I’d like more commanders in the Open

You are openly defending trolling. What do you expect me to do other than think you are also a troll?

If you wanna have a discussion then let's have a discussion, but you seem to just be talking really loudly and ignoring what everyone else is saying. That's not a discussion. That's trolling.
I don't even know if I'd call it trolling. I've always been of the opinion that trolling at least tries to be funny. But this guy? He's only interested in what he thinks is anarchy.

Nevermind that actual anarchy doesn't work like that. XD

You are openly defending trolling. What do you expect me to do other than think you are also a troll?

If you wanna have a discussion then let's have a discussion, but you seem to just be talking really loudly and ignoring what everyone else is saying. That's not a discussion. That's trolling.

You're a Solo player judging an entire group of players for perfectly legitimate in-game acts based on nothing more than your opinion, which as I've demonstrated earlier, is faulty as all get out.

I don't even know if I'd call it trolling. I've always been of the opinion that trolling at least tries to be funny. But this guy? He's only interested in what he thinks is anarchy.

And your buddy here is tossing rhetorical bombs from behind a block. That's right. Earlier this evening he DM'd me just to let me know that.

And I'm the troll here?

I'm willing to bet that the RL guy behind the Phisto avatar knows a lot more about anarchic theory than you think he does, and would be happy to discuss it.

I'm willing to bet that the RL guy behind the Phisto avatar knows a lot more about anarchic theory than you think he does, and would be happy to discuss it.
Discussion and argument are, unfortunately, two completely different things. Maybe once that difference is sorted, but it will be pretty difficult to tell. Some things just aren't meant to be.

You're a Solo player judging an entire group of players for perfectly legitimate in-game acts based on nothing more than your opinion, which as I've demonstrated earlier, is faulty as all get out.

And your buddy here is tossing rhetorical bombs from behind a block. That's right. Earlier this evening he DM'd me just to let me know that.

And I'm the troll here?
I hate to break it to you but just killing players for fun and griefing new players who are just trying to go to Deciat is not a "legitimate in game act". It's trolling. Even if you don't want to admit it.

I hate to break it to you but just killing players for fun and griefing new players who are just trying to go to Deciat is not a "legitimate in game act". It's trolling. Even if you don't want to admit it.

Lehman's right. They explicitly condone attacking players in Open Play for any reason or none.

And you still refuse to address my ultimate point: how do you know they're doing it just to ruin someone's fun? Who are you to tell me, or anyone, what we're doing in the game is truly griefing? You don't even play in the mode! How could you possibly judge such a thing properly?

This is another one of those things where you have to prove your assertion. Just saying it doesn't make it so.

It is, though. Even the devs have said so.
It can be both things. In this case, it is, and it's one of the primary reasons the average player tends to avoid Open. If the idea of "good clean fun" in Open is seal clubbing, it's hard to reasonably expect otherwise.

Nor is it terribly conducive to proper anarchy, but that's another discussion for another time and place it seems. Open is what it is, and people can choose whether or not to participate in it. If the objective is to get more people into Open, my suggestion as a professional writer would be for Open's users to create the kind of content more people would like to experience.

If you're looking for suggestions, seal clubbing isn't one of those things. Try the opposite of that. Good luck! ^_^

If you spend your time in Elite griefing under-geared players in your fully engineered battleships then you are part of the problem. You are apart of the reason why some people avoid Open these days.

And honestly how can you all expect anything different? You apparently spend your time in the game making life miserable for other players and then you appear to be dumbfounded at the idea that some people don't like Open and prefer to play in private groups or by themselves.

Get a little self awareness.

To anyone still preaching moral codes and what's considered trolling, why not arm yourself and pay a visit? We all use the same tools here, it's not like the deciat danger is any more than what you can pose yourself, especially if you come in a wing. Just yesterday I ran into the exact same Commander that kicked my butt in Todd space half a year ago, and ate him for breakfast in my PvP ready mamba. Sht felt so fulfilling, I still have goosebumps.

I urge anyone that was wronged this way, to come back the day you're ready. This is the most combat fun you'll ever have in this game.

It can be both things. In this case, it is, and it's one of the primary reasons the average player tends to avoid Open. If the idea of "good clean fun" in Open is seal clubbing, it's hard to reasonably expect otherwise.

Nor is it terribly conducive to proper anarchy, but that's another discussion for another time and place it seems. Open is what it is, and people can choose whether or not to participate in it. If the objective is to get more people into Open, my suggestion as a professional writer would be for Open's users to create the kind of content more people would like to experience.

If you're looking for suggestions, seal clubbing isn't one of those things. Try the opposite of that. Good luck! ^_^

Firstly, the information relayed from Frontier is that open is the most popular mode by "a significant margin", so... no, ganking isn't having the effect that you're claiming.

Second, the BGS doesn't lend itself well to any of the government types portrayed in the game— but that's a game mechanics limitation, not a commentary on political theory.

And boy oh boy, is your suggestion as a writer sure giving me the grins right now...

If you spend your time in Elite griefing under-geared players in your fully engineered battleships then you are part of the problem. You are apart of the reason why some people avoid Open these days.

And honestly how can you all expect anything different? You apparently spend your time in the game making life miserable for other players and then you appear to be dumbfounded at the idea that people don't like Open and prefer to play in private groups or by themselves.

Get a little self awareness.

I actually spend most of my time making Colonia an awesome place to play, in Open Play or otherwise. Frankly, Open Play is cut throat. This isn't new. If that's not for you, that's great. Play in Solo or Private Group. Enjoy the game.

But if you step into Open Play prepare accordingly and have a good time. If you don't and decide to spout the kind small minded nonsense we're seeing here?

Open Play is better without you. Good riddance.

Firstly, the information relayed from Frontier is that open is the most popular mode by "a significant margin", so... no, ganking isn't having the effect that you're claiming.

Second, the BGS doesn't lend itself well to any of the government types portrayed in the game— but that's a game mechanics limitation, not a commentary on political theory.

And boy oh boy, is your suggestion as a writer sure giving me the grins right now...

Hey! I've heard of that story! I seem to recall months of gameplay with my friends inspiring quite a bit of it.

Last edited:
I actually spend most of my time making Colonia an awesome place to play, in Open Play or otherwise. Frankly, Open Play is cut throat. This isn't new. If that's not for you, that's great. Play in Solo or Private Group. Enjoy the game.

But if you step into Open Play prepare according and have a good time. If you don't and decide to spout the kind small minded nonsense we're seeing here?

Open Play is better without you. Good riddance.

Hey! I've heard of that story! I seem to recall months of gameplay with my friends inspiring quite a bit of it.

But you and your friends are nothing but mindless gankers! Surely there must be some mistake!

I'm not sure if this is one of those "last word" things or not but out of an abundance of caution:

* Good, then the problem of people being in Open is solved and the thread can be closed. Wonderful news!

* That's... great? There's a lot of things in a lot of games that don't perfectly reflect real life?

And finally, I'm aware of the piece. A solid effort. Not quite my particular thing, but you're quite obviously very proud of it and I'm glad you could find that joy for yourself and your readers.

Now, if there's nothing further, I've got a sector to map in preparation for FCs. Very glad we could resolve this issue, and that there are enough people in Open.

I see why some people have you on ignore now.

Doesn't bother me. Ain't got time for fools these days.

Look, I've helped enough people throughout my time playing this game to learn that holding their hand and patting them on the butt don't do diddly squat.

Pulling them up, dusting them off, and giving them the tools and knowledge to make their own way? Works every time.

Top Bottom