Guardian Science Corps

any new discoveries regarding actual tech would require finding a site with a different blueprint or something physical but related

for me, when the sites were discovered, I was getting as many ship blueprints as module and weapon blueprints at one site
it was nerfed a very long time after and behaves as it is today(mostly) I never once even knew about the Key at space orb till January 2022
I had all the blueprints, the key to me was just something to search for and maybe find one day..
and giving all the stuff over time to engineers(from missions to specific sites) got them to create some things we could then buy
it was quite a wait for the slf's and not what I hoped for
part of my reasoning was I had power plants and distributers...kind of expected something large to put them in.
something like that might even have no weapon limit..
made sense then and more sense now, thanks to fdev making it clear we missed some stuff
at the time I bought any it helped save a lot of engineering time, which has pretty much all been replaced.
so...kind of less useful than they ought to be
and right now using the power plant is just dangerous

and the tiny ones at the sites as well as the slfs make me think there has to be more.
why put a rolls engine in a 60 year old gm van ?

space is big.
both races guardian and thargoid seem to be or have been everywhere..
and whats a million or 3 years in time and or space movements..

anyway, the engineers will offer new missions to places with new tech if it exists and if we find any such places, imo
and I like to think a t least a cool ship might be a possibility or something related

That's true, but they didn't reveal them to anyone until Ram Tah had actually designed them based on data returns from Guardian sites. There might be one of those steps required to unlock them globally first.

My guess is that the logs refer to the large Guardian/Brain Tree area about half way to Sag A* ... which contains a permit-locked region with I think a few ruins of already-known types outside it. But it might not be that.

It was never hidden. It was just never found. There is even some debate among the canon members about the number of modules found. Comparatively speaking. The logs in your first Guardian mission mention another large area. By the time the second guardian mission came out most of the structures and beacons have been discovered. And a large area having thrusters and starship blueprints was mentioned again. Those blueprints were never required. That Area was never found. And hardly one percent of the map has been discovered. According to a couple of the canon activity maps, there are several locked regions from here to beagle point. Dozens of new sites have been discovered in the last eight months, but no structures or beacons yet. Canon and igau have a list available I believe, but not all of the maps are actually updated. I actually headed up a project to verify and rectify the problem. Some of them abs are out of date. it is being worked on . But between the mapping efforts of the two big science groups, the guardian areas are expanding. People just gave up after they found weapon blueprints. Or It’s just too hard for them to figure out.
Let me say that what I meant was to (almost) rule out the possibilty that there are undiscovered guardian module/ship blueprints from the Ram Tah missions era (years back). However, I totally agree that FDev could’ve added something very recently, that is, since U14 and its not ready for “deployment” yet, or will add them in the near future.

Who knows, maybe you/we’ll find Raxxla!?

I would add that I have always believed that bodies that have certain ruins might once have been pilotable as in they are guardian ships, just probably not ones that fly more than they currently do

the rumors long ago made me always keep caves or a way to get below ground in mind for a thing to also look for.

Sounds intriguing and I believe the logs do state such exist.
At the same time I believe they don't actually exist in the game.
I would like to be wrong.

That's true, but they didn't reveal them to anyone until Ram Tah had actually designed them based on data returns from Guardian sites. There might be one of those steps required to unlock them globally first.

My guess is that the logs refer to the large Guardian/Brain Tree area about half way to Sag A* ... which contains a permit-locked region with I think a few ruins of already-known types outside it. But it might not be that.
My thoughts for a long time now have been that it’s that area that the logs were referring to.

I also have a sneaking suspicion however that the beacons and associated sites were originally going to be in that area but got moved after all the moaning from people about how hard/time consuming/grindy/whatevs the modules were to get after they were introduced in 3.0. It would have gone down like a lead balloon if they then introduced pretty much exactly the same thing in 3.2 but with an extra step to go through (the beacon/key bit), plus a much bigger distance to travel as well.

(I might be wrong of course!)

Let me say that what I meant was to (almost) rule out the possibilty that there are undiscovered guardian module/ship blueprints from the Ram Tah missions era (years back). However, I totally agree that FDev could’ve added something very recently, that is, since U14 and its not ready for “deployment” yet, or will add them in the near future.

Who knows, maybe you/we’ll find Raxxla!?
From what we know, and the enigmatic vague messages we’ve gotten back from the developers, the puzzle on the guardians was completed and then left behind. The players never actually solved it. There are no further updates on my version of the game because I am on Xbox. So the version on consuls at least should have all of the original material and probably wasn’t altered after that. Odyssey however may have additions to the original mission because you guys are Still receiving updates. I don’t have any confirmation though

From what we know, and the enigmatic vague messages we’ve gotten back from the developers, the puzzle on the guardians was completed and then left behind. The players never actually solved it. There are no further updates on my version of the game because I am on Xbox. So the version on consuls at least should have all of the original material and probably wasn’t altered after that. Odyssey however may have additions to the original mission because you guys are Still receiving updates. I don’t have any confirmation though
I’m not aware of additions to the original mission (even in Odyssey), however the green relics suggest “something” was added after the tragedy of HIP 22460, that’s still an ongoing mystery.
If you really happen to find blueprints from the past, that would be a great discovery (and a great oversight from devs/CMs). Good luck and please report back with your findings cmdr o7.

My name is Clara
I have started a group in Discord called the Guardian science corps, and we have discovered that the alpha ruin is actually a giant compass with some sort of map installed. Your ship is the central instrument for this compass. We are also starting to decode parts of the language.
The first assignment is going to be to find the second guardian region hinted at in the logs. After much investigation we have come to the conclusion that the hints in a logs did not refer to the current known guardian bubble. And that there should be a region out there with beacons and structures that contain blueprints for thrusters and starships among other things.
The group is actively recruiting on discord.
Guardian chronicles
I had a theory 6 years ago when the guardian stuff started, that the ruin layouts pointed to the other systems which had ruins on them. I suspected the ruin sites in different systems all needed line of sight to each other (here's a link to my post https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...eries-thread-9-the-canonn.300054/post-5066194 ). I couldn't quite figure out how to decode the layouts of the ruins though. This compass theory looks like it might be what I was missing.

I ended up getting burnt out thinking I was chasing ghosts and with FDev not confirming there was still stuff to find I gave up. I might have to do some more digging. Any chance you could PM an invite to the discord group?

@ClaraRulesSpace I looked you up on Inara and noticed you tried to use the achievements history to enter logbooks, which doesn't really work (and that you currently still have zero actual logbook entries).
So I've sent you a PM to clarify how logbook entries work on Inara, which I think is a really nice system (that also supports HTML-like elements).

In case anyone is interested, here is a screenshot of that PM:

1675082757433.png

Last edited:
I had a theory 6 years ago when the guardian stuff started, that the ruin layouts pointed to the other systems which had ruins on them. I suspected the ruin sites in different systems all needed line of sight to each other (here's a link to my post https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...eries-thread-9-the-canonn.300054/post-5066194 ). I couldn't quite figure out how to decode the layouts of the ruins though. This compass theory looks like it might be what I was missing.

I ended up getting burnt out thinking I was chasing ghosts and with FDev not confirming there was still stuff to find I gave up. I might have to do some more digging. Any chance you could PM an invite to the discord group?
You are not chasing ghosts. The developers will not verify anything. because of this too many veteran players have thrown up their hands and claimed the developers were blocking their progress.
I have locked horns with almost every member of Cannon leader ship because apparently this is where a lot of it started and it was trickling down. Blowing off markings as decorative and things like this when the Lord specifically states that nothing is actually purely decorative. At the same time we have submitted full reports to Cannon about the compass function of the alpha and the leader, no fool like one, is Vehemently denying that that is proof of any kind. This is why Canon has not moved forward in the Alpha puzzle. The thing that aggravates me about it is their rhetoric is dragging the rest of the community down and making the puzzle unsolvable. It has also caused players to hoard information for fear of criticism so no one shared anything either. I have blasted cannons leader ship on their own feeds for these things and almost been kicked out twice. But apparently made my point as both of the projects I started in their laboratories are going full stream right now and a lot of fresh blood has joined the Group and started sinking their teeth into this puzzle. I am hoping I have brought much-needed enthusiasm back to Cannon.
My own group is called the Guardian science corps, I started this group because of the issues stated above. I wanted enthusiastic problem solvers that understood that until you prove me wrong everything is on the table.
With this in mind, it seems to be making some progress.
I am tearing apart the ground markers right now. Some thing I just thought was uniform symbolism has turned out to have a lot more details that even I missed after examining these stupid things for months. So a lot of the clues are also really subtle and not easy to catch.
If you send me a message on Discord I can add you to the group. I have allowed the team I mentioned in the video that is ahead of us access to the group but I think they are only ahead of us on certain matters. So you can take most of their advice with a grain of salt but these guys have taken the complete scientific approach to the puzzle instead of a clue oriented one.
It helps with the context.
My discord
Feel free to message me if you would like to be added to the group. You can take a look at the Codex.
Yours
V

@ClaraRulesSpace I looked you up on Inara and noticed you tried to use the achievements history to enter logbooks, which doesn't really work (and that you currently still have zero actual logbook entries).
So I've sent you a PM to clarify how logbook entries work on Inara, which I think is a really nice system (that also supports HTML-like elements).

In case anyone is interested, here is a screenshot of that PM:

View attachment 343593
❤️❤️❤️I had pretty much given up. You are right, I spent like four days screwing with that trying to figure out how to put my logs in there and put entries about the information we were discovering on my page but I pretty much gave up because it seemed impossible. The only logs I was allowed to record only let you do like two or three sentences.

Despite posting this everywhere and blowing it completely out of proportion, to this day no evidence was provided, as far as I'm aware.
Learn to read reports. You and no fool couldn’t figure out how to make the process work from the logs so you are the only two naysaying this. I have visited five areas so far and applied the same principles. The upper platforms with particular markings are aligned to a very particular system dynamic that I’m trying to identify. The ruins were placed in a way that puts all points of the Guardian civilization in a straight line toward certain markers. These markers not just line up with local bodies, but regional ruins, and distant guardian areas sometimes at the same exact time of day. There is a huge formula here that you guys are missing because you adamantly refused to test the report that was put right in front of your face three times in the cannon feeds. Test the model and then come back to me. I am matching these points up with markers right now and trying to pick apart the specific meaning of the markers on the platforms.
I made another realization while doing that.
Even want to be geniuses from prismatic imperium didn’t catch this.
The plate designs on the platforms vary. There are tiny differences that even I did not notice picking them apart for weeks. The addition and subtraction of corners. The addition and subtraction of obelisks. Certain obelisks being broken, deliberately to either match a number or a sequence, the ground plates themselves are not perfectly symmetrical but seem to be positioned in certain ways to tell you whether a body is present or not in a certain system. I could go on for hours.
The reason I don’t post these findings in Canaan anymore it’s because I end up having to argue with you guys. None of you ever jump on board and say let’s figure this out. You dismiss or downplay everything you don’t post yourselves, sometimes without even looking at it first.
What you should be doing is saying, hey there might be something there let me look. So I don’t know where this idiotic rumor of the perceived teamwork at canon came from but it doesn’t exist from what I’ve seen.
So basically you guys won’t listen to anything that Jesus Christ himself hasn’t written in the Bible with his own finger. And I don’t wanna waste time justifying the path that I am on to a bunch of people who will simply not accept anything. No fool does not want to work on any problem that hasn’t already been proven. Which kind of defeats the purpose of having a laboratory in the first place. This is where we are supposed to solve these things. This is not where we are supposed to bring proof like we’re in front of a ing jury. You guys need to put your nose is back in the books and stop looking down them at people.
What we have figured out is that this is a tool that operates a certain way. What we do not know is why. We also do not know specifically what its purposes. As in, what precisely it’s trying to lead you to. So until someone actually has a conclusion of what this alien race was thinking they can’t make a report and submit it to you guys. That’s the sad truth. You are not acting like a scientific discovery group, you’re acting like the Smithsonian. Canon is not a museum. And you guys should be working with us on this.
I should not have had to start my own science group in order to work this puzzle out.
Go back to the report. It’s pinned for your viewing pleasure. Get your ass to NGC 3199 and compare your findings with ours. The first report took four days to complete the experiment. Running wild has since gone back and has been there for a week. I alone spent five days testing the same model. Running wild is now actually making progress breaking down the relic tower alignments at the alpha and what they are specifically pointing at.
I’m awaiting his conclusion so I can test it closer to Gamma v.
I have taken his findings to other alpha complexes to see what kind of results I get. This is what you should be doing along with a couple other members of Canaan to verify whether or not this is true. If your group wants to make progress it at least has to try. Not just sit around and wait for us to figure it out for you. While you drag me into meaningless discussions to justify what I said.
Work the Clues Coe
They are all over the place
V

I'm not trying to be combative. I just want clarification. I've been playing this game a long time but there's a lot of lore that I've ignored, like many others, because the puzzles are beyond me. I like to have fun and fly a space ships but figuring out compass bearings to other stars from a structure that is orbiting a star and also rotating is a bit much. I'd like to have those thrusters though, if they exist.
It doesn’t really help that this game is so far outside the box.
It does not come with the same kind of instructions and does not play out the same way. So the game by itself is a little confusing and difficult to figure out. No reference points for relevant or layman information to help you get things started. Then the puzzles are laid out in a complex mathematical way. Almost like they were designed for college students. The logs are laid out in a very particular textbook type fashion unlike most video game instructions. So you read over it for its instructional knowledge And you missed tons of clues that are cleverly placed in the logs in the same way they are put in a history book. If you don’t have presence of mine to memorize certain details you totally missed them.
I wouldn’t be surprised if one of the developers was an ex teacher or something like that.
But this is not a video game as we are used to video games. It is more like a digital classroom with ridiculous amounts of travel time added to every damn task. Trust me, I feel your pain.😂

This might have been mentioned already but the developers have literally done interviews where they described how they made the guardian ruins - they specifically designed them to be devoid of hidden meaning and to not follow any human conventions of settlement building or sense.

❤️❤️❤️I had pretty much given up.
Let's hope you are better at not missing ingame contents than you are at not missing text. :p

You are right, I spent like four days screwing with that trying to figure out how to put my logs in there and put entries about the information we were discovering on my page but I pretty much gave up because it seemed impossible. The only logs I was allowed to record only let you do like two or three sentences.
I am confused that you still write this, since you 1. didn't add logs but achievements (which I clarified) and 2. only repeated what I already based my statement upon.
Did you actually realize that you spent four days trying to use the wrong feature while overlooking the correct feature, which is specifially designed for ingame lore and roleplay stuff (i.e. what you tried to do)?
Will you also use Inara logbooks now? (I noticed you still didn't read my PM thus didn't follow my links on Inara.)

However, I'm looking forward to your content.
It's great still seeing new players enjoying the game like that. For the reasons stated by others, I am not quite optimistic, but I'd totally love it if we all just missed the hints and FDev miscommunicated such that there still are unexplored novel contents.

Last edited:
Top Bottom