Hyperspace Jump within system?

blah blah blah...win button.

...win button.

...win button.

...win button.

...win button.

Also, what do we win when we press that button?

...if by pressing the "win button" I get engaging entertainment and meaningful interaction within the game instead of wasted time then yes, I'm all for win buttons EVERYWHERE!

Every button in the entire game should be a "win button"

...if by pressing the "win button" I get engaging entertainment and meaningful interaction within the game instead of wasted time then yes, I'm all for win buttons EVERYWHERE!

Every button in the entire game should be a "win button"
I have asked the 'what do we get when we press the I Win button?' question dozens of times to the same couple of users over the last year or so.

To date, not one of them has responded to my question.

Used it once. Haven't bothered since.
But you do recognize it as a useful way to make travel times shorter, the same as engineering your FSD drive for long-range, right? And you weren't complaining when these useful enhancements were added, right? And you also weren't complaining when the Guardian FSD booster was added either, right?

And you wouldn't be discouraging players from making suggestions in the suggestions forum to enhance a gameplay mechanic that wouldn't suffer from a bit of enhancement, just like the FSD has, would you?

But you do recognize it as a useful way to make travel times shorter, the same as engineering your FSD drive for long-range, right? And you weren't complaining when these useful enhancements were added, right? And you also weren't complaining when the Guardian FSD booster was added either, right?

And you wouldn't be discouraging players from making suggestions in the suggestions forum to enhance a gameplay mechanic that wouldn't suffer from a bit of enhancement, just like the FSD has, would you?

Neither FSD boosters or neutron jumps changes the amount of time spent in SC, where the potential for CMDR interaction exists. Your suggestion directly reduces that potential by reducing the time spent in SC. This, along with the mission payout having to be completely reworked, is likely the reason most of those opposed to changing SC or adding in system hyperjumps hold those positions.

edited for clarity

I have asked the 'what do we get when we press the I Win button?' question dozens of times to the same couple of users over the last year or so.

To date, not one of them has responded to my question.

well I hope my answer is satisfactory. If asking for gameplay to be fun, entertaining, and interesting is asking for a "win button" then yes, I'd like to win an entertaining experience every time I play and every button in the game should be a win button.

Would you expect me to eat an awful meal at a restaurant? Would you expect me to sit thought an bad movie? Would you expect me to wear clothes that don't fit? Just because someone provides a bad product doesn't mean I have to accept it and "move on". In this case I care enough about the product that I'm asking the producer of the product to improve it rather than just walking away and forgetting about it.

As I said, if you want to "feel the vastness of space" you can still slow down and waste hours in SC if you want to. Allowing me to NOT do that doesn't affect your gameplay in any way. You can still do it.

It's like those people always whining about "people don't pay enough taxes!". But how many of them wrote a check and sent it to the IRS along with a note explaining that they feel they didn't pay enough taxes so they're sending some more money?

Really, these people aren't concerned with THEIR experience. They're obsessed with controlling YOUR experience.

They're not happy 'till YOU'RE not happy

Neither FSD boosters or neutron jumps changes the amount of time spent in SC, where the potential for CMDR interaction exists. Your suggestion directly reduces that potential by reducing the time spent in SC.

Really, only for those long boring SuperCruise journeys between distant stars. I would argue that the overwhelming majority of Cmdr interactions occur in that journey between the primary star and the station, which the OP is not suggesting is changed.

If we all had the ability to:
  • Jump directly to our chosen star within any system,
    OR
  • Do a super-boost to a star that is a minimum distance away.
Then you'd continue to have a level playing field for player interactions.

This, along with the mission payout having to be completely reworked, is likely the reason most of those opposed to changing SC or adding in system hyperjumps hold those positions.
It's not as though missions have never had to be re-balanced in the past, so I don't see why this should be such a big issue.

The only thing relevant would be the jump sequence, and that stays the same. But as it goes I don't like the massive long jump ranges we get now. That is the reason why my ship only jumps 43ly and I took that to beagle point. Now on my way back.

How am I discouraging anything. Just giving my point of view which I am entitled to. These posts come up again and again and my reply is always the same.

No.

The only thing relevant would be the jump sequence, and that stays the same. But as it goes I don't like the massive long jump ranges we get now. That is the reason why my ship only jumps 43ly and I took that to beagle point. Now on my way back.
It's nice when the game gives us these options to play our own way, isn't it? Rather than forcing us all into the same play-style... 🤔

It's nice when the game gives us these options to play our own way, isn't it? Rather than forcing us all into the same play-style... 🤔
Nobody is forcing anyone to go on long supercruise journeys. That's a choice. Don't like them, pick missions or destinations that are closer to the jump in star.

It's not difficult.

It's great yes. Both gameplay styles are supported.

Last edited:
Nobody is forcing anyone to go on long supercruise journeys. That's a choice. Don't like them, pick missions or destinations that are closer to the jump in star.

It's not difficult.

It's great yes. Both gameplay styles are supported.
Sounds more like a soft-lockout for those who don't have as much free time as you.

Sounds more like a soft-lockout for those who don't have as much free time as you.
If you don't have much free time go to a destination that is closer.

Why can't you understand the basics of that.

The game does not force you to travel those long distances. So if you don't want to or short of time, don't. Go somewhere closer. Don't pick missions that take you there, don't fly to them to explore, jump to the next system.

There is no soft lock, it's a choice. You choose how to play, the game doesn't force you.

If you don't have much free time go to a destination that is closer.

Why can't you understand the basics of that.
We do understand it. We just don’t like it.

Your reply sounds a lot like ‘Old man yells at cloud’. Maybe if you asked:

“Why don’t you people like SuperCruise?”

Then you’d be in a better mindset to understand why so many people suggest enhancements to SuperCruise in the first place.

We do understand it. We just don’t like it.

Your reply sounds a lot like ‘Old man yells at cloud’. Maybe if you asked:

“Why don’t you people like SuperCruise?”

Then you’d be in a better mindset to understand why so many people suggest enhancements to SuperCruise in the first place.

I have a question.

If you don't like long supercruise trips, why accept a mission that requires one?

Top Bottom