Hacker forum and what I learned

Ghost banned players is just urban legend IMO.
There are several reports of players being shadow banned if you search for it in google.
Have to be honest, I'm amazed at just how light-handed FDev's punishment regime is. Like 'not at all convinced I'm happy to spend any more money with them' amazed.

The various 'exploits' of the past (mode switching, running missions when you know the payouts are glitched, even the old engineering exploit) are all open to some degree of debate as to how seriously, or otherwise, they should be treated.

Using a trainer, where a player has to make a conscious decision to download software and break the ToS every time they use it, is not in the same ballpark. It should be a warning the first time because everybody deserves one chance to change. Second offence - permanent account ban. Do not pass go, do not collect 200 credits, just pack up your stuff and sling your hook.

In particular, permaban to solo for a third offence send a very interesting message. See I mainly play in solo so whether it's their intent or not, what FDev are actually saying there is that they're happy to provide people who have been caught cheating three times with the same gameplay experience that I get, plus those players may be competing with me in any BGS activity that I choose to get involved in. Yeah cheers for that, it's good to know where I stand.

I haven't played for about three months but had been thinking about maybe dipping my toe in the water again. Not so much now.
Actually it seems like people aren't just banned to Solo but also loose the ability to influence the BGS.

Because I have access to the discord and no one has eaten bans which is usually the sign. They flag pieces that are likely to be detected and the rest are considered "currently undetected".
The same was true for the other hack. Untill FDEV found a way to detect it. Why do you believe it will be different this time?

That's actually how it has always been with cheating in every multiplayer game. Someone creates a hack, it works for a few months. Methods are found to detect it, players get banned for using it. Someone creates a new hack, and so on. The current situation is perfectly normal.

PS
Your thread is full of deliberate lies and misinformation by the way and it's quite interesting that nobody tried to correct them. I guess it's ok as long as it suits the agenda?

Because I have access to the discord and no one has eaten bans which is usually the sign. They flag pieces that are likely to be detected and the rest are considered "currently undetected".
At least no one is copping to bans yet. If the discord you got into is run by who I think it is, the guy has a very high opinion of himself and I wouldn't put it past him to kick people who get banned for "compromising security" or some such. Because he himself has perfect knowledge of FDev's anti-cheat measures, naturally.

do any of them have anything to allow someone to do something with interdictions?
Shouldn't be possible just with superior piloting, but not necessarily a cheat. Could be a bug, a lag thing, or even just you got caught off guard and it seemed more sudden than it was. But as others have said, the corrosive thing is that you can't rule out the possibility that it was a cheater.

ryan_m

Banned
At least no one is copping to bans yet. If the discord you got into is run by who I think it is, the guy has a very high opinion of himself and I wouldn't put it past him to kick people who get banned for "compromising security" or some such. Because he himself has perfect knowledge of FDev's anti-cheat measures, naturally.

That could be the case, but since we've been in there, no new parts of the hack have made it to the "don't use or risk a ban" section.

I wonder if they charge for the trainers.
98869742.png

That could be the case, but since we've been in there, no new parts of the hack have made it to the "don't use or risk a ban" section.

Fair enough, but maybe not surprising. Again, the hacker whose public posts I tracked may not be your guy. But the person I followed, has a clear theory about E: D's anti-cheat measures. Their rubrik is that there are two types of measure - in-client code intended to detect debuggers or memory tampering, and server-side checks. They believe they have defeated all of the former, and that no new checks are being added to the latter. This could even be correct! But the upshot is that all cheats that affect data that gets sent to the servers are preemptively going to be marked unsafe, and if they're right about what gets sent then that would be a stable set.

98869742.png

Lol. Really though, they probably have a patreon or similar. Would be pretty funny if FDev moved to seize it.

ryan_m

Banned
Fair enough, but maybe not surprising. Again, the hacker whose public posts I tracked may not be your guy. But the person I followed, has a clear theory about E: D's anti-cheat measures. Their rubrik is that there are two types of measure - in-client code intended to detect debuggers or memory tampering, and server-side checks. They believe they have defeated all of the former, and that no new checks are being added to the latter. This could even be correct! But the upshot is that all cheats that affect data that gets sent to the servers are preemptively going to be marked unsafe, and if they're right about what gets sent then that would be a stable set.

I think it's possible that FDev just aren't super concerned with cheats in general. Most players play it as a single player game so the impacts are minimal for a portion of the playerbase. Problem is, it's NOT a single player game even if you play in solo, so the impacts still exist and anyone not playing in solo can feel them directly if they encounter another player.

I get that FDev prioritize what's important to them but this stuff is literally game breaking to many players.

I think it's possible that FDev just aren't super concerned with cheats in general. Most players play it as a single player game so the impacts are minimal for a portion of the playerbase. Problem is, it's NOT a single player game even if you play in solo, so the impacts still exist and anyone not playing in solo can feel them directly if they encounter another player.

I get that FDev prioritize what's important to them but this stuff is literally game breaking to many players.
So why did they add specific cheat detection for the last popular hack?

ryan_m

Banned
You said they won't do anything against it.
I asked why.
You said because they don't have access to the hack.
Someone asked why you don't send it to them.
You said you did.

That's a completely pointless discussion.

That is not what I said. I said they won't do anything against it possibly because they don't think it's a big enough issue given that one is publicly available (detectable) and the other has to have hoops jumped through in order to obtain it.

You should re-read things before posting.

Top Bottom