Hyperspace Jump within system?

To shorten MEANINGLESS, UNENGAGING and BORING travel time.

Interdiction mechanism can still be possible by
  1. Reducing the accuracy of the in-system jump,
    • that is to jump to a certain distance (in ls) from destination, base on the frame shrift drive rating
  2. Setting a minimum jump range
also allows no obstacles in the jump path, of course.

EDIT 2:
One more proposed solution:
Add “SC boost”
Which is to allow player to boost the speed when it reach a certain speed, let say 1000c, when boost activated, ship move at drastically higher speed than the usual top speed but reducing the rate of pitch and yaw.
This could avoid increasing the difficulty of interdiction in popular area (where pvp and piracy occurs more frequently, obviously, since speed this high is hardly reached in short distance, which CMDR lestat has pointed out the distance from the majority of the stations to their respective Stars is short.
This way short journeys would remain the same while long journeys can be effectively shorten, the changes needed to be brought to the existing mechanism is minimum, comparing to other suggestions

EDIT 1:
Suggestions by other CMDRs:
  • limit in-system jumps among major stellar objects
  • choose major stellar objects other than the main star to jump to before engaging hyperspace jump
Thanks to CMDR nanite2000 here are the links to the existing threads regarding the same/similar suggestion

Last edited:
Cheers mate

But the problem with the in-system jump is pirates are more likely to lurk around stations and points of interest in supercruise or at least get to those places quicker, which probably would make the game harder. (if the jumping needs cooldown like those already exist)

The "problem" is that other peoples point of view also hasn't changed. So i guess i should just also add some words to this thread and see how it evolves:
  • ADS
  • FSS
  • Engineers
  • PowerPlay
  • CQC

Hooray! It's this thread again:
My opinion on this topic hasn't changed. SuperCruise is slow, takes too long, and is boring - especially over long distances.

So, I support your desire for in-system jumps OP!

+1
oh wow even the term "in-system jump" is the same and I've never read your threads before
should have done more research before posting...

It's unfortunate that FDev has done nothing about it.

Gosh what an uniformed view. The system of supercruise rather than any other type of in-system travel was decided upon by F D in consultation with the players a long time ago.

Get your facts straight.
I'm pretty sure he was referring to the fact that SuperCruise has not been modified/enhanced based on user feedback since the initial release of the game in Dec 2014, which is factually correct as far as I know.

Lestat

Banned
Well, we have 65000 stations. 90% of the station cater to your play style which is short and sweet So using a little common sense can help with that 10% that you are complaining about. You can use your skill you can shorten the distance by avoiding gravity walls.

Well, we have 65000 stations. 90% of the station cater to your play style which is short and sweet So using a little common sense can help with that 10% that you are complaining about. You can use your skill you can shorten the distance by avoiding gravity walls.
Yes, we know that. It does not invalidate the OP's suggestion in any way.

So the OP's "shorten MEANINGLESS, UNENGAGING and BORING travel time " is not invalidated by avoiding those long journeys? Good lord, hang your wishes on anything. :rolleyes:
If your solution to the problem is to tell people to “just avoid playing a section of the game”, rather than seeing it as an opportunity to enhance a segment of the game that is one of the most requested features to be improved so that it becomes accessible, fun, and skill-based, then I can’t help you.

If your solution to the problem is to tell people to “just avoid playing a section of the game”, rather than seeing it as an opportunity to enhance a segment of the game that is one of the most requested features to be improved so that it becomes accessible, fun, and skill-based, then I can’t help you.

If people cannot accept that long distance travel in a star-system takes time then I can't help them. ;)

Lestat

Banned
To shorten MEANINGLESS, UNENGAGING and BORING travel time.

Interdiction mechanism can still be possible by
  1. Reducing the accuracy of the in-system jump,
    • that is to jump to a certain distance (in ls) from destination, base on the frame shrift drive rating
  2. Setting a minimum jump range
also allows no obstacles in the jump path, of course.
How will Pirates or Bounty Hunters or PvPers get you? Not everyone going to have the same mechanics. See Frontier found keeping all the ships the same in supercruise. Right now those types of players have a chance to get an NPC or players and we don't want an I win feature.

Why ever not?

It's not as if suggestions threads should only contain posts supportive of the proposal, is it?
Well, if he’s already made up his mind that the current gameplay mechanic is perfect and can not be improved upon, and is just going to end up repeating that mantra, then I don’t see how that contributes to the discussion.

It would just be wasting everyone’s time (including his own).

I mean, technically there’s no forum rule against someone participating in threads where they are just repeating themselves, but it doesn’t really add anything to the discussion.

Besides, he already said it himself - he can’t help the OP. 🤷‍♂️

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Well, if he’s already made up his mind that the current gameplay mechanic is perfect and can not be improved upon, and is just going to end up repeating that mantra, then I don’t see how that contributes to the discussion.

It would just be wasting everyone’s time (including his own).

I mean, technically there’s no forum rule against someone participating in threads where they are just repeating themselves, but it doesn’t really add anything to the discussion.

Besides, he already said it himself - he can’t help the OP. 🤷‍♂️
Expressing one's opinion of a proposal, whether in support or opposition is quite reasonable.

One player's "improvement" may not be seen in quite the same light by other players - it's quite subjective.

Top Bottom