Hacker forum and what I learned

1. FDEV detects these trainers
2. Each new patch breaks them
3. Users are banned after 2 warnings

On point 2: not surprising. It's a newly compiled executable, the memory addresses shifted. Wouldn't have expected anything else.

But I really appreciate point 1 and 3. Although i think that 2 warnings are already at least 1 too many. But FD should also be more vocal about the banning. Also, actual banning, not shadow banning, i hope.

What FDev calls "ban" is not the revoke/block of account. It's a permanent shadowban. Kind of permanently forced Solo mode.
Not a problem at all for those who already plays in Solo always.

Does the shadowban also prevent them from contributing to CGs, participating in powerplay, affecting the BGS, manipulating market supply/demand, affecting the Thargoid war etc?

Because, if they can possibly affect me in any way possible then it isn't really a shadowban. Really, just outright banning them by deleting their account would be a much simpler solution to this whole scenario, producing a wonderful win-win scenario were the legitimate players benefit from fewer cheaters as they are scared of losing their accounts, while FD benefit from extra funding due to compulsive hackers burning through multiple accounts.

Alternatively, they could just stealthily alter the game for them like how some games do to prevent cheats and/or piracy without actually making it apparent that something is going on. Simply make it so that markets offer them terrible prices, mission boards offer consistently worthless missions and they continually get interdicted by supercharged near-unbeatable NPCs. Cheater stops playing but has still paid FD for the game and therefore everyone who matters wins.

The premise is it must be a lie or incompetence.
That said, even the analysis mode suggests the former.
:D
I agree. But you have to be incompetent to be a script-kiddie in the first place.

As far as I understand it you would need 2 separate pallets, one as a UI overlay on top of the rest of the game so it wouldn't have red faces and green enemies. This would negatively affect fps.

My impression is that these are PvE noobs. I didn't see any ganker chat whatsoever. Its like a bunch of kids looking for shortcuts. They want to travel to Colonia quickly, from what I saw. Of course, this is just 1 forum out of who knows how many.
Krash, there are 2 hacks in circulation, and we stumbled only upon the one that's publicly and easily obtainable.

As of 1 week ago (according to hacker forums):
All caught up. The hacker devs have been quiet in the past few weeks. I didn't see anything in this forum about HUD improvements. Everyone is clamoring about in-game functionality. I'm surprised someone didn't ask for "Space Legs" its that ridiculous.
Well, I'm certainly glad to see that FD is actively catching this stuff. I guess you're famous now, too, as they're obviously quoting this thread. Let them eat cake (and the cake is a lie).

Krash, there are 2 hacks in circulation, and we stumbled only upon the one that's publicly and easily obtainable.
The one I saw matches the screen shots with the sliders and whatnot. There's talk there of other trainers and even a schism between devs of different trainers. "Hey you stole my research!" No honor among thieves meme, if you plz.

Ahh, but this is where the responsibility of Google is now being called into question. It's a similar position to responsibility of search engines and facebook etc. for highlighting sites encouraging child molestation, suicides and such like.

Where does it begin, and where does it end? Should Google be highlighting a code hacking forum ? I suggest they could be sued.
Yeah, right. And news agencies as well because they inspire people to commit criminal offences, together with TV and weapon manufacturers. They're all guilty.

The one I saw matches the screen shots with the sliders and whatnot. There's talk there of other trainers and even a schism between devs of different trainers. "Hey you stole my research!" No honor among thieves meme, if you plz.
Publicly available hacks are not problems for companies, because they're easily obtainable and analysed. Hacks that are shared only through private channels are the biggest threat, and Ryan_M talks exactly about those hacks, obtainable only from the private Discord server.

Yeah I used cheats in Age of Empires for fun against the IA.
But those cheats affects other players and the galaxy itself (Via PP and BGS) and in a game where one of the most satisfying achievements is to raise from zero to Elite...
I suppose the 90% of cheaters are kids that doesn't understand the spirit of this game.

Hahaha yeah I remember using the cheat code "bigdaddy" to get the pimped cars lol

I agree. But you have to be incompetent to be a script-kiddie in the first place.

As far as I understand it you would need 2 separate pallets, one as a UI overlay on top of the rest of the game so it wouldn't have red faces and green enemies. This would negatively affect fps.

How exactly does the analysis mode manage it then?

Publicly available hacks are not problems for companies, because they're easily obtainable and analysed. Hacks that are shared only through private channels are the biggest threat, and Ryan_M talks exactly about those hacks, obtainable only from the private Discord server.
How is the private hack superior to the public one? It seems to me you can do everything your hearts desire with the public one. Maybe it has the HUD enhancement?

How is the private hack superior to the public one? It seems to me you can do everything your hearts desire with the public one. Maybe it has the HUD enhancement?
FD can't analyse it and it can't detect it, especially if a person doesn't overdo in its usage.
My son's friend wrote an aimbot for a certain FPS to test his skills. He never got caught using it.

Had the game had a offline mode then it wouldn't have mattered, the cheating people could just be banned to offline mode to do as they please.
FDev's own fault imo.
Wonder if the 2 strikes and you're out bans them for life, cause in the UK they can then ask for a full refund (unless it has changed (which would be sad)).

My impression is that these are PvE noobs. I didn't see any ganker chat whatsoever. Its like a bunch of kids looking for shortcuts. They want to travel to Colonia quickly, from what I saw. Of course, this is just 1 forum out of who knows how many.
This seems like you might have accessed a group that obtained the app, and not the authors. I applaud you for your digging - please keep going!

Top Bottom