I FOUND A FIX TO THE BUGS OCCURRING IN WING VOID OPAL MINING... (Detonator Display not working etc)

Over the past several days me and my wing have had experienced many repeatable bugs while attempting to do void opal core mining together and as a result of much frustration and loosing hundreds of millions of creds to the bugs, we have found a reliable fix...

Basically while in the wing I would fit my Cutter with x2 5a-collector limpets, about 320 cargo, a prospector, wave scanner, a small refinery and roughly 9k shields to protect the wing's opals, with a full weapon loadout for pirates and no mining hardpoints. My wing mates would fit asps with the seismic charge, a bunch of abrasion blasters, prospectors, surface scanner, wave scanner, but no refinery... The idea was that my asp wing-mates could zip around efficiently prospecting to find void rocks to crack open, once they found a void rock would call over my Cutter, they would detonate and abrasion blast all the opals while the cutter deployed the 6 collectors. As soon as they shot the last void deposit, they would immediately go back to prospecting for another void rock to detonate, while the Cutter stayed to collect and refine all the void fragments... this way the cutter holds all the voids under it's shield fortress and can collect with 6 limpets, the asps have no worry from pirates, and prospecting can be extremely efficient. With another wave scanner on the cutter, if my wing had not found another rock by the time i was done collecting I could join in prospecting and call one of the asps over if I found a void rock to detonate. At the end of the run we would split the voids and transfer the shares a couple LS away from the station.

What we found was that every single time, the first rock found after we dropped into the ring always worked without any issues. After that however, someone would find a void rock, no matter who it was in the wing, and they would not get the detonation graph display causing us to not have any idea if they were placing charges correctly to detonate the rock. Other bugs would happen like fragments shot spawning 5km away, etc. These bugs were repeatable over days of attempting, finding rock after rock and not being able to blow them up, relog didnt help etc. Even the asps jumping in and out of the ring wouldn't help if the cutter didn't follow. Which brought us to finding the fix that we've tested successfully for about 8hrs now.

THE FIX: COLLECTOR LIMPETS ARE THE CULPRIT... The first rock works without a hitch because collector limpets are not deployed yet... after that, the IDLE collectors following a ship around causes anyone in the wing who tries to detonate a rock to not get their detonation display. ALSO the one who prospects the rock has to be the one to initiate the first seismic charge,(this forces me to have to put 1 seismic charge on my weapon loadout if i prospect a void rock before an asp in the cutter) TURNING OFF THE COLLECTOR LIMPET CONTROLLER MODULE/KILL ALL THE ACTIVE COLLECTOR LIMPETS, WILL FIX THIS ISSUE AND EVERYONE WILL ALWAYS GET THEIR DISPLAY WHEN SETTING CHARGES (REMEMBER THE PERSON THAT PROSPECTS MUST BE THE ONE TO SET THE 1ST CHARGE).. AFTER THE ROCK DETONATES, THE WINGMAN/CUTTER IN MY CASE, CAN TURN THE LIMPET CONTROLLER BACK ON AND LAUNCH MORE ACTIVE LIMPETS... ANY IDLE LIMPET IN FACT CAUSES THE BUG, SO IF A PROSPECTOR LIMPET IS MID AIR WHILE ANOTHER WINGMAN SHOOTS A SEISMIC CHARGE THE DISPLAY WILL FAIL FOR THEM. EVEN AFTER THE ROCK EXPLODES, IF COLLECTORS ARE DEPLOYED BEFORE SURFACE DEPOSITS ARE SHOT BY A WINGMAN, THE ABRASION SHOTS WILL CAUSE FRAGMENTS TO SPAWN 5KM AWAY INSTEAD OF WHERE THEY ARE SHOT... THIS ACTUALLY IS HELPFUL AS IT MAKES A CLOUD OF THEM EASIER TO COLLECT AWAY FROM THE ASTEROID... Sometimes if I waited to deploy collectors until after the first void deposit was shot by an asp, the fragments would duplicate and appear both where they're shot + 5km away... AT ANY RATE, IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE DEEP CORE MINING IN WING, KILLING ANY LIMPET MODULE/ COLLECTORS, ESPECIALLY IDLE COLLECTORS, BEFORE ANY WINGMAN FIRES A SEISMIC CHARGE TO START DETONATING ANOTHER ROCK, WILL FIX THIS ISSUE. [cool]

- CHEERS

Last edited:
Top Bottom