that area removed is iffy at best.
We also have serious doubts about the extinction story because of the scale of the species. The ships computer claims they were in space for 8000 years. That is trillions upon trillions in population. Spread across a distance of hundreds of thousands of light years.
Colonies
Expeditions
Military exercises
Travel or tourism
There was an entire empire spread across vast distance. We have serious doubts that a machine intelligence could’ve succeeded in absolutely wiping out every living Guardian. Regardless of the speed of the strike, there would’ve been warnings. Alarms. Evacuations. We are pretty confident there were survivors. Refugees.

And thargoid forces had withdrawn sometime before, this species does not give me the impression that they were actively hunting and eliminating guardians. So I don’t think that the survivors succumbed to hunt and slaughter like some people are saying. The bugs came for the resources they had prepared and they were driven out of the area. Never to return those particular systems.
Everything the guardians built, seems to have an educational/navigational purpose. Like a tool. Since the monolith network was built specifically for communication, the guess is that these things were built in a way that would lead you home in case the network ever crashed. But that’s just a theory right now.
The GSC is recruiting problem solvers and thinkers if you are interested. I will be chasing this particular conundrum until I drop dead most likely. I don’t plan on giving up.
But you are welcome to poke around our server if you are curious.
Yours
V

Top Bottom