I can't land the ship anywhere

I can't believe I spent 30 minutes circling my anaconda to land next to the scout for the CG, 30 ing minutes, round and back and never managed to land, ironically I kept going off the ground and the game told me, right place, low, sorry but i don't want to land, switch to horizon, 30 seconds, literally next to the thargoid, this hasn't happened to me before, what the hell have they screwed up again?
LX6cT3B.png

20220610044531_1.jpg

If I throw myself with the car after landing on horizon [the ship goes into the air in odyssey] I go to the place and ask for the anaconda, the damn AI if it lands, I hate frontier and Elite dangerous more and more, for many hours that I I've given

Last edited:
This seems to be an issue with the Anaconda. Try flying something else for a bit. Having benefited from a long standing bug that gives it an undeserved jump range I can't say I'm sympathetic 😛

This seems to be an issue with the Anaconda. Try flying something else for a bit. Having benefited from a long standing bug that gives it an undeserved jump range I can't say I'm sympathetic 😛
I use the anaconda because there are 12 jumps with a high load capacity, but having to do this will make the CG go to hell, the AI does land but I can't, Frontier teases us with everything, for sure I land most fast my corvette

Imagine not being able to land the Anaconda on an atmospheric world and do exobiology out in the black. That’s my problem now. Can’t switch to Horizons cause you can’t land on a planet with atmosphere in horizons (afaik).

I was able to land with an anaconda pretty much anywhere prior to update 12, perhaps this is caused by all the changes to the anaconda's collision detection and hitboxes in the new update.

I was able to land with an anaconda pretty much anywhere prior to update 12, perhaps this is caused by all the changes to the anaconda's collision detection and hitboxes in the new update.
I don't know, because until now it's been more than 4 months since I landed on a planet and the current CG asks you to go down to planets, so I found that little surprise, which they wouldn't even pay attention to, like the performance, on its report day errors in the Chieftain and the T10 and after a few days they made arrangements, but now, they are getting worse and I doubt they will do it in a month

Update 12 patch notes suggest FDev finally got around to adding hitboxes to all those parts of the Anaconda you could access on foot in Odyssey.

Post Update 12 bug reports suggest one or more of those hitboxes is the wrong size :oops:

Imagine not being able to land the Anaconda on an atmospheric world and do exobiology out in the black. That’s my problem now. Can’t switch to Horizons cause you can’t land on a planet with atmosphere in horizons (afaik).
one of the best ships for exploration, now unusable

Update 12 patch notes suggest FDev finally got around to adding hitboxes to all those parts of the Anaconda you could access on foot in Odyssey.

Post Update 12 bug reports suggest one or more of those hitboxes is the wrong size :oops:
That's what FPS games can talk about a lot and the custom of doing truck mode hitbox?, because those things generate more problems than benefit and more in a ship like the conda, don't tell me that I couldn't extend those little legs a little to be able to stick to the ground even if they are visually a bit buggy, because obviously in reality those legs would be movable, that is, they have an axis on the legs that allows them to extend a little or shrink to land like some current real helicopters :unsure:

Apparently they added some hitboxes to hardpoints. I know it's possible to clip into some areas of the Anaconda. It's probably the fighter bay doing it. Maybe something is wrong and the hitbox for the fighter bay is using the one that gets used when it's open?

Maybe they didn't class the hitbox correctly? Anything underneath the ship needs to/can be classed GROUND_OK or something? The cargo hatch can clip clean through the ground when open. This is pretty much the only reason it's possible to scoop grounded things with a ship.

If FDev changed the hitboxes and this indeed is the result then I don't understand how come QA did not find this before rolling out the update?

"We changed some things around on the Anaconda but we didn't bother testing the most basic features in the game?"

Come on.

If FDev changed the hitboxes and this indeed is the result then I don't understand how come QA did not find this before rolling out the update?

"We changed some things around on the Anaconda but we didn't bother testing the most basic features in the game?"

Come on.
I always use Auto landing, i almost never land manualy anymore, even docking at stations.
Tesla is the future!

I always use Auto landing, i almost never land manualy anymore, even docking at stations.
Tesla is the future!
That has nothing to do with the lack of testing.
Or next time if some other feature stops working everyone will just say "don't use it then"?

PS: Good luck using auto dock/auto launch with the Cutter though. It will slam you right into the walls of a station. So not even "Tesla" can help you avoid some bugs and issues.

Apparently they added some hitboxes to hardpoints. I know it's possible to clip into some areas of the Anaconda. It's probably the fighter bay doing it. Maybe something is wrong and the hitbox for the fighter bay is using the one that gets used when it's open?

Maybe they didn't class the hitbox correctly? Anything underneath the ship needs to/can be classed GROUND_OK or something? The cargo hatch can clip clean through the ground when open. This is pretty much the only reason it's possible to scoop grounded things with a ship.
technically the anaconda launches the car and picks it up by reimaging it, so that's not the cause, the bay is under the nose

Come on.
that is my thought of FD for 2 years, with the chieftain who reported that the doors came out of the anchors when opening them, that the type 10 collided with nothing among other errors that only I seem to report according to what they told me, luckily back then FD was working and after 2 days they fixed it but now, well, ticket page, if nobody supports them they don't even look at it

That has nothing to do with the lack of testing.
Or next time if some other feature stops working everyone will just say "don't use it then"?

PS: Good luck using auto dock/auto launch with the Cutter though. It will slam you right into the walls of a station. So not even "Tesla" can help you avoid some bugs and issues.
I didn't said they shouldn't fix it. But if there is a workabout than should try using it, until they fix the problem.

I don't use Cutter, don't like the looks of it. Reminds me of a facy Yacht than a combat ship. Also i didn't had problem landing on T9 during CG or after. And i landed like 100 times with it.

Top Bottom