Guardian Science Corps

Just saying, having found this thread interesting...

"Standard Human-Recognizable" is they key here.
Just because they didn't use STANDARD methods of placement, doesn't mean they didn't use OBSCURE methods, or less recognizable.

Look at the Sydney Opera House, or Disney EPCOT Sphere, ect..
Just because it isnt Standard, doesn't mean it's completely unrecognizable.

And, no matter what Fdev may or may not (May not, since even now, I can't find any true quoted evidence of any such statements) have said about Guardian sites be completely random, or non-logical, that entire thing is proven false within the game and its lore already.

Case and point, Ram Tah.

He supposedly decoded the Guardian "language" or "symbols", and he's "Human".
So just because a puzzle is hard, or obscure, doesn't make it completely non-logical or random, or that a human CANT figure it out.

The idea that the layouts are compasses of some kind, has been in my mind for years, but I don't have the knowledge of historical mapping, tracking, and navigation methods to follow up.

And to hear and see the "resentment" and "revulsion" that this thought/theory seems to bring, is very curious and dis-hearting, considering the search for Raxxla has much less evidence then this theory does, yet no one denies any avenue of research with that...

The Guardians lore runs deep with the game of Elite, including the AI Constructs, and the races eventual destruction by their own hand ultimately.

To say that the what, a total 50 Guardian locations we have, is all that's left of this supremely intellectual and wide-spread race, that's the mistake in my opinion.
I agree that there must be more out there, possibly large ships, or the constructs themselves, which may be Dyson sphere like objects or who knows... or just more sites that have different symbols ect, that lead Ram Tah to unlock different blueprints for different modules.

I really doubt we are supposed to believe the AI Constructs wiped out the entire Guardian race, and left no traces except these specific, seemingly random, locations...
Why?
An AI wouldn't RANDOMLY leave evidence of a race it wanted to remove from existence for its own self-preservation, and seemingly went to great lengths to apparently achive this completed goal.
It would destroy EVERYTHING, or nothing, when it comes to structures, especially ones that are active, can be powered, and contain Guardian knowledge.
It would have destroyed every last spec of proof of their existence, or just killed them and left their structures untouched across the galaxy.
But not destroy 99% and leave these random things....

UNLESS, it WANTED to have evidence left behind, knowledge available, and likely, IMHO a map to where they, the constructs, were going... or possibly, to where a great enemy can be defeated (I.e. Thargoids) using advanced technology that the Constructs used to destroy the Guardians and then abandoned themselves as they had no need for it further, but left themselves, or less likely, the next intelligent evolution of bio-creatures and their potential AI in this galaxy, a "map", and the tools, to relocate it if ever needed to defend themselves/Itself from extermination.

I might add...
More than half the galaxy is server sided.
The entire BGS.
There is an absolute, 100%, possible chance, that when the proper "gates" or "checkpoints" are reached/actived by a CMDR, that further Guardian stuff could happen/be found/unlocked.
I mention this because I often get the argument about Raxxla that there are no assets for it in the game files, but assets are meaningless in this game, as they could be downloaded/pushed, at-will, by the server, in real-time, but only once activated/unlocked.
And most the Guardian assest are already in game, so having a handful of additional ones that down get downloaded/pushed when/if activated correctly by someone the first time, isn't hard to do.... and it would be even more achievable if Fdev simply had a single instance running on their server, that runs in the system that has the hidden stuff, and until someone completes the "gates" to enter this specific, server sided instance, they can't see the assets, and not directly downloaded as physical assets to any PC until after first discovery by a CMDR, likely with a cut scene like Salvations Pulse, a long loading jump, or some such other mechanism for the first CMDR that discovers it, and then probably just a game update for everyone else....

Anyways, I hope more people give this a chance, I'd help if I wasn't out by Beagle Point, and if I had more knowledge and understanding of what's being investigated and how to relates to what, ect....
Source: https://youtu.be/4QINlFG2rwo?si=RsDWx6TE39yvok6t

Need some clarification here because I’ve just been accused of NecroIng? The only thing that comes to mind when I hear that phrase is that this thread is supposed to be dead when this is in fact, my thread that I chose to moderate myself so I could keep valuable records from the GSC in the forums where people could access them.
So how long do you have to go without posting in a thread before it becomes dead in the eyes of the moderators? A lot of these parameters were never explained to me, so I was under the impression that this thread would not be messed with as long as I kept things Tidy.
If other people are going to be moderating, then why do you get the option to moderate yourself? I don’t really understand, are you supposed to share this responsibility with the people in the forums? Or does this thread belong to you when you choose that option? Quite frankly, I’m just getting confused and I’m starting to understand why we left England

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Need some clarification here because I’ve just been accused of NecroIng? The only thing that comes to mind when I hear that phrase is that this thread is supposed to be dead when this is in fact, my thread that I chose to moderate myself so I could keep valuable records from the GSC in the forums where people could access them.
So how long do you have to go without posting in a thread before it becomes dead in the eyes of the moderators? A lot of these parameters were never explained to me, so I was under the impression that this thread would not be messed with as long as I kept things Tidy.
If other people are going to be moderating, then why do you get the option to moderate yourself? I don’t really understand, are you supposed to share this responsibility with the people in the forums? Or does this thread belong to you when you choose that option? Quite frankly, I’m just getting confused and I’m starting to understand why we left England
1. No you weren't accused of Necroing, but you were bumping the thread which is against the forum rules. Which you really should take the time to read.

2. You don't moderate this thread yourself, this is an open Discussion forum

3. You don't get the option to moderate it yourself, outside of editing the title/tags, and your own posts. I'm not sure what you mean.

4. Leave nationalities out of this, and with regards to your other post you tried to make. Stop publicly contesting moderation! It's not the first time I've asked, it's in the rules, and quite frankly I'm getting tired of having to repeat them to you.

1. No you weren't accused of Necroing, but you were bumping the thread which is against the forum rules. Which you really should take the time to read.

3. You don't get the option to moderate it yourself, outside of editing the title/tags, and your own posts. I'm not sure what you mean.

4. Leave nationalities out of this, and with regards to your other post you tried to make. Stop publicly contesting moderation! It's not the first time I've asked, it's in the rules, and quite frankly I'm getting tired of having to repeat them to you.
I had two messages. One of them I have already figured out, my being ignorant of what certain terms mean in the computer world because I’m new to computers. But the other one definitely said necroing. So there were two violations I think.
And I did read the rules, but the problem is being new to technology. There’s a lot I don’t understand in there.
The whole moderating thing, I got that impression when I was opening a thread, one day and there’s some button that says self moderate or something like that? It was a button I pushed. I just assumed that it meant you didn’t want any help from moderators, and that you could watch the page on your own. a lot of stuff in here seems very vague to me and I’m starting to understand it’s because I don’t really speak the language of computers yet.
If the option existed, I would directly message one of you guys, but I feel like you’re only here in a disciplinary capacity and not really here in a customer service capacity. If I’m wrong about that, just clarify. But yeah, it appears that I read things and I get an impression and in the computer world it is usually the wrong one.
Work in progress

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
If the option existed, I would directly message one of you guys, but I feel like you’re only here in a disciplinary capacity and not really here in a customer service capacity. If I’m wrong about that, just clarify. But yeah, it appears that I read things and I get an impression and in the computer world it is usually the wrong one.
Work in progress
We are not here in a Customer Service capacity because we're not employed by Frontier, which is why we have the word Volunteer in our titles. Contact them if you want that.

But we do regularly answer questions that forum members had. You can ask questions that don't break the forum rules by creating a thread ,ideally, in the forum support section. You can also direct message moderators, via the button to start a conversation.

You know this option exists because you have started multiple conversations with me in the last couple of years.

We are not here in a Customer Service capacity because we're not employed by Frontier, which is why we have the word Volunteer in our titles. Contact them if you want that.

But we do regularly answer questions that forum members had. You can ask questions that don't break the forum rules by creating a thread ,ideally, in the forum support section. You can also direct message moderators, via the button to start a conversation.

You know this option exists because you have started multiple conversations with me in the last couple of years.
Oh, I think I get it now. So DM with any questions or possible sensitive material and it stays off of the public feeds?
Don’t feel bad, I run a discord server, and I still don’t know how it works😂 so I’ve made some pretty epic mistakes just trying to set that up.
I took a screenshot of your comment here so I can remember the process. This is such a different world than Xbox.😂
Thanks for the clarification

I think I just figured out something. My mistake. If you're trying to start a thread on Reddit there is an option to moderate yourself. So I got the two confused. I really suck at technology.

Top Bottom